Who Do You Give More Props to "Estranged"?

ChristmasFnatic

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Both Axl and Slash were at the top of their game for Estranged, one of my favorite GNR tunes. I honestly can't say one deserves more props than another because that is the magic of collaboration - everyone's ideas come together for a singular epic tune

Both Axl and Slash were at the top of their game for Estranged, one of my favorite GNR tunes. I honestly can't say one deserves more props than another because that is the magic of collaboration - everyone's ideas come together for a singular epic tune

:thumbsup:

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I can't really decide. It's like THE Axl song, but at the same time, those guitars Slash did in it were so magical and the song wouldn't have been half the song it is without them.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I can't decide either.

They'll never produce anything like this again with their own projects. They NEED each other!

I can't decide either.

They'll never produce anything like this again with their own projects. They NEED each other!

Definitely! :thumbsup:

I can't really decide. It's like THE Axl song, but at the same time, those guitars Slash did in it were so magical and the song wouldn't have been half the song it is without them.

This. For all the shit I disagree with you on in AG, you're a proper Guns fan.

Think of it this way. Without Slash, the song would still exist as a decent piano piece. Without Axl, there would be no Estranged.

Guns N' Roses was never a piano band but I understand what you're saying. That said, Axl stupid nutters would give Axl props for Locomotive and Coma when those are Slash's babies.

Slash's solos and guitar arrangements were so damn good that Axl had to thank him in the booklet. I think Axl was blown away with Slash's input. ;)

Think of it this way. Without Slash, the song would still exist as a decent piano piece. Without Axl, there would be no Estranged.

Guns N' Roses was never a piano band but I understand what you're saying. That said, Axl stupid nutters would give Axl props for Locomotive and Coma when those are Slash's babies.

I'm not taking props away from Slash for Estranged, just saying Axl laid down the foundation for the song and without him the song wouldn't exist in any form.

Full props to Slash on Coma, great song. Same with Locomotive, though I wish he hadn't decided to play rhythm on it.

• 2 weeks later...

I cant decide; but every time I hear Axl start the song and then hear the guitar I just know its fucking epic.

That actually makes perfect sense. Still I just cant decide but now I'm leaning towards Axl since u mentioned the template thing before.

I know this is considered Axl's masterpiece and Coma is considered Slash's baby, but Slash's guitar is my favorite part of Estranged, and Axl's vocals and lyrics are my favorite part of Coma. :lol:

Thats exactly how I feel about them. Estranged is Axl's song, but I definitely know it more for Slash's guitars. That is what I fell in love with in the song. And oddly enough, I only think of all the different stuff Axl does during Coma as opposed to Slash's involvement. Very weird how that turned out.

• 2 weeks later...

the song kind of shows the kind of special relationship creatively speaking Axl and Slash had. Slash expresses beautifully what axl paints with words, and it's just this cohesion about it that works so well.

It's the perfect song to showcase the relationship, 100% agreed.

I give Axl the credit on this one, as he wrote the song, lyrics and generally pushed Gn'R into a more ballad/mature direction.