Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

NEW ALBUM????????.......WHEN?????????.....

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

jimmysrose

jimmysrose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • 05-June 10
Live performances, interviews, tv appearances, tours...........but when wil we get new stuff?????????????? Release for god 's sake the remaining songs from the CD era..............i still remember the tweet from Axl that said this year would be the time for the new album (but after a while it was said that it was hacked)....don 't know what is true but i hope this residency means a new beginning and a new record..............................

ChristmasFnatic

ChristmasFnatic

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts
  • 31-August 12
12.12.12!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bacardimayne and I are the first official gay couple in MyGNRforum!!!

Rovim

Rovim

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,754 posts
  • 28-March 04
A less optimistic man will probably tell you that it's not a question of 'when' but more a question of 'if'.

Personally, I think Axl will eventually release 'cd ll' because he said he viewes the Chinese Democracy project as a double album.

MyGn'R tits status: ^_^

gavgnr

gavgnr

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • 11-April 05
The current momentum does feel quite positive and could be be progress towards a new album.

Ultimately IMO it all boils down to whether Uncle Axl wants to release new stuff.

I really hope so
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxB9B0444E-5E4A-4A09-A3F8-A4AC01334F64-552xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest_RonMexico82_*

Guest_RonMexico82_*
  • Guests
  • --
No new music will be the death of this line-up. I'd say if that happens Axl should just end GNR, maybe go work on those movie scores/soundtrack stuff that he said interested him.

AxlRose14

AxlRose14

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts
  • 28-February 09
This band needs new music more than Axl realizes.

Axl_morris

Axl_morris

FRONTMAN

• SILVER Supporter
  • 6,869 posts
  • 03-February 05
A new album would be cool, however I don't crave for it like most of you guys do. I mean, what is there to prove? He can sell out tours in most of the world on songs he wrote 25 years ago. A new album, in some ways could damage sales? Most of the fans want to hear sweet child, nov rain..ect a new album would mean some of those songs being left out, potentially. So, it's a tough situation to be in.

#cut4bumblefoot

AxlisOld

AxlisOld

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 9,540 posts
  • 08-May 05
lol new music being legitimately released.
Posted Image

duffman.gifstormtrooper.gif
WARNING: Consumption of alcoholic beverages will MAKE YOU AWESOME

Rovim

Rovim

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 6,754 posts
  • 28-March 04

A new album would be cool, however I don't crave for it like most of you guys do. I mean, what is there to prove? He can sell out tours in most of the world on songs he wrote 25 years ago. A new album, in some ways could damage sales? Most of the fans want to hear sweet child, nov rain..ect a new album would mean some of those songs being left out, potentially. So, it's a tough situation to be in.

What do you mean to prove? Don't you want to hear more music? While I want Guns to do well, what comes first as a fan is the music.

It shouldn't be a tough situation if you're a musician imo. I understand that it's more difficult with the weight of the past in the case of this specific frontman, but Axl seems to present his idea of Guns as a band that does have a future, and that includes releasing new shit in my book.

Groghan

Groghan

FRONTMAN

• SILVER Supporter
  • 11,097 posts
  • 15-July 03
Wonder how true the rumor is that the new album issue is all about money.
Beta not wanting to pay the band for their writing/recording time and wanting them to take a compensation package based on how the album ends up doing. Tied in with the payment situation for songs that were already written before BBF, Frank and DJ were in the band.
Don't you guys find it odd that the band, Axl, Fernando never talk about the next album with any specifics? Go ask any member of any working band what the plans/situation is for the next album and they can at least give you some facts. "Well, we laid down 8 tracks already and the entire band is going to head to the studio next month to come up with 10-12 more. Then we'll work them out, pick the best 15, and hope for a summer 2013 release."
With GnR, we have no idea when the album could be potentially released. We have no idea if it will be new songs created by this band, the rest of the CD songs (how many actually exist?), or a combination of them both.

Why is it such a mystery and level 10 top secret information?

Groghan

Groghan

FRONTMAN

• SILVER Supporter
  • 11,097 posts
  • 15-July 03
" I think as a whole this particular lineup has never really written together"...........Dizzy Reed, taken from an interview today.

It has been four years since the last album came out.

That is a sad statement to read.

Does that give anybody hope that a new album is any where close to being released?

Rovim

Rovim

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 6,754 posts
  • 28-March 04

" I think as a whole this particular lineup has never really written together"...........Dizzy Reed, taken from an interview today.

It has been four years since the last album came out.

That is a sad statement to read.

Does that give anybody hope that a new album is any where close to being released?

Maybe. There are at least 18 songs 'done'. It's not like they have to record new shit in order to release more material.

Spirit

Spirit

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts
  • 03-April 05

Beta not wanting to pay the band for their writing/recording time and wanting them to take a compensation package based on how the album ends up doing. Tied in with the payment situation for songs that were already written before BBF, Frank and DJ were in the band.
Don't you guys find it odd that the band, Axl, Fernando never talk about the next album with any specifics? Go ask any member of any working band what the plans/situation is for the next album and they can at least give you some facts. "Well, we laid down 8 tracks already and the entire band is going to head to the studio next month to come up with 10-12 more. Then we'll work them out, pick the best 15, and hope for a summer 2013 release."
With GnR, we have no idea when the album could be potentially released. We have no idea if it will be new songs created by this band, the rest of the CD songs (how many actually exist?), or a combination of them both.

Probably because they haven't been sitting down as a whole band yet, as mentioned in the interviews. They can't go out with a tentative release date when they really don't know.

I have a feeling DJ at least will be out there giving all the info we crave as soon as things are starting to get finalized. We'll know which month it'll get released before it's officially announced.

As for how many CD songs remaining, Tommy was specific last year and said 22.

Posted Image

jimb0

jimb0

GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts
  • 04-April 05

With GnR, we have no idea when the album could be potentially released. We have no idea if it will be new songs created by this band, the rest of the etg songs (how many actually exist?), or a combination of them both.

That's what I hate about this band. To get any type of work done everyone has to get paid. Rehearse, Play Shows. Except for maybe DJ who willingly wrote 12 songs presumably pro bono. I guess that's the drawback of Axl wanting total control. It's not hey wanna join my band like the early days, it's okay we have to have you sign a contract.

fuck     been at work all day , could some one please Piss on Me ???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users