A question regarding rumors/"news" without sources...

Rustycage

Is this a rule that is not enforced very often? GNR has always been surrounded by rumors and plain BS but it seems like lately it's overlooked to the point where it's endorsed to post rumors as fact without providing sources. It's disrespectful to lead fans on. I'm not naming any names but I think it is obvious who I am talking about. Using the anticipation of the fans as a way for an individual to seek attention is gross.

You're probably right in 98% of cases, but what if someone has some info from a source who doesn't want to be disclosed?

My question regarding that is why does it matter? If it is a member of the band, as has been vaguely claimed before, that continues the rumor of gag orders.

If there is no gag order, what's the big deal about providing a source for generic information?

What is damaging to the band for fans to know they hit the studio?

The answers to those questions contradict a reason to conceal a source. It makes the concealment just look convenient.

Official News is posted in the Official News Forum, and always has a source cited.

Rumors are posted in the D and N forum to be discussed, until they have a confirmed source.

It's always been that way.

Edited by LiveFromNormal

Official News is posted in the Official News Forum, and always has a source cited.

Rumors are posted in the D and N forum to be discussed, until they have a confirmed source.

I know how it's been. It has always been referred to as rumors without a source instead of a bunch of fools spreading rumors and calling it fact/news just because they said it. If you don't know the difference, just let a mod answer.

I know how it's been. It has always been referred to as rumors without a source instead of a bunch of fools spreading rumors and calling it fact/news just because they said it. If you don't know the difference, just let a mod answer.

I know the difference. You are the one who seems lost.

It doesn't matter what random people without a source say, if you're too stupid to believe them then that is your problem.

Confirmed, and factual news is posted in the Newswire. If you want to see what is confirmed and what is a rumor then check the Newswire.

If you want to hear insider rumors, read D and N. Doesn't matter if they say something is a fact or not, if it's not in the Newswire it is not confirmed, and you can choose to believe the rumor, or choose not to.

Take a look at who CAN post news in the newswire, guy. The rule does not only apply to those with privileges in that one section. It's there for everyone to follow, not just those with privileges in that particular section.

Apparently you're too stupid to realize that the section has NEWS in the title and when someone declares something as fact as is done, they aren't saying it's a rumor, they are declaring it to be news.

If we want rumors, don't say the shit is for real without sources. That's the rules, nonmod.

4) Posting knowingly misleading or false stories about Guns N' Roses, its past or present members is not permitted. When posting news, always include a source to validate the article.

When someone posts something in Discussion and NEWS as a fact without sources, that's different than saying I heard something through the grapevine. If you are in any way an authority on this subject, you're contradicting yourself and are the one lost.

Edited by Rustycage

If you see a thread that has a rumour posing as a fact (with no source), then report it. You've quoted the rules yourself, so you already know the answer to your question.

If a rumour is clearly marked as a rumour, then the mods will decide on a case-by-case basis as to whether it should be left open or not.