Screenings of London shows cancelled in German cinemas

Schwarzgold

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm holding out that the Dolby surround sound at the cinemas will make Axls voice sound really good. either way it should be enjoyable to watch

I went to the cinema I purchased tickets for the showing on november 7th today, and they said that there will be only 1 screening and only two tickets have been sold so far (the 2 I purchased)...

not surprising really considering there's been zero promotion about it.

I'm going to get my tickets this weekend. November 7 in Melbourne as well. I've unfortunately never had the opportunity to see GnR live (well, if back in 88 my Mum hadn't prevented me from going due to the show being on a school night I wouldn't be saying this, but such is life :shrugs:), so for me on the big screen will be better than a DVD. I'm quite excited. Pity it wasn't the Rotterdam show they recorded. Apparently Axl was amazing at that show.

I went to the cinema I purchased tickets for the showing on november 7th today, and they said that there will be only 1 screening and only two tickets have been sold so far (the 2 I purchased)...

not surprising really considering there's been zero promotion about it.

I'm going to get my tickets this weekend. November 7 in Melbourne as well. I've unfortunately never had the opportunity to see GnR live (well, if back in 88 my Mum hadn't prevented me from going due to the show being on a school night I wouldn't be saying this, but such is life :shrugs:), so for me on the big screen will be better than a DVD. I'm quite excited. Pity it wasn't the Rotterdam show they recorded. Apparently Axl was amazing at that show.

they did melbourne in '07, and apart from that you could of jumped onto a plane in 2010 and go interstate like the rest of us, you cheap bastard ! :P

Was in my classical music stage then. Wasn't listening to anything from my past at all. In fact I didn't even know they came to OZ in 2010! A bit pissed off now I can assure you!

not as pissed off as you're about to be when I tell you , and any other person here that saw him in 2010 would agree that its the best he's sounded since the old days of GnR..

but not to fear, i'm sure they will come back down under again soon rock3

In AT they have sold 15 tickets for the movie...

They also did promotion for it before Celebration Day (LedZep Concert) here.

By the way most of the people there where laughing their asses of as the trailer said that it's Guns n Roses - just to show you how the general (rock) fans view this current version of the band.

TBH I don't think the lack of interest is due to Axl's bad performance in London - in the trailer I have seen they didn't even show him singing and still no one gave a fuck about this cinema concert...

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

From a business point of view it's a head scratcher to me.

Take the UK showings for example. Besides people like us, who is going to go and see a GN'R line up from 2012 show with Axl in poor form. On a Wednesday night? Anyone who stumbles into it unware might think it was an old show they're going to see. I just can't see it being something that could make much money. Yeah the dvd fair enough but not this!?

I went to the cinema today to watch the gig and had to learn it was cancelled.

20121029_194312.jpg

I shot that pic with my cell phone. Text says that right holder and band management have cancelled the airing of the gig on short notice. Fuck, I had been really looking forward to this.

Here's from Livebeats' twitter:

no, nothing was cancelled. The German cinema chain announced a date, which was not approved.

yeah...right

They said that as soon as that german cinema announced a date in the first place. It's not something they made up now that it was cancelled.