Billy Idol vs. Bon Jovi

bacardimayne

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bon Jovi hits are like a guilty pleasure to me...

That's how I feel about Billy Idol. As much as I hate most 80s music, I have a soft spot for White Wedding, Rebel Yell and Mony Mony. Livin' on a Prayer and Wanted Dead or Alive just don't do it for me.

Edited by bacardimayne

Guest Len B'stard

Billy Idol all fuckin' day baby, Stevenage represent! :lol: I can't believe that, mr rock n roll, mr leathers and lip curl, Mr I WANT MY MTV...and he's from Stevenage :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

Nah, i ain't havin' that man, Bill was a lad. As far as the whole punk thing, Bill never waivered, he always said he was into rock n roll and all he was ever about was rock n roll and he's stuck to it, can't fault a bloke like that, Bill never claimed any high fallutin punk ideals, he openly admitted even with Generation X that he was trying to like, take this thing, this punk thing, overboard, mainstream, fair play to him.

I mean for a bloke comin' out of punk to have his third single with have the following verse:

"i was in love with The Beatles, i was in love with The Stones, a little satisfaction, i was in love with Bobby Dylan cuz i'm in love with rock n roll" and this is like, 1978, the height of punk, thats really sticking your head above the trench.

And he pushed the boundaries too (sort of :lol:), he had ballads in there, love songs, rockers...christ, he even did a reggae inflected dub version of the song Wild Youth.

Bon Jovi hits are like a guilty pleasure to me...

That's how I feel about Billy Idol. As much as I hate most 80s music, I have a soft spot for White Wedding, Rebel Yell and Mony Mony. Livin' on a Prayer and Wanted Dead or Alive just don't do it for me.

Idol is my guilty pleasure as well! Love him!

Rebel Yell is an awesome song! I really have nothing with Bon Jovi's music, don't know why. I absolutaly hate their ballads, shoppingmall music. But I so like Billy. Already did 25 years ago.