Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Why was there never a conscious effort to promote the new band in the media?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Guest_RonMexico82_*

Guest_RonMexico82_*
  • Guests
  • --
Has anyone ever been able to answer this? No TV appearances, no website, no band photo (until recently), nothing done together to present the band to the world as being just that, a band.

It was so counterproductive it is truly puzzling.

Edited by RonMexico82, 24 October 2012 - 02:55 PM.

Bumble's Bridge Pickup

Bumble's Bridge Pickup

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • 18-June 10

Has anyone ever been able to answer this?

No

Posted Image

Groghan

Groghan

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts
  • 15-July 03
The obvious answer would be that Team Brazil values this as Axl and a bunch of band members, and with the constant worry that people will leave (Bucket, Finck, Brain......).
How do you heavily promote Bumblefoot and Fortus........and then a month later have them both leave?
Isn't that why most people think the Better video was never released? Because it featured Finck and Bucket?

RussTCB

RussTCB

Takin' Care of Business

• MOD SQUAD
  • 3,998 posts
  • 11-May 05
There hasn't been in the past, but there is now.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"

finck6

finck6

GOD

• Read only
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts
  • 17-May 06

The obvious answer would be that Team Brazil values this as Axl and a bunch of band members, and with the constant worry that people will leave (Bucket, Finck, Brain......).
How do you heavily promote Bumblefoot and Fortus........and then a month later have them both leave?
Isn't that why most people think the Better video was never released? Because it featured Finck and Bucket?

for the record...robin finck is the big rock n' roll star of the guns n roses better music video

Guest_RonMexico82_*

Guest_RonMexico82_*
  • Guests
  • --

Bit late now though. The ship has sailed.

Bards

Bards

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • 04-February 09

Not trying to argue, but how? There's been one photo of them together. Dj sat silently beside Axl during the Trunk interview......am I missing anything?

RussTCB

RussTCB

Takin' Care of Business

• MOD SQUAD
  • 3,998 posts
  • 11-May 05

Not trying to argue, but how? There's been one photo of them together. Dj sat silently beside Axl during the Trunk interview......am I missing anything?

Axl and Ron on Kimmel tonight. The band photos all over the Vegas promos, the new displays at the Hard Rock, Dizzy and DJ on Fox News LA and who knows what else is coming.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"

Guest_RonMexico82_*

Guest_RonMexico82_*
  • Guests
  • --
Yeah but the time for that was about ten years ago.

finck6

finck6

GOD

• Read only
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts
  • 17-May 06

Axl and Ron on Kimmel tonight. The band photos all over the Vegas promos, the new displays at the Hard Rock, Dizzy and DJ on Fox News LA and who knows what else is coming.

what's ron going to say on kimmel tonight?

Bards

Bards

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • 04-February 09

Axl and Ron on Kimmel tonight is cool, although I just learned Ron would be performing with the Cleotones about 30 seconds ago :)

The only Vegas promos I've seen have been the terrible "Appetite for Democracy" ones, but admittedly I'm not in Vegas or even on the West Coast.

RussTCB

RussTCB

Takin' Care of Business

• MOD SQUAD
  • 3,998 posts
  • 11-May 05

Axl and Ron on Kimmel tonight is cool, although I just learned Ron would be performing with the Cleotones about 30 seconds ago :)

The only Vegas promos I've seen have been the terrible "Appetite for Democracy" ones, but admittedly I'm not in Vegas or even on the West Coast.

I've seen a couple things on twitter like the band photos on huge walls, with their names under each of them. Photos of the elevators looking the same way have appeared too. DJ or GNR (Or both?) just tweeted the new display case at the Hard Rock a few hours ago. :)

Guest_RonMexico82_*

Guest_RonMexico82_*
  • Guests
  • --
All of this would have been great years ago. Imagine Bucket going on Conan :lol:

Dazey

Dazey

Redcoat Bastard!

• Supporters
  • 15,524 posts
  • 25-November 02
I would argue that to a lot of people the Guns n Roses brand as linked to the old band is still a very powerful marketing tool. It makes no difference to 99% of the people at the gigs who else is in the band so why publicise it and emphasise the fact that it's only Axl left from the original lineup? You can guarantee that a lot of the people at the shows just saw the Guns n' Roses name and bought tickets not thinking about who's still in the band so why shatter their illusions?

HV's Current Shit-list: Black Sabbath, Broskirose, Skype Crew (except Graeme), Miser, wfse and Dazey. Especially Dazey...

Guest_RonMexico82_*

Guest_RonMexico82_*
  • Guests
  • --
Why did you have to reveal it Dazey, why, why, why? :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users