DJ Ashba vs. Bumblefoot vs. Buckethead vs. Finck

ChristmasFnatic

A. Bumblefoot

B. Buckethead

C. Finck

D. Finck

E. Finck

So you think BBF is a better guitar player than Bucket? Thats the first one I read here in this forums. A lot of Bucket supporters/nutlickers here.

Technically, yes, but Buckethead is very close in ability and writes more enjoyable music.

A. Bumblefoot

B. Buckethead

C. Finck

D. Finck

E. Finck

So you think BBF is a better guitar player than Bucket? Thats the first one I read here in this forums. A lot of Bucket supporters/nutlickers here.

Technically, yes, but Buckethead is very close in ability and writes more enjoyable music.

Gotcha.

Though I dont see how any of the 3 can beat Bucket, he got what? A three feet advantage? Speaking of fights, NO SPOILERS on Hell in a Cell, I wont watch it til tonight(its lunch time here so its not as epic)!!!

I would put Buckethead over Bumblefoot because he is more accessible. Bumblefoot is awesome on the fretless not many can play like him but it is not everyone's cup of tea.

As for Finck and Ashba I love Finck's experimental bending, he tries new things which is what made him perfect for NIN and why Axl wanted him because he thinks outside the box. He either sounds amazing or terrible. Ashba is great but he doesn't really experiment. I prefer Fortus as a guitarist.

• Like 1

No, his records arent meant to sell well. Maybe he sold reasonably well, dunno. He's an experimental guy, not mainstream. And he's got everything covered, from flamenco to rock to whatever comes to mind. And no, he doesnt write mainstream rock tracks as far as Im concerned. I'm gonna create a Bucket thread in a few minutes and it'll help you discover more of his brilliant work.

No, his records arent meant to sell well. Maybe he sold reasonably well, dunno. He's an experimental guy, not mainstream. And he's got everything covered, from flamenco to rock to whatever comes to mind. And no, he doesnt write mainstream rock tracks as far as Im concerned. I'm gonna create a Bucket thread in a few minutes and it'll help you discover more of his brilliant work.

Thanks!

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I have no idea, as I've never heard any of Finch's or Ashba's solo stuff. I've heard maybe three or four songs by Bumblefoot and like fifteen of Buckethead's and all of them sucked.

As for performing live, I'd say Ashba is better than all of them. I really couldn't list who of the other three was worse than the next, they're all really lousy live. Ashba sucks too, but he is the least shitty of the four.

Definitely Bucket and Finck. Ashba and Bumblefoot are like the guys coming off the bench: they can help hold down the fort live, but you won't win a championship with them in your starting studio lineup.

Edited by Randy Lahey