Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Chris Cornell reflects on GNR and Axl when Soundgarden opened for them in 1991

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

gunsfanoldie

gunsfanoldie

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
  • 13-November 11
I'm sure its more complicated than this, but Chris seems like a nice guy and that he just means that he never understood the whole behind the scenes stuff about GNR. Thought it was an interesting paragraph:

http://www.vulture.c...-interview.html

In 1991, Soundgarden opened for Guns N’ Roses. What do you remember most about that tour?
Without saying anything negative about Axl, what I remember the most was Duff and Slash and everyone else being regular, sweet, warm guys in a rock band that just wanted to play rock music. And then, like, there was this Wizard of Oz character behind the curtain that seemed to complicate what was the most ideal situation they could ever have been in: They were the most successful and famous rock band on the planet. Every single show, hundreds of thousands of fans just wanted to hear songs. For some reason there seemed to be this obstacle in just going out and participating in that. That is what I remember the most. It’s sad.

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• SILVER
  • 15,013 posts
  • 28-January 11
inb4 "Chris Cornell is shit, who is that guy? A nobody, piece of shit singer!"

On topic: Interesting quote, very well put.

Posted Image

Goddamn it! Fuckin' Game of Thrones, man.

Randy Lahey

Randy Lahey

FRONTMAN

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,646 posts
  • 29-June 06
Chris Cornell is clearly on Team $lash.
Posted Image
Welcome To The Jungle of Smooth Flamenco Beatz
Dre Day will make Axl's payday.

Axl_morris

Axl_morris

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 6,980 posts
  • 03-February 05
Axl said himself that he shouldnt have been on tour at that time. We all know he was dealing with his psychological problems, just sucked for him at that point in his life the world was watching him.

#cut4bumblefoot

Christinith

Christinith

DEMI-GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • 12-April 12
Chris Cornell is smart.
Posted Image
Formerly known as Nova Scotia

sweetness

sweetness

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 14,948 posts
  • 01-February 06
interesting indeed, it's cool to get a 1st hand perspective from a 3rd party

I'm sure we can expect excuses, excuses, and of course; more excuses in regards to Axl :jerkoff:

Edited by sweetness, 13 November 2012 - 06:45 PM.

Posted Image

ColdHeartBreaker

ColdHeartBreaker

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,082 posts
  • 16-September 09

what I remember the most was Duff and Slash and everyone else being regular, sweet, warm guys in a rock band that just wanted to play rock music.

Sums up perfectly why Axl is my favourite. :lol:
 "What I really meant was that the sound of the guitar is very happy. "

Kapitch_77

Kapitch_77

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,312 posts
  • 18-February 06
Everybody is outta get Axl!

AxlRose14

AxlRose14

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts
  • 28-February 09
Classy to not say anything negative about Axl. Should have ripped Slash since he spends dolla dolla bills on hookers!!

MEXzilla

MEXzilla

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • 16-May 12
First off Chris Cornell is my second favorite rock vocalist next to Axl but why is he even being asked these dumb questions? how was it with the queen or ur experience with GnR after 20 or so years have passed? Wow the guy just made a new album n that whats being asked lmao.

WhazUp

WhazUp

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 7,696 posts
  • 29-February 08
Intresting insight, nothing we didn't already know but it further solidifies what we do know

On a different note, the new Soundgarden album is incredible!

Rovim

Rovim

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 7,703 posts
  • 28-March 04
I love Chris Cornell, but I don't think he knows enough about the inner workings of Guns or about Axl for that matter, to say that.

Yes, Guns were in an amazing position, but the band always had real issues to deal with, not caused just by Axl. Not even close.

Got my ticket to the rollercoaster of destruction. It's never too late to ride. B-)

MEXzilla

MEXzilla

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • 16-May 12

Intresting insight, nothing we didn't already know but it further solidifies what we do know

On a different note, the new Soundgarden album is incredible!

Yes the album is totally worth checking out. It defiantly surprises me that a band that hadn't played for so long could create a great album; just wish GnR could've done the same.

Crash Diet

Crash Diet

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 5,177 posts
  • 22-October 11
he is right

Best post ever: Damn_Smooth about DJ Ashba

Damn_Smooth, on 20 Aug 2014 - 11:36 PM, said:

I'm butthurt that that jackass lives in a house like that. I don't have any talent either, why don't I have a mansion?

Guns n' Swedes

Guns n' Swedes

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  • 12-February 10
Nive to hear a fkn layman like Cornell having no idea that some people may have personal issues that most of us are fortunate to not have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users