Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Long sideburns: Do you like them?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Lithium

Lithium

Do you even Lith?

• Supporters
  • 21,165 posts
  • 09-October 05

Well there you go man, road to recovery, step one, start working the fuck out. And it's good that you understand the nature of all the issues that you have because thats most of the job in terms of finding a solution to em :)

Well in your experience, if I lose the weight and get back to my original weight, do you think the bloatedness in the cheeks/face and the double chin issue would go away?

If you lose body-fat, you lose body-fat all over. That includes face, cheeks, chin, gut, legs, feet - everything.

Posted Image

Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,662 posts
  • 30-March 06
Basically think Rockabilly meets '90s Rocker meets 2013 fashion meets 18th Century handsome Frenchman.
-Member formerly known as Mr. Miser/Honky Chateau/Memnoch the Devil/Indigo Child/Clark Gable/Virgil Caine-
GUNS N' ROSES = AXL, SLASH, IZZY, DUFF, STEVEN

sugaraylen

sugaraylen

I am a Gunner!

• Supporters
  • 25,423 posts
  • 14-February 10
i don't know whether you're taking the piss or not, i get the feeling that you are because, honestly mate, long hair? Ponytail? Noooooooooooooooo, no no no no no no no no, honestly, you will look like a fuckin' sex offender :lol: The rocker look doesn't...work when it's contrived like that, people that dress like that and do it well is because it's a lifestyle that they are a part of, it's like their identity, no one wears a Marines uniform like a Marine, y'know what i mean? :)

You don't need to go for the *insert look here* look, you don't need to go for the "something" look, you already are something, build on and create from that as opposed to like, treating yourself like...y'know, it's like my showing up tommorow with dreads and a red gold and green hat and a beard and goin' "yes mon, bare rudebwoys inna de place yuh know, seen?" and saying "i'm going for the rasta look!", i'll look alright, i'll look like a fuckin' pranny :lol:

Not telling you what to do or nothing, dress like you like i just think that...there's something slightly odd and try hard about someone who, if i saw him one day he had slacks and polo shirts on and the 3 months later i saw him and he was walking around dressed like Axl Rose.

I suppose it all boils down to whether you want to be your idea of cool or you just wanna look good. Cuz your idea of cool could be anything y'know and if it satisfies you personally then i don't suppose anyone elses thinking on the matter should matter to you but if you wanna look good in what is more a universally accepted perspective then...i dunno, perhaps its a good idea to not dress up in what is one of the most easily identifiable and, in the 21st Century, most corny looks going.

EDIT: Little Miser looks so sweet and cute, i wish i coulda talked to him as a little kid, like "listen, rock bands are a load of fuckin' bollocks, come watch the football with me! See them? Thats Arsenal, they're the greatest football team in the whole wide world!" Chucked some boxing on for him, could've been the next Rocky Marciano...or, hey, even Paulie Malliniaggi woulda done :lol: Bless his little cherub face!

Woulda been great to pull birds with as well "awwww, is that your little brotherrr?" Fuckin' woulda been well away!

Edited by sugaraylen, 17 December 2012 - 11:10 AM.

ARSENAL TIL I DIE

Fearless N***** get slapped in Manhattan

For rappin'

Big Ghost steps off laughin'

Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,662 posts
  • 30-March 06

i don't know whether you're taking the piss or not, i get the feeling that you are because, honestly mate, long hair? Ponytail? Noooooooooooooooo, no no no no no no no no, honestly, you will look like a fuckin' sex offender :lol: The rocker look doesn't...work when it's contrived like that, people that dress like that and do it well is because it's a lifestyle that they are a part of, it's like their identity, no one wears a Marines uniform like a Marine, y'know what i mean? :)

You don't need to go for the *insert look here* look, you don't need to go for the "something" look, you already are something, build on and create from that as opposed to like, treating yourself like...y'know, it's like my showing up tommorow with dreads and a red gold and green hat and a beard and goin' "yes mon, bare rudebwoys inna de place yuh know, seen?" and saying "i'm going for the rasta look!", i'll look alright, i'll look like a fuckin' pranny :lol:

Not telling you what to do or nothing, dress like you like i just think that...there's something slightly odd and try hard about someone who, if i saw him one day he had slacks and polo shirts on and the 3 months later i saw him and he was walking around dressed like Axl Rose.

I suppose it all boils down to whether you want to be your idea of cool or you just wanna look good. Cuz your idea of cool could be anything y'know and if it satisfies you personally then i don't suppose anyone elses thinking on the matter should matter to you but if you wanna look good in what is more a universally accepted perspective then...i dunno, perhaps its a good idea to not dress up in what is one of the most easily identifiable and, in the 21st Century, most corny looks going.

EDIT: Little Miser looks so sweet and cute, i wish i coulda talked to him as a little kid, like "listen, rock bands are a load of fuckin' bollocks, come watch the football with me! See them? Thats Arsenal, they're the greatest football team in the whole wide world!" Chucked some boxing on for him, could've been the next Rocky Marciano...or, hey, even Paulie Malliniaggi woulda done :lol: Bless his little cherub face!

Little Miser was sweet and cute and thoughtful and shit but abstract thought and TV and this and that were knocked outta him.
TV = Dad said it was the fuckin idiot box and turned it off whenever there was something cool on. Mom didn't want her son watchin anything risque so no Beavis and Butthead, but it was OK to see Dad drunk ripping phones outta walls, check.
Abstract thought = If I ever said "If..." as a kid my dad would shut me up with "There is no, if pigs had wings they'd fucking fly!"
Etc.

Little Miser had a lot going for him but he allowed the world to pass him by, got fat and ugly and mean inside.

As for the whole long hair/ponytail thing, it's not to look like a rocker, I was just using the rocker look as a descriptor. I've always wanted long hair but either a chick has gotten in the way of it or I've gotten impatient after like 5 months.

And the whole denim look...That was me as a kid and I've always loved denim.

Thing is, when I wanted to look like a prep, like an old man and shit and '30s character, it was only cause I wanted to be the farthest from my dad and his image and anything associated with him, that combined with intense indecisiveness and unsureness about what the fuck to do or be. My dad was basically a mix of John Travolta in Pulp Fiction, Bruce Willis in Die Hard, the drill Sargeant in Full Metal Jacket, few other characters. When I get a camera I'ma tape his outbursts when and post 'em here maybe. A Sea of Psychology at work then and now. A lot of repressed emotions. Trying to find some male role model to model myself on outside of my Dad cause I was like basically rejecting my whole upbringing and shit. Had a fixation with trying to find someone to look up to.

Wouldn't want to dress like Axl. Axl could only pull of his '90s looks because he was Axl Rose. I just mean Jeans/T-Shirt/Denim Jacket.

Lemme tell you more about Lil Miser. Used to get all the chicks. I had little Kindergarten girlfriends and shit, used to wink at the ladies behind the counter at delis, was happy and carefree and cool, just was an adorable kid who'd been judged to have an IQ of 130 or 135. I'd show you shit but I showed people personal shit before and got burned.

Edited by Vincent Vega, 17 December 2012 - 11:22 AM.

-Member formerly known as Mr. Miser/Honky Chateau/Memnoch the Devil/Indigo Child/Clark Gable/Virgil Caine-
GUNS N' ROSES = AXL, SLASH, IZZY, DUFF, STEVEN

sugaraylen

sugaraylen

I am a Gunner!

• Supporters
  • 25,423 posts
  • 14-February 10
See, the thing here is...if you understand your issues so well, then why not set about fixing em? And so what if your Dad called the TV the idiot box, so did mine, shit, you're lucky, in front of my Dad you never even got to watch TV, it was a case of 'fuck off upstairs, im watching it' but so what man? You need to be resentful about that shit, i'm glad my Dad was hard on me, i like the person its made me, God knows what i would've turned out like if i had some soft as shite fuckin' Dad, don't let these things play on you man, it don't reflect on you, it's just maybe he was that kind of a guy, no ones perfect y'know, things happen but the past is the past, you draw a line under it, y'know? Your lucky, my Dad didn't get drunk and rip phones out of the wall but wind him up and he would give you a fuckin' thump round the head and no fuckin' mistake and hey, rightly so i think, otherwise i probably would've been a bigger piss taker than i am now.

Your situation is not unique and i don't mean to say that and take any kind of gravity away from it but...it's happened now man, it's done, there's people that have it a lot worse, trust me.

You seem to hold it against your Mum too, that she didn't do anything about your Dad fuckin' phones over and all that but what the fuck would you have her do? What, get in the way and get her face busted? Is it bad that she was at LEAST trying to keep you from risque shit on telly, why do you have to take that as some kind of moral inequity, perhaps it's not, perhaps it's a good lady trying to do her best in a complex situation i mean, she's human too y'know. It's one thing to have these kinds of feelings as a kid when you don't know any better but you're a fuckin' grown up man.

And however bad and evil and horrible your parents are you need to look one cold hard reality in the face. They gave birth to you, didn't they? They raised you, didn't they? They put food on your plate, didn't they? And, with all due respect, you're still living with them, aren't you? Do you not see something a bit crooked about that? If they were that bad and evil, why are you still with em, you're a grown man now, you can go out and get a job and live on your own and all of that stuff. I'm not having a go i'm just trying to illustrate how like, OK, you slag off your parents, they're bad, evil and rotten and everything...but you don't mind being kept by these bad rotten people?

I mean, they're older now, they looked after you your whole life and now they got you to where you are and are still like, keeping you in a manner of speaking, you, instead of contributing and paying them back for all the good stuffs they've done for you, you're busy holding grudges about not being allowed to watch Beavis and Butthead and maybe perhaps seeing your Dad trip a few times when he'd had a few too many.

Look at yourself too and what you're doing man, i don't think your parents can be that bad, to be keeping a perfectly grown man in their house like he was still a child and not telling you to like, fuck off and go get a job and live on your own y'know? And they'd be perfectly within their rights to do so i mean, they done their job right, they raised you into a grown man, it ain't like it's some kind of discarded latch key kid thing here, your way past the age where if your folks asked you to leave you'd be justified in saying y'know "alas, alack, poor me, left out in the cold when i was weak and vulnerable" you're a grown man and there's something that don't sit well with me about the concept of like, living in their house, eating their food, being in their house and using their electricity and internet connection to slag them off on a message board...while your Mum shouts from downstairs calling you for dinner as you type this shit.

Perhaps it's just where i come from, a cultural thing or whatever but...to be honest, on the balance of things, weighing up, and obviously not knowing you personally, i'd say the good your parents done for you and are still doing for you far outweighs a lot of these childish issues you have about your old man being a bit rowdy when he's pissed and the things your mother did or did not want you to watch on TV.

Just let go of all that shit and look at yourself and assess yourself and see what you need to fix and go about fixing it, instead of assigning blame in your head for the reason things are the way they are, it's just a pointless exercise i mean, look, hypothetically, OK, lets just fast forward to a blame assigners conclusion, lets say, for arguments sake, everything, all of it, every little stick of issue you got, it's all your old mans fault. OK, we agreed on that now, hypothetically? So...what now? What you gonna do? Cry? Bang your head against a wall? Have him killed? See what i mean, the shit goes nowhere, even when you reach a conclusion with this blame shit, the shit goes nowhere, better just draw a line under it and focus yourself on solutions instead of endlessly poring over issues again and again and again and again, it serves no purpose cept to drive yourself bananas, the older you get the less and less you have the right to hide behind "it's mummy n daddys fault!", all that stuff is a load of bollocks, you're alive now and you're a grown man and you're equipped to change your situation, from adulthood onwards, the buck stops with you.

And hey man, if you wanna try long hair knock yourself out although, if it were me and i were you, i probably wouldn't.

Edited by sugaraylen, 17 December 2012 - 11:37 AM.

ARSENAL TIL I DIE

Fearless N***** get slapped in Manhattan

For rappin'

Big Ghost steps off laughin'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users