Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

What made you a GNR fan?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

ChristmasFnatic

ChristmasFnatic

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts
  • 31-August 12
I was 12 years old, most guys are into phaggy music, but this one cool kid is into rock and roll. He introduced me to GNR(wont lend me cassette tape but he let me listen), so I asked dad to buy me Use Your Illusion 2!!! Rock fan ever since.

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,345 posts
  • 09-March 08
it was axls voice that got me into the music, i was only a kid but man it left an impact

shallan_zps2f2c7265.jpg

“Ah, the outdoors,' Shallan said. 'I visited that mythical place once.” 

ChineseDemocracy2004

ChineseDemocracy2004

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,473 posts
  • 17-August 04
I got into GN'R after hearing You Could Be Mine during Terminator 2.
Hey everybody! Happy New Year and best wishes for 2013.

Dark Knight

Dark Knight

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • 12-August 12
Axl`s buzzsaw, raspy, demonic, venomous vocals, his stage presence and songwriting skills plus Slash`s Blues and Punk fueled kickass heavy riffing stunning quality of music they made got me in to Guns N`Roses
Formerly known as Son of a gun

lukepowell1988

lukepowell1988

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts
  • 05-September 11
I Actually used to hate sweet child

but one day went over my uncles place and he played me AFD i fell in love from the second i heard mr.brownstone

after that he told me about the mysterious " chinese democracry " album and about how the band broke up this was in 1999

in 2002 i saw the band at the london docklands been to see them like 16 times since

Guns "N" Roses !!!

Axl_morris

Axl_morris

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 6,203 posts
  • 03-February 05
I was a late bloomer. My Sister bought the greatest hits in 2004. She played it one morning from her room and it woke me up, listening to November Rain. I then checked out other songs online, and it was crazy, jungle, live and let die & don't cry. Every song I checked out was a great song on the first time listening. Then it all just snowballed from there and here I am on a internet forum checking out the setlist of what they are playing 5000 miles away. :awesomeface:

33505513.jpg

My fan page - www.facebook.com/gnrukeuro

Crash Diet

Crash Diet

OH MY GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • 22-October 11

Was it Axl's voice or the music?

The combination of both.
i remember when i first hear AFD. At that time i really thinks, this is the best hard rock music ever existed...
oh and i almost forgot YCBM: that song is my fav GNR song and one of the first songs i ever hear from GNR (not to mention SIDHY when i was 4, lol)

Edited by Crash Diet, 09 November 2012 - 11:43 AM.

Unless we start boycotting them nothing will ever change.

Stop seeing GnR concerts. Stop buying shit from them.

2 things will happen:
- They will actually step up and release new music.
- Or they will quit.

And quite frankly, both options are better than this.

we were the left overs... the "hardcore" fans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users