Vegas Setlist(s) General Discussion Thread

Stro

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only thing I can see changing is going back to jungle as opener.

that will cement their status as a nostalgia cover act forever.

if we get TWAT or catcher,just one of them,I'll be interested again.

how hard can it fucking be?

just add one song and the game is interesting again.

trying to keep expectations low for tonight though.

Am I the only one who finds it sad that GNR playing songs they "haven't played in a while" is exciting? Even if it's been ten or twenty years since they've played the song... so what? It still ain't new music.

I guess we've all just lowered our expectations a little bit. Bring on Oh My God! :rolleyes:

Am I the only one who finds it sad that GNR playing songs they "haven't played in a while" is exciting? Even if it's been ten or twenty years since they've played the song... so what? It still ain't new music.

I guess we've all just lowered our expectations a little bit. Bring on Oh My God! :rolleyes:

Depends on what their definition of something we haven't heard in a while is. If the big surprise is Catcher or TWAT, fuck off. If it's If the World or Prostitute, slightly more acceptable but still fuck off. If it's Oh My God, cool. If it's Locomotive, fuck yeah.

Depends on what their definition of something we haven't heard in a while is. If the big surprise is Catcher or TWAT, fuck off. If it's If the World or Prostitute, slightly more acceptable but still fuck off. If it's Oh My God, cool. If it's Locomotive, fuck yeah.

That's how I look at it, really. I mean obviously I would want them to play a new song before any of those, but I personally feel that won't ever happen, so yeah, I've lowered my expectations.

In reference to new songs/playing old material discussion, I can't see the point of getting excited about hearing them play an old song that hasn't been played live for a long time. You can just put the CD (I mean compact disc, not ChiDem) on and play it, there's nothing particularly exciting about that. It's great that theyre playing live again, kind of keeps the profile up and the name in the media, but the ONLY thing to get excited about IMO would be brand new songs and I pretty much doubt a Las Vegas 'looking back at the past' gig is going to be the place to unveil new material. The audience isn't there for that (except forum members who are attending).

In reference to new songs/playing old material discussion, I can't see the point of getting excited about hearing them play an old song that hasn't been played live for a long time. You can just put the CD (I mean compact disc, not ChiDem) on and play it, there's nothing particularly exciting about that. It's great that theyre playing live again, kind of keeps the profile up and the name in the media, but the ONLY thing to get excited about IMO would be brand new songs and I pretty much doubt a Las Vegas 'looking back at the past' gig is going to be the place to unveil new material. The audience isn't there for that (except forum members who are attending).

I disagree. If you're one of those people that never got a chance to witness an old song in a live setting, and you're following the band for years, it's a pretty big deal, and is very exciting.

I never got a chance to see them perform Estranged and Civil War before, so it was awesome when I finally did this year.

I disagree. If you're one of those people that never got a chance to witness an old song in a live setting, and you're following the band for years, it's a pretty big deal, and is very exciting.

I never got a chance to see them perform Estranged and Civil War before, so it was awesome when I finally did this year.

Agreed. Also, it's a totally different band (and Axl, in a sense), so it's a new live-feel for the songs.

This.

Agreed. Also, it's a totally different band (and Axl, in a sense), so it's a new live-feel for the songs.

Well, if it's a totally different band, then why aren't they playing a set of totally different songs?

Am I the only one who doesn't expect jack shit but am still pumped?

i'm semi excited, but i'm just sitting here @ my computer, you got tix don't you? of course you're pumped lol.

yeah, week from tonight. I guess that is why, and I guess that is why some are sour cause they dont. good point.

i'm semi excited, but i'm just sitting here @ my computer, you got tix don't you? of course you're pumped lol.

yeah, week from tonight. I guess that is why, and I guess that is why some are sour cause they dont. good point.

lucky bastard, not sour but a lil bit jealous. hope you have a great time.

I really think there would be less pessimism if people just went to the shows.

THIS. I've seen them once. I knew the setlist before I went. There were no surprises. Still one the best shows I have ever seen.

Part of the problem might be that we think we are at the show. Like if they play such and such a track we will see it on youtube. and that's why they don't play anything new cos the scrutiny is so intense. it's a vicious cycle.

you gonna do the updates next week and photos?

I think it's time Richard does a new solo - he's been doing the James Bond theme since what, 2009 now?

I think he stopped doing for a while. So this is a surprise. Also they seem to have dropped Sorry.

Edited by wasted