Best soundboard bootleg from the UYI tour?

gunsfanoldie

Hey guys.

I'm looking for a bootleg thats really good sound or even soundboard that could work as a live representation of GNR's glory years. I've tried, but have never been able to really get into Live Era. Just sounds too polished and worked on as opposed to some live videos which I love.

Are there are really good bootlegs or soundboards floating around from the UYI tour? I know alot of it was pro-shot so I figured there probably would be. I'm looking for the best opinions from people around here. A show where the setlist is pretty varied (although that was sort of any of them), the band playing good, Axl's voice is up to snuff. A well rounded show in really good quality basically.

I know I've seen videos of stuff from Chicago 92 I believe which has one of my favorite Welcome To The Jungles, and videos from late in Argentina and generally from all around the world. Any opinions on what are considered the best bootlegs from this era and possibly a way to download them?

Thanks in advance.

Anyone have download links for these to the best versions? Are any of them good quality enough that they almost sound like an unofficial live album?

Deer Creek is my favourite video boot from that period. Deer Creek 1991.

I've seen videos from Deer Creek before but I've always thought Axl's vocals really aren't that strong there. If I remember correctly, he sounds pretty rough throughout, although I love seeing Right Next Door To Hell open. Also, thats got an awesome version of Perfect Crime, but I feel in general, that show is more fun to watch as opposed to just listen to. But I do really appreciate the suggestions. Keep them coming unless there is a general consensus of the best one.

Thanks again for everyone's help. I've done a very little amount of research, but it appears those are the 4 best gigs. I've seen alot of Chicago 1992, and if I could find a really good sound source of that that would be cool. I've always really loved that version of Jungle and said that video from that show of that song is the definitive of GNR (even though some key members are missing).

Argentina is the other one I have latched onto. That one seems to have Axl singing REALLY well for the duration of the show and has a good setlist selection. They all seem really good and its hard to believe thats the last classic lineup show. Went out with a bang. I downloaded a version of it but its got cut ins and stupid talking in between each track from the spanish radio. I also hope there's a better sound version out since it could sound alittle better for soundboard.

If someone could post or lead me to the direction of the best version of Argentina and Chicago shows I would be very grateful! Again, I'm looking for something that sounds polished and clean enough that could replace Live Era as a document of GNR live for my iTunes, but isn't riddled with overdubs and stuff. There seems to be a lot of pro shot footage from this tour, but most of what I've found doesn't sound as great as I would hope. Like, that what I've found is a huge step down from the sound quality of Live Era. Obviously Live Era is an official release, but I thought there were some soundboards from the tour that sounded comparable.

• 2 weeks later...

You need to check the Downloads section of the board.

It looks like most of the downloads don't work anymore. Of the ones suggested, I liked the final show in Argentina the best but can't find a great recording yet. I have a soundboard but it could sound better and there's spanish radio chatter in between each song. Is there a better recording of this show or is that the only one?