New music opinion

PITBOSS

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Axl had a vision for multiple albums from the CD sessions, and I want to hear the rest of it. I'd like to hear stuff from the current lineup too, but I have a sneaking suspicion I'm going to like the Bucket stuff the most (if we ever get to hear it).

what would be better, unreleased older stuff like the general or brand new stuff created fully by this band? opinion?

How could we possibly know without having heard either?

Which steak tastes better? The first one you didn't taste or the second one you didn't taste?

just an opinion of which way would prefer the band go with the next album. even though you haven't tasted either of those steaks which one would you order?

what would be better, unreleased older stuff like the general or brand new stuff created fully by this band? opinion?

How could we possibly know without having heard either?

Which steak tastes better? The first one you didn't taste or the second one you didn't taste?

just an opinion of which way would prefer the band go with the next album. even though you haven't tasted either of those steaks which one would you order?

Well I'm pretty hungry man so I guess I'd want the stuff that's already done rather than waiting even longer for new stuff to be cooked from scratch.

i kinda lean that way too, if it wasn't for the fact i'd like to see them playing the tunes they created together. so i guess i'll say a little bit of both.

Would take either- but am beginning to think that the CD years were very "defensive" un-Axl type years where he wasn't very sure of himself, etc. I think CD already captures all that very well IMHO.

Moving forward- if given a choice- I think I'd rather hear from him (and the line-up he's toured with the last 3 years) now- as opposed to hear what he was thinking in 2002 with a line-up that's long gone and a state of mind that is no longer relevant, etc...

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

An 8 song EP for Christmas. They did it with Lies, do it again! Checkmate, General, Soulmonster, Thyme, etc.

Take a few months off to vacation. Then meet back in the studio and write and record an album as a band.

Everybody wins.

I feel there are many industry factors you aren't taking into consideration. Everybody doesn't win in that situation. For hardcore GNR fans eager for new material, yes we win if the band releases an EP of previously unreleased studio recordings for Christmas this year. However, the band doesn't necessarily win in that scenario. The label doesn't necessarily win in that scenario.

The anticipation and media & retail cooperation for the next full length would be greatly compromised by the release of an EP. The best strategy for a legacy artist in GNR's position would be to make sure that the next new song the public hears is the lead single for the next full length album. It would also be in the best interest of a legacy artist in GNR's position to allow plenty of time between releases to maximize the chances of the media treating the arrival of a new release as extremely newsworthy.

You are a fan. You want to hear new music from one of your favorite bands. Very understandable. However, when you say that "everybody wins" if an EP is rushed to market, you are ignoring the potential harm to the commercial viability of the next proper album.

Agreed. But the selfish fan in me still likes Groghan's idea!

I'd like to see GNR put out 3 CDs within 2 years and do a small handful of tours in between. They have that much music to put out, but better to dole it out the way he originally wanted ChiDem to go and not Illusions-style.

A fanclub EP randomly signed by the band would be pretty cool. They could put that out themselves and could go towards future sessions and help spur interest in the official site. Axl has to pay for that shit, might as well throw them a bone.

I do think the next new GNR song we hear will be for a soundtrack.