Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Who is your FAVOURITE GUITARIST of the CURRENT LINEUP?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Favourite Guitarist? (62 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is your favourite guitarist of the current lineup?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

sascha

sascha

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • 13-October 10
Pick your favourite axman of the current lineup and feel free to elaborate why he's your favourite.

To make it a little more intresting try and be either totally objective or totally subjective and avoid comparism to Slash, Buckethead or any other guitarist because that's not what this poll is about and those discussions usually go nowhere anyway.

Have fun!

Matthias

Matthias

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • 18-February 05
Richard! Although I also like the other two, but not only is Richard way to underused (is that even a word) in GNR and deserves more attention, but he also performed with X Japan, so that's another plus. ;) When Buckethead left (or later on Robin) I was hoping a little bit that Richard would take over more guitardutys and they would just continue with him and the other guitarplayer at that time.

SMG

SMG

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • 30-October 11
Richard Fortus, is the best addition to Guns since the days of old. The man has stage presence like no other! And has the greatest mixture of guitar techniques. Bloody brilliant.

Guns N' Roses-Birmingham '06
Velvet Revolver-Wolves' '08
Guns N' Roses-Leeds '10 Birmingham '10
Slash- Made In Stoke '11
Guns N' Roses-Birmingham '12 Manchester '12 London '12
Slash-Manchester '12

Slash-Nottingham '13

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*
  • Guests
  • --
1. Fortus
2. Ashba
3. Bumblefoot

axlslash

axlslash

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,561 posts
  • 23-February 03
4tus. favorite from any lineup, not just current.
Posted Image

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*
  • Guests
  • --

4tus. favorite from any lineup, not just current.

I suppose it is for all the good solos and riffs he has written for GNR?

lol, some of you are ludicrous.

sascha

sascha

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • 13-October 10
Richard for me too. I just like his tone and feel best. Sounds a bit stupid maybe but it seems like he also knows what to NOT play and has incredible sense of what is right for the song.

SoulMonster

SoulMonster

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,689 posts
  • 12-December 08
I went with Richard. He is a cool guy, he is technically very gifted and can play anything, and he just does it with style.

Bumblefoot is a beast on guitar but I have yet to be impressed with his composing skills, he has a tendency to drown a solo in notes and I don't like his stage presence.

Dj is a bit too sloppy, more limited when it comes to skill and just looks a bit like a caricature of a modern rocker.

They are all good, and I am ready to change my opinion as soon as I hear their contributions on the next record, that matters more to me than their live abilities.

Taking things too seriously since 1988. -- I wonder how it is to be an agnostic, dyslexic insomniac, lying awake at night wondering if there really is a dog. -- NEVER EXPECT, ALWAYS HOPE.

Dark Knight

Dark Knight

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • 12-August 12
Fortus
Bumblefoot
Ashba can suck....................................
Formerly known as Son of a gun

RickRoses

RickRoses

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 5,807 posts
  • 16-September 07
Fortus, hands down. A lot of people say DJ is the guy you notice the most other than Axl, but I always thought Richard had/has the best stage presence of any of the guitar players. He's so under-used that it's a shame; he's bluesy, has the old school vibe, can handle any of the old solos (I always liked his RQ and NR, dunno why he seemed to get a little bashed for them on the forums), and I'd love to hear an album where he is shining on all tracks.

1.16.10 Calgary | 12.16.11 Seattle | 12.17.11 Vancouver | 11.23.12 Vegas | 11.24.12 Vegas | 6.6.14 Vegas | 6.7.14 Vegas

Dark Knight

Dark Knight

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • 12-August 12
Dump emo boy Bumble and Richard can handle guitar parts just fine
Formerly known as Son of a gun

The Glow Inc.

The Glow Inc.

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,183 posts
  • 13-May 09
Voted BBF but mainly because of his solo work...as far as GnR is concerned, 4tus. Great, great live performer...

414751eomgnr.jpg
         Check this out and Join the Tribe

sweetness

sweetness

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 14,934 posts
  • 01-February 06
Definitely Richard Fortus, his solo spot is by far the best

Posted Image

bacardimayne

bacardimayne

Fatter than ever

• SILVER
  • 16,216 posts
  • 10-May 08
Bumblefoot. Fortus is good, but I just don't care about him.

dQOAHSG.png

LuanVictor

LuanVictor

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • 18-June 11
Bumblefoot, but Fortus is amazing too.
Ashba, well...

"Complaints, complaints and complaints" - Beta Lebeis
5yrnh4.jpg