The Official "Axl's Attire" Thread

6 hours ago, melina i said:

what does it say on the shirt exactly,,,,,

On 2.3.2017 at 11:10 PM, Black Sabbath said:

Also in case anyone is wondering, the pill bottle shirt says "WHY DOES THE USA WITH 4% OF THE WORLD'S POPULATION CONSUME 80% OF THE WORLD'S PRESCRIPTION MEDS?"

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While in LA, I passed a Barneys store which has Amiri clothes. They didn't have much in stock but I noticed a few things Axl has worn. 

They only had one flannel shirt (black and grey) in stock which felt very soft. Certainly a lot higher quality than your standard flannel shirt. That cost $560.

They had two skeleton leather jackets which seemed to run a bit smaller. It was white and gold studded but slightly different to the one Axl has worn. I wanted to try it on (just because) but it was tied to the rack and I couldn't be bothered getting someone over to unlock it. That'd set you back $2200 which I thought was pretty cheap in comparison to the plain black leather jacket they had which was over $6000.

There were a few different pairs of jeans but not the exact ones he's worn. While they felt nice, the True Religion ones he used to wear looked a lot better.

I need to get a pair of the Amiri jeans so bad.  I wish that the Kelly Cole site would re-stock some of the designs Axl has been wearing.  I've been buying a bunch of tees Axl wore during the NILT tour...show me some class tee, kitty with the gun tee, Elvis Harley tee, I'm wearing the Taco Cat tee he wore in Japan today (TACO TUESDAY!) 

Axl seems to throw any old shit together (usually expensive shit) and it works for him, he looks cool as fuck (expect for the oversized jersey's in the early 2000's). I've always liked his "fashion sense" or lack of it. I even like that yellow raincoat, what balls he has to where that horrible thing for Rock in Rio, love it!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

Axl seems to throw any old shit together (usually expensive shit) and it works for him, he looks cool as fuck (expect for the oversized jersey's in the early 2000's). I've always liked his "fashion sense" or lack of it. I even like that yellow raincoat, what balls he has to where that horrible thing for Rock in Rio, love it!

I didn't think the yellow coat was so bad either until I saw all the "I didn't know paddington bear was in GNR" comments on YouTube. Now I can't look at that thing without laughing a bit. 

But other than that, I agree. Even though his fashion choices are over the top, that's his thing and he always owns it. 

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I didn't think the yellow coat was so bad either until I saw all the "I didn't know paddington bear was in GNR" comments on YouTube. Now I can't look at that thing without laughing a bit. 

But other than that, I agree. Even though his fashion choices are over the top, that's his thing and he always owns it. 

i really like how we get a new Axl for each tour. He knows what he's doing when he comes back with a different style and look.  I really never had a problem with costume changes or whatever. If the music was shit then yeah, fuck that, get to writing some good songs and stop pissing about with your clothes, but that's not the case. I enjoy it, I think obviously besides being in a great band and being very talented his look (or at least some of them) has become iconic, certainly no one is more recognizable for wearing a bandana than Axl.

• Like 1

Even though I already have a pair of Porsche Design sunglasses, I decided to try out the ones with the pink lenses that Axl's been wearing lately. As soon as I saw what they looked like, I said I'll take them. Definitely the nicest pair I own. If you had told me I'd buy a pair of pink $550 sunglasses, I would have laughed at you.

elvdw.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Twist Of Lime said:

Even though I already have a pair of Porsche Design sunglasses, I decided to try out the ones with the pink lenses that Axl's been wearing lately. As soon as I saw what they looked like, I said I'll take them. Definitely the nicest pair I own. If you had told me I'd buy a pair of pink $550 sunglasses, I would have laughed at you.

elvdw.jpg

They look great! What's the style or model number?

1 hour ago, tajandreas said:

Am i the only one that thinks Axl should bring back the all black pants he was wearing with AC/DC? I think they look alot better than the jeans he's been wearing.

Literally watching Axl/DC right now and thinking the same thing. The black skinny jeans look was badass.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tajandreas said:

Am i the only one that thinks Axl should bring back the all black pants he was wearing with AC/DC? I think they look alot better than the jeans he's been wearing.

Well he got them cut to fit the leg brace, so... Someone send him another pair ;)