Saturday Night's Mic Toss/Assistance Requested

Saltzy

I just got a message back from Bumble!!

just sent a 5th or 6th letter to 'management' saying *again* that we need to talk to security about them mistreating the fans. I've been trying to make things better' date=' from meet-n-greet scheduling to allowing signs & banners, been feeling like a union rep for fans, lol, but it's gotta be done. I didn't agree to have 9-year-old girls have their 'happy birthday' signs confiscated - see why I lose my shit?? lol All I can say is *I tried* and if fans continue to be mistreated it's not coming from Axl & the band.[/quote']

I'm sorry he can't do anything for you... but the band knows this is going on, hope Bumble can accomplish something!

Edited by OptimusPrimeNL

just sent a 5th or 6th letter to 'management' saying *again* that we need to talk to security about them mistreating the fans. I've been trying to make things better' date=' from meet-n-greet scheduling to allowing signs & banners, been feeling like a union rep for fans, lol, but it's gotta be done. I didn't agree to have 9-year-old girls have their 'happy birthday' signs confiscated - see why I lose my shit?? lol All I can say is *I tried* and if fans continue to be mistreated it's not coming from Axl & the band.[/quote']

I'm sorry he can't do anything for you... but the band knows this is going on, hope Bumble can accomplish something!

Well, son of a bitch. They blatently lied to me.

Thanks a lot for doing this for me dude.

I am about to place another, slighly less polite call to The Hard Rock right now, and basically every day going forward until they either A. Specifically state who the fuck gave this order or B. Give my friend the fucking mic back.

I've got nothing but time right now, and I am going to make this as unpleasant for them as humanly possible.

They screwed with the wrong guy, and at the ABSOLUTE worst possible time in his life to screw with him.

I am about to place another, slighly less polite call to The Hard Rock right now, and basically every day going forward until they either A. Specifically state who the fuck gave this order or B. Give my friend the fucking mic back.

I've got nothing but time right now, and I am going to make this as unpleasant for them as humanly possible.

They screwed with the wrong guy, and at the ABSOLUTE worst possible time in his life to screw with him.

Let us know what comes out of it, they just stole the mic!

You see how the band doesnt want that to happen, it's all on the Hard Rock security. GnR management should be more vocal about this, they must do something. If Ron knows about that, management will get to know really soon.

You see how the band doesnt want that to happen, it's all on the Hard Rock security. GnR management should be more vocal about this, they must do something. If Ron knows about that, management will get to know really soon.

I just left another VM, but this time with the Head of Security for all of The Hard Rock, Edwin Gatlin, stating that I have now been provided proof by an ACTUAL MEMBER OF THE BAND that said they never agreed to or stipulated this policy, and that he is not pleased with the way their fans have been treated at their shows there in general.

Fuck you Hard Rock.

Edited by Saltzy

You're the man dude. Again, I really appreciate you going over and above here for me my man.

Honestly, just knowing it will be so much harder for these fucktards to do this to people for the remaining shows puts a smile on my face.

I'm assuming they didn't think anyone would know or care enough to make a big stink over what they were doing at these shows.

They assumed incorrectly.

At the Wilkes-Barre show last year, the girl who caught it got to keep it. I saw her in the concourse with it as I was leaving.

I saw the same girl and asked if she would let me hold it! She did! She was very trusting or else I looked trustworthy enough for her to let me. So I did actually have it in my hand, very nice!

good luck

I admit I was not to sympathetic to your cause, but after reading on I am curious

either the security is lying and is making believe that the "band" is requesting the mics back, and they are keeping them for themselves

or Axl/management is lying

as someone who has lived in Las Vegas, I hate that town with a passion and would not trust anyone in that town as far as I can throw them

But you cant really accuse someone unless you have evidence

so if Bumble is being honest and it is really Security who is lying and keeping the mics for themselves, then it would make sense

but like I said, unless you hear it from Axl/Management that they never said that the security should take the mics back

then you cant really accuse anyone

Being that it is obvious a few people here care about this, based on circumstantial evidence aquired from several different people on these two message boards, here is my 2 cent theory. To be honest, I'm pretty sure I am right, but I cleary have no hard proof one way or the other.

GnR signs to play the residency. Obviously at this point the Hard Rock is well aware that Axl tosses a mic into the crowd at the end of every show. They politley ask, "Axl, please, if you woudn't mind, would you please not launch an expensive mic into the crowd every night?" Axl being Axl says "Fuck You" in so many words, just keeps doing it. Which for the record is awesome if true. The Hard Rock makes the decision to go after it every time he does, and tell anyone that calls that the band's management told them to do it and they were just doing what they were told.

I just happen to have decided to be the 1st person to actually ask the band if that was true or not. Nutshell, the Hard Rock is a cheap, lying bunch of cocks.

I really feel like an ass for asking this again, but can someone tell me who Fernando is? Again, I am a big GnR fun but not to the extent that I know the in's and out's of the management team.

Yea he is part of management. I'm not sure if he is THE manager. His mom is Beta and she is part of management as well. The family manages the band but not sure if any one in particular holds the title "manager".

Sorry to go off topic here but weren't Team Brazil management for TMS interview? If so why does Axl say this when Fernando is standing there?

Back on topic, good luck to you Saltzy in your quest to get the mic back for your friend & I'm sorry to hear about your Mum.

can I just say that from past shows ive attended, one in particular, this is 100% to do with the security. Axl/GnR are throwing it and happy for the audience members to keep the mic.

just a buy a shure beta 58 or 59 wireless im pretty sure thats what he uses and put it on display, no one will notice the difference and your sentimental value is just pathetic. it's a mircophone, not even an instrument, nothing personal "soul" to it whatsoever.

Roadies generally don't give blow jobs Saltzie, I think you mean groupies? Roadies are the knuckledragging apes that set up the stage, amps, sound equipment etc

Not to get off topic, but the road crew are the guys/girls that make every show happen...and often the most under-appreciated people of the industry.

Is there any chance at all that the venue provided the mic for Axl because it's a residency, and that's why they take it back? If Axl is throwing something he doesn't own, I could somewhat understand why the venue would want it back. Just a thought ...

No, that is precisely what they are doing. Then, if anyone calls to complain they are blaming the GnR team. My point is that once that thing leaves his hand, as much as you MAY want it back, you have to be a pretty cheap ass venue to run after the person that just dove on a piss covered floor and fought off a few hundred people to nab it to do so.

I have a feeling that this wouldn't have happened when Vegas wasn't the corporate, 'treat customers like fucking cattle' mecca that it has become over the last 30 years or so.

Edited by Saltzy

Being that it is obvious a few people here care about this, based on circumstantial evidence aquired from several different people on these two message boards, here is my 2 cent theory. To be honest, I'm pretty sure I am right, but I cleary have no hard proof one way or the other.

GnR signs to play the residency. Obviously at this point the Hard Rock is well aware that Axl tosses a mic into the crowd at the end of every show. They politley ask, "Axl, please, if you woudn't mind, would you please not launch an expensive mic into the crowd every night?" Axl being Axl says "Fuck You" in so many words, just keeps doing it. Which for the record is awesome if true. The Hard Rock makes the decision to go after it every time he does, and tell anyone that calls that the band's management told them to do it and they were just doing what they were told.

I just happen to have decided to be the 1st person to actually ask the band if that was true or not. Nutshell, the Hard Rock is a cheap, lying bunch of cocks.

I think you're reading way too much into this situation. I can assure you they did not hold negotiations regarding the dispersal of a microphone. I remember reading somewhere that they sub in a different (cheaper) mic for Paradise City, knowing that it will get tossed into the crowd.

It is possible somebody from GNR's management asked security to retrieve the mic, but I find that incredibly hard to believe because it would be completely ridiculous.

I highly doubt the hard rock pays for the bands equipment residency or not.

just a buy a shure beta 58 or 59 wireless im pretty sure thats what he uses and put it on display, no one will notice the difference and your sentimental value is just pathetic. it's a mircophone, not even an instrument, nothing personal "soul" to it whatsoever.

And u get the award for most useless post in the thread. Congratulations doosh.

Genius, I can buy a whistle and say I caught it from Axl as well!