Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Big B appreciation thread

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

classicrawker

classicrawker

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 6,806 posts
  • 06-February 10

No, in the time he was in the band he did not write anything close to AFD or UYI songs.

Still doesn`t change fact that he`s the best guitarist who`s ever been in the band it`s a shame Axl did n`t allow him to fully show his potential love Slash but Bucket is just better then him in every way possible

possibly the most technically gifted but Bumble fans have a strong argument for him I think........

Bumble`s solo music is just wank

I am not a fan of either of their solo stuff but you can't deny Bumble is very technically talented and may be an equal to Bucket
IT IS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SLASH FAN!

Dark Knight

Dark Knight

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • 12-August 12

No, in the time he was in the band he did not write anything close to AFD or UYI songs.

Still doesn`t change fact that he`s the best guitarist who`s ever been in the band it`s a shame Axl did n`t allow him to fully show his potential love Slash but Bucket is just better then him in every way possible

possibly the most technically gifted but Bumble fans have a strong argument for him I think........

I am not a fan of either of their solo stuff but you can't deny Bumble is very technically talented and may be an equal to Bucket

I`m not denying his technical abilities just don`t liek his music that`s it
Formerly known as Son of a gun

classicrawker

classicrawker

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 6,806 posts
  • 06-February 10

I`m not denying his technical abilities just don`t liek his music that`s it

You and me both...........

Bruno P.

Bruno P.

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts
  • 10-October 07
Their music isnt meant for everyone, I know. But I'm sure you would like some of their songs if you did not know who was playing...lol (And Im positive that you havent listened enough of their work tbh since their music is not shred or wank)

y4oz.jpg

classicrawker

classicrawker

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 6,806 posts
  • 06-February 10

Their music isnt meant for everyone, I know. But I'm sure you would like some of their songs if you did not know who was playing...lol (And Im positive that you havent listened enough of their work tbh since their music is not shred or wank)

Actually I have listened to alot of their music to shut Broski up and I find Bumbles forgettable...I like some of Buckets stuff, soothsayer is excellent, but you have to wade through so much stuff that sounds like demos to get to the good stuff it is not worth it to me...both are very talented but their solo stuff does nothing for me...

And if you actually read my posts you would know I am not a fan of shred, quite the opposite....

Bruno P.

Bruno P.

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts
  • 10-October 07
Yes, and their music is not shred. You probably did not listen to their best work. And i cant tell you which would be the best for you but they all sound different.

y4oz.jpg

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

SPACE TRAVELLER

• Supporters
  • 6,661 posts
  • 28-April 11
classiccrawker, listen to the following albums, really:

- Population Override
- Racks
- The Shores of Molokai
- 3 Foot Clearance

And tell me you don't like it.

And yes, Bumblefoot's stuff is much more forgetable than Buckethead.

Sig2_zpsf82904fb.png

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

SPACE TRAVELLER

• Supporters
  • 6,661 posts
  • 28-April 11

Love these songs. God, I need to go to a Buckethead concert at least once once.

Sig2_zpsf82904fb.png

Dazey

Dazey

Redcoat Bastard!

• Supporters
  • 15,608 posts
  • 25-November 02

I like some of Buckets stuff, soothsayer is excellent, but you have to wade through so much stuff that sounds like demos to get to the good stuff it is not worth it to me.

I get your point there and the experimental nature of much of Bucket's stuff does make it hard going at times but there are a lot of his albums that are really worth digging around for. I'll have a look at some of my albums and try and dig up suggestions to save you wading through a lot of the more out there material if you want? :)

HV's Current Shit-list: Black Sabbath, Broskirose, Skype Crew (except Graeme), Miser, wfse and Dazey. Especially Dazey...

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

SPACE TRAVELLER

• Supporters
  • 6,661 posts
  • 28-April 11
I'm just gonna put this here....

Sig2_zpsf82904fb.png

classicrawker

classicrawker

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 6,806 posts
  • 06-February 10

I like some of Buckets stuff, soothsayer is excellent, but you have to wade through so much stuff that sounds like demos to get to the good stuff it is not worth it to me.

I get your point there and the experimental nature of much of Bucket's stuff does make it hard going at times but there are a lot of his albums that are really worth digging around for. I'll have a look at some of my albums and try and dig up suggestions to save you wading through a lot of the more out there material if you want? :)

Thanks Dazey and Cosmo..suggestions are appreciated as I listened to a lot of Buckets stuff on youtube but maybe I was missing a lot of the good stuff....I actually liked some of the stuff he did a lot so can get into him but I also thought there was a lot of filler on his albums.

But I listened to just about everything there was on youtube for Bumble and his music was very generic to me...not terrible but not somethign I would want to listen to again.......

inB4 Broski/wfse goes into one of his predictable Bumble rants...........

wfse

wfse

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • 19-October 12
LOL. How did I know CR would mention my name/Bumble's in a thread where neither have relevance?

powerwave

powerwave

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • 01-October 12
I found Bucket in a Snoop Dogg video!

Go to 2:50.

Cool beans!

Dazey

Dazey

Redcoat Bastard!

• Supporters
  • 15,608 posts
  • 25-November 02

How did I know CR would mention my name/Bumble's in a thread where neither have relevance?

Bit like you in general then? :lol:

HV's Current Shit-list: Black Sabbath, Broskirose, Skype Crew (except Graeme), Miser, wfse and Dazey. Especially Dazey...

wfse

wfse

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • 19-October 12

How did I know CR would mention my name/Bumble's in a thread where neither have relevance?

Bit like you in general then? :lol:

?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users