Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PITBOSS

New music opinion

94 votes

1. 1. would you rather have

• older unreleased stuff
    • brand new fresh out of the oven
    • a bit of both

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

40 posts in this topic

First page there was talk of steaks, now there's all this talk of Chinese leftovers. I'm getting hungry.

I'm not all that excited about old stuff compared to new stuff. It will just be more stuff written by members who are no longer in the band.

I just wonder what Axl does all day when he's not touring. He had loads of time in between last tour up until the Vegas Shows.

First page there was talk of steaks, now there's all this talk of Chinese leftovers. I'm getting hungry.

that's right we are hungry we've got a appetite. feed us.

I would love it if the band released an EP of brand new material.

Chinese turns five next year, maybe the band can release some studio outtakes to commemorate the anniversary.

Axl is and has always been the primary songwriter in Guns N' Roses. GNR is Axl Rose and whoever is playing with him. Why should he scrap songs he worked on for years simply because the touring lineup consists of a couple newer guys who weren't around for all of the studio sessions?

And as a fan, why wouldn't your primary interest be hearing the best songs possible?

And for guys like Dizzy, Tommy, Pitman and Richard, why should years of their hard work be thrown away simply because the lineup has evolved over time?

And for a guy like Buckethead, if Axl feels the two of them created some magic together, why should that be thrown away simply because Bucket isn't interested in touring?

Older. The Bucket/Brain/Finck line-up was a superior band than the Ashba/Frank/Bumble set-up.

what would be better, unreleased older stuff like the general or brand new stuff created fully by this band? opinion?

both of them

Beggers can't be choosers, but I'd really prefer to hear the Bucket/Robin material first. All of it. Then, give this current line up a chance to show what they can do in the studio together.

Edited by Rovim

I think a Deluxe edition of CD with the rest of that stuff if it was finished to the same degree as CD. Then a new album.

But a bit of both sounds good.

Nice idea!

Axl should release the old stuff without any additions from new players in a box set and be done with it. And then he sholud create an album with his current band from scretch. The worst thing he could do is to let Bumble and DJ brutalise industrial songs with their sleazy additions - that is bound to sound like crap

Easy the stuff from the Original or Slash/Duff created with Axl before parting ways would be easily better. I mean come on they made the greatest rock music ever; so to have more of that would just be better.

Strategically, Axl should and I personally think will choose to record a fresher, hit targeting album with DJ and co.

That said, I would love Axl to appease the fans of CD with a deluxe re-release of the album that includes all volumes of CD, I to III.