Axl's musicial influences

Tabitha27

1.) "Sweet"?

2.) Bernie Taupin

3.) Elvis

4.) Queen

5. Black Sabbath

I remeber he mentioned old Judas Priest and first Iron Maiden album during 2006 Eddie Trunk interview. I guess he likes Van Halen (David Lee Roth), Aerosmith and WASP too.

The biggies for Axl I would say would be Queen, Elton (and Taupin), Thin Lizzy and AC/DC. Slash was Mr Aerosmith. Izzy, Stones and Hanoi. Steven, Kiss. Duff, NY Dolls, Stooges and Prince. But there was enough common ground so, for example, Slash loved the Stones and Hanoi Rocks, Axl liked Hanoi Rocks and Duff liked Aerosmith and your other more traditional hard rock bands also. Steven also liked Queen.

ELO. He said once that he was an ELO fanatic, particularly of Out of the Blue. He wanted Jeff Lynne to produce November Rain and some other UYI songs.

Also, Foghat. He once compared one of the UYI songs to "Chevrolet" by Foghat.

Edited by Vincent Vega

George Michael.

Hope you`re joking

I remember him saying that when Appetite was being made he bought shitloads of CD's to really get a feel for what production he wanted on the album and to paraphrase him he bought everything "from Slayer to George Michael".

Also I remember how he once had a talk with George Michael and how George told him he loved Guns melodies but everything was covered in guitars and Axl told him he loved George's melodies and that maybe he should throw some guitars on his shit.

As a additional thing I remember someone talking about all the stuff the guys were listening to when Appetite was being made and I remember that the Beastie Boys' Licensed to Ill Was in big rotation for the band but Axl was really drawing inspiration from Ride the Lightning (might explain why Licensed to Ill, AFD and RTL are some of my all time favourite albums)

Edited by Johnny Drama

George Michael.

Hope you`re joking

I remember him saying that when Appetite was being made he bought shitloads of CD's to really get a feel for what production he wanted on the album and to paraphrase him he bought everything "from Slayer to George Michael".

Also I remember how he once had a talk with George Michael and how George told him he loved Guns melodies but everything was covered in guitars and Axl told him he loved George's melodies and that maybe he should throw some guitars on his shit.

As a additional thing I remember someone talking about all the stuff the guys were listening to when Appetite was being made and I remember that the Beastie Boys' Licensed to Ill Was in big rotation for the band but Axl was really drawing inspiration from Ride the Lightning (might explain why Licensed to Ill, AFD and RTL are some of my all time favourite albums)

..was that before or after Faith.