Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Big B appreciation thread

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Bruno P.

Bruno P.

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts
  • 10-October 07
Some of you probably don't know most of his work, but I'll post a few of his best songs imo.

He's one of the most prolific guitar players of our era. Here are a few great musicians mentioning him...

I tried out that Buckethead guy. I met with him and asked him to work with me but only if he got rid of the fucking bucket. So I came back a bit later and he's wearing this green fucking Martian's-hat thing. I said, 'Look, just be yourself!' He told me his name was Brian, so I said that's what I'd call him. He says, 'No one calls me Brian except my mother.' So I said, 'Pretend I'm your mum then!' I haven't even got out of the room and I'm already playing fucking mind games with the guy. What happens if one day he's gone and there's a note saying, 'I've been beamed up?' [Laughs] Don't get me wrong, he's a great player. He plays like a motherfucker!

He's brilliant; I love him. But then you see some guy like BucketheadBuckethead is probably twice as good a guitar player as me and Slash combined, and can stand having fried chicken rubbed up against his face all night for a couple of hours.

A few songs...

Soothsayer

Watching the boats with my dad (FF to 5 min in)

Edited by Bruno Poeys, 29 October 2012 - 02:50 AM.

y4oz.jpg

mcmurray

mcmurray

Senior

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • 04-June 07

I have been following bucketheads thing closely since he came on the scene about 10 years ago now. he is an interesting player that has found a way of dealing with the instrument techinically that is really extraordinary. he also seems pretty fearless as an improvisor in the best sense of the word. i always try to stay up on what he is doing and i always enjoy hearing him. i think i heard that he is going to join guns and roses or something like that? i may skip that one...axl's vibrato doesn't really do it for me... but i am sure that buckethead will bring something hip to the table.
...Just in general. One of my favorites.

Edited by mcmurray, 03 November 2012 - 11:06 PM.

ďThatís fucking it! Theyíve gone too far now. Iím joining the fucking army. They are not going to hit KFC, no fucking way! I canít record anymoreóIím joining the army! Now we really are at war!Ē - Buckethead

LuanVictor

LuanVictor

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • 18-June 11
Best Soothsayer version:

KOHD Solo:

Edited by LuanVictorxD, 11 November 2012 - 05:39 PM.

"Complaints, complaints and complaints" - Beta Lebeis
6gvn.png

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

SPACE TRAVELLER

• Supporters
  • 6,661 posts
  • 28-April 11
Buckethead is, IMO, the most talented guitar player ever to be in GnR. I'm a huge fan of his solo work, especially his latest work with Buckethead Pikes.

Sig2_zpsf82904fb.png

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• Supporters
  • 12,942 posts
  • 28-January 11

Best Soothsayer version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Fvcxrohtk

Amazing performance. Buckethead is the best nuGn'R guitarist, period.

qlq4.jpg

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

SPACE TRAVELLER

• Supporters
  • 6,661 posts
  • 28-April 11
Buckethead is in a league of his own. I'd kill for a Buckethead concert here in Rio. Too bad that's not gonna happen.

Sig2_zpsf82904fb.png

Dark Knight

Dark Knight

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • 12-August 12

Best Soothsayer version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Fvcxrohtk

Amazing performance. Buckethead is the best nuGn'R guitarist, period.

Fixed best GNR guitarist
Formerly known as Son of a gun

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• Supporters
  • 12,942 posts
  • 28-January 11
No, in the time he was in the band he did not write anything close to AFD or UYI songs.

qlq4.jpg

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

SPACE TRAVELLER

• Supporters
  • 6,661 posts
  • 28-April 11

No, in the time he was in the band he did not write anything close to AFD or UYI songs.

While IN GnR, his productivity wasn't all that, especially comparing to his solo career, I agree. But IMO, as a solo artist, I think Buckethead might be in Slash's league. Wait! Take a deep breath, it's just my opinion :lol:

Sig2_zpsf82904fb.png

LuanVictor

LuanVictor

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • 18-June 11

Buckethead is, IMO, the most talented guitar player ever to be in GnR.

"Complaints, complaints and complaints" - Beta Lebeis
6gvn.png

classicrawker

classicrawker

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 6,802 posts
  • 06-February 10
Very talented guitar player no doubt but there are plenty of talented guitar players most music fans have ever heard of and if it wasn't for his Buckethead gimmick, which is brilliant by the way, he would be just another faceless (no pun intended) cult guitar player....IMHO of course
IT IS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SLASH FAN!

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• Supporters
  • 12,942 posts
  • 28-January 11

While IN GnR, his productivity wasn't all that, especially comparing to his solo career, I agree. But IMO, as a solo artist, I think Buckethead might be in Slash's league. Wait! Take a deep breath, it's just my opinion :lol:

Hahaha, I agree bro. Buckethead solo stuff is amazing.

qlq4.jpg

Dark Knight

Dark Knight

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • 12-August 12

Still doesn`t change fact that he`s the best guitarist who`s ever been in the band it`s a shame Axl did n`t allow him to fully show his potential love Slash but Bucket is just better then him in every way possible

classicrawker

classicrawker

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 6,802 posts
  • 06-February 10

Still doesn`t change fact that he`s the best guitarist who`s ever been in the band it`s a shame Axl did n`t allow him to fully show his potential love Slash but Bucket is just better then him in every way possible

possibly the most technically gifted but Bumble fans have a strong argument for him I think........
IT IS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SLASH FAN!

Dark Knight

Dark Knight

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • 12-August 12

possibly the most technically gifted but Bumble fans have a strong argument for him I think........

Bumble`s solo music is just wank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users