What former NewGNR lineup would you pay to see reunite?

Freddie Mercury's Ghost

What former NewGNR lineup would you pay to see reunite?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The classic lineup and the 2002 lineup were the best. Current lineup is my least favourite much because of Frank's drumming (he's ok but he doesn't hold a candle to Steven Adler or Brain), Ron's guitar sound and choice of notes (he's got amazing skills but he's playing too many notes and uses too much compression, he's got no mojo) and DJ's uninspired generic playing that to me sounds like a cheap Slash copy without the substance of Slash. Robin was very hit and miss live but at least he came up with something original both in music and style instead of so shamelessly copying Slash. Also liked him better as a person, he was just more artist and human being not product and salesman like DJ. Loved his acid blues jams. Of the current lineup I only truly enjoy Axl, Richard and Tommy. What I miss the most is Slash's tone and Buckethead's choice of notes. Though Buckethead doesn't need Guns and vice versa, Slash to me never sounds complete without Axl's vocals.

Guest RonMexico82

The classic lineup and the 2002 lineup were the best. Current lineup is my least favourite much because of Frank's drumming (he's ok but he doesn't hold a candle to Steven Adler or Brain), Ron's guitar sound and choice of notes (he's got amazing skills but he's playing too many notes and uses too much compression, he's got no mojo) and DJ's uninspired generic playing that to me sounds like a cheap Slash copy without the substance of Slash. Robin was very hit and miss live but at least he came up with something original both in music and style instead of so shamelessly copying Slash. Also liked him better as a person, he was just more artist and human being not product and salesman like DJ. Loved his acid blues jams. Of the current lineup I only truly enjoy Axl, Richard and Tommy. What I miss the most is Slash's tone and Buckethead's choice of notes. Though Buckethead doesn't need Guns and vice versa, Slash to me never sounds complete without Axl's vocals.

You read my mind. Exactly this.

I would rather see the new lineup..perlas comments are ridiculous

Whoever chooses to see nugnr over an old gnr reunion is out of his mind.

Forget the old band they aren't that good..Slash is beyond overrated

Why do you care what Perla thinks?

Slash is overrated by who? Please explain to us why you think that the majority of rock fans, musicians and industry people are wrong about Slash.

By saying that Slash is overrated you are also implying that the classic songs are overrated. So you only follow the current incarnation if Axl's vision of GnR because of CD?????

I'd say the '02 band, but I'd like to see and hear Bucket on the CD material before I decided on him or Ron. I really like both and it'd be hard to choose between the two. In a perfect would, I'd want the '06 band with a '12 Ron. I think he has come so far since then and has transformed into an amazing guy and player. So basically the '12 band with Robin instead of DJ. That was confusing. Fuck the old band...

I'd say the '02 band, but I'd like to see and hear Bucket on the CD material before I decided on him or Ron. I really like both and it'd be hard to choose between the two. In a perfect would, I'd want the '06 band with a '12 Ron. I think he has come so far since then and has transformed into an amazing guy and player. So basically the '12 band with Robin instead of DJ. That was confusing. Fuck the old band...

When you say "fuck the old band" do you also mean you don't want to see robin, bbf, tommy and Richard cover the old guitar player's music as well?

You might not know this, but the old band actually wrote the majority of the music (not lyrics) that your dream version is making a living off of playing today.

I wouldn't pay to reunite anyone, it would only be interesting if they wanted it themselves and if they do want it themselves it will happen without my contribution.

I might have paid to prevent specific reunions taking place, though....

I think he meant pay as in pay for a ticket to go and see... Not as in pay for the reunion itself.

2006 (Axl/Bumblefoot/Fortus/Brain/Robin/Tommy/Dizzy/Pitman)

1991 (Axl/Slash/Izzy/Matt/Duff/Dizzy) - was a hard one, but I simply don't like Adler and he can basically only play appetite imo

OldGNR

Edited by Jeez

Out of every musician that has played and been a part of GNR, I would love to see Izzy join Axl again. I think those two were the ones who got along the best and both could write some awesome songs together. I think since Axl's hyper and Izzy is laid back, they compliment each other. I think Izzy would be honest with Axl and not put him down.

BTW, a friend of my son's is now working with Izzy again on a new album. They are in LA now working on recording it, so maybe Izzy might just come by the Hard Rock and play a few songs with Axl.

Could be because I doubt that there will ever be a chance of the original members ever joining up again.

I think we should celebrate the fact that at least there was a time when those 5 amazing musicians were together as GNR. At least it happened once. They will always be a HUGE part of rock and roll history. For that all us GNR fans should be grateful.

I would rather see the new lineup..perlas comments are ridiculous

Whoever chooses to see nugnr over an old gnr reunion is out of his mind.

Forget the old band they aren't that good..Slash is beyond overrated

Why do you care what Perla thinks?

Slash is overrated by who? Please explain to us why you think that the majority of rock fans, musicians and industry people are wrong about Slash.

By saying that Slash is overrated you are also implying that the classic songs are overrated. So you only follow the current incarnation if Axl's vision of GnR because of CD?????

Easily. CD blows away EVERYTHING Slash has done and every single person in here would agree. Slash has done nice stuff but...Axl's just incredible. I just think Slash should have done the right thing and stayed in the band and not signed over the rights to the name. Just dumb on his part..