Vegas Setlist(s) General Discussion Thread

Stro

Am I the only one who doesn't expect jack shit but am still pumped?

i'm semi excited, but i'm just sitting here @ my computer, you got tix don't you? of course you're pumped lol.

yeah, week from tonight. I guess that is why, and I guess that is why some are sour cause they dont. good point.

lucky bastard, not sour but a lil bit jealous. hope you have a great time.

I really think there would be less pessimism if people just went to the shows.

you gonna do the updates next week and photos?

will do. I do'nt have facebook, so I don't know how I will get it to here. If someone gives me their contact info, I will do it and be quick about it. I actually did it in 2006, before the good phones. it was a bitch. When Lars came out I typed bars on brums instead of Lars. Nobody knew wtf I was texting about. I have an iphone, so if I get help, would love to.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be pathetic if they don't play anything different from the last tour.

False. The last tour was incredible. This is the first night of a 12-night run. Opening night? Do what works and get comfortable in the new digs.

Sure, the last tour was awesome, but Bumblefoot, Dizzy and Ashba, already said they will play some songs not included in others tour, I'm hoping for at least one different song tonight.

I wish they would do something drastic to that damn setlist. Another Chinese song gone: Sorry. Not that that song was anything special live but still. Also, the same old solos is getting a bit tired.

I doubt they're gonna change this setlist up anything drastic throughout the Vegas run. I'd love to be wrong.

I wish they would do something drastic to that damn setlist. Another Chinese song gone: Sorry. Not that that song was anything special live but still. Also, the same old solos is getting a bit tired.

I doubt they're gonna change this setlist up anything drastic throughout the Vegas run. I'd love to be wrong.

I agree. Looks like it is just gonna be GNR playing their tried and true hits. I have to be honest, as long as I get Estranged, and 2 plus hours I am okay. But new song would have been nice.

There are songs that sound great on the album. Catcher, TWAT, etc...they have tried lived and don't work as well as others. The ones they do live may not be the best songs on the album, but they are the best songs live. The only one i miss that i think worked live is IRS. Its unfortunate, but thats just the way it is.

There are songs that sound great on the album. Catcher, TWAT, etc...they have tried lived and don't work as well as others. The ones they do live may not be the best songs on the album, but they are the best songs live. The only one i miss that i think worked live is IRS. Its unfortunate, but thats just the way it is.

would have liked to see scraped though.

i actually like 'twat' live, though it sounded best performed in 2006 as a more rock n' roll based tune. also, 'catcher' has been solid live. i forgot about those two.

i totally agree about 'i.r.s.' though. so good live. universal ampitheatre 2006 version of that song is still one of my favourite nugnr performances.

IRS lighting/effects and song ROCKED in Oakland Ca. Loved it I agree.

Edited by Ruxin

was definitely hoping for some first night surprises...

Why?

cause he did it when he started playing Estranged, and Civil War, etc. Dont be glib.

Looks like 2 1/2 hours. man say what you want, but if you are there, you get your moneys worth.

Why?

Because a lot of us were I guess?

I'm just surprised that after the past few years, people still get their hopes up.

Why?

I'm just surprised that after the past few years, people still get their hopes up.

Oh, we are fans, we MUST get our hopes up, but since we are GN'R fans, we still don't EXPECT anything. It is a subtle, but important, difference.

Why?

Another way of looking at it is that this is the first show. Perhaps it's about getting comfortable again and then pushing forward with different stuff as they get deerper into the residency. The band seems to understand that there are many people coming for more than one show and there's been comments made that they will attempt to change things up. Other than the Young cover, not so much of that tonight. Here's hoping that changes going forward.

Why?

Because this isn't just another tour, this was kind of touted as something...different. A residency in honor of the band's legacy, honoring both the old and new. And so far it's just kind of the same setlist as the past few years.

Again, not bitching about it. I'm not going to see them anyway (would that I could...), but I do feel like, given their constant talk lately about having worked on new material etc., it'd be cool to have something fresh. Remember that Axl made his comeback 11 years ago in Vegas and played new material for the first time there. I guess part of me expected something that I shouldn't have. Not complaining, just a tad disappointed.

Still a solid gig, from the looks of things. Curious to see some videos surface later, and reactions from fans.