Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Axl Pissed?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

jeaubear

jeaubear

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • 13-May 12
So i might be a little late here, and mods feel free to move this to the apporprite section if neccesary, but why does Axl stop singing during Civil War in Chile in 1992? like at one point he just sits on the steps leading up to the drums and looks out over the crowd and seems pissed. Anyone know why that is? I know they were throwing bottles earlier, but i assume he would have stoped the show for that, or even left for that matter. And it wasnt like the Chicago show where he talked about all the old people who were standing there just watching him.
this is the video.
By the way, i saw GNR yesterday! by far the greatest concert of my life! Front Row too!

"But if your really into waiting, try holding your breath for Jesus, cuz i heard the pay-off may be much greater."

Slash-5/10/12-Biloxi MS,

GNR- 11/21/12- Las Vegas

GNR123GNR456

GNR123GNR456

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,110 posts
  • 02-May 09
I don't know but when he throws the mic at 2:20, it's fuckin' hilarious.

Posted Image

jeaubear

jeaubear

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • 13-May 12
like i knew they were fighting and shit, i just dont know why he stoped the second time!

"But if your really into waiting, try holding your breath for Jesus, cuz i heard the pay-off may be much greater."

Slash-5/10/12-Biloxi MS,

GNR- 11/21/12- Las Vegas

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• SILVER
  • 15,130 posts
  • 28-January 11
Not fighting, some Chilean fans were spitting the band and Axl got pissed. He stopped because he asked them to stop, he continued the song, he went to the ego ramp and they kept spitting him.

Oh, I forgot, that's gotta be the best Civil War improvisation from Slash. I love this performance (including the rant).

Posted Image

Goddamn it! Fuckin' Game of Thrones, man.

Pingouino

Pingouino

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • 04-April 05
Put no effort in singing at the end, still a better voice than any 2012 performance

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• SILVER
  • 15,130 posts
  • 28-January 11

Put no effort in singing at the end, still a better voice than any 2012 performance

That's why I loved Axl Rose and original Guns N' Roses. Such an amazing band.

Posted Image

GNRSkidRow1

GNRSkidRow1

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 8,742 posts
  • 12-January 05
I loved how he changed the words at the "vacuum" part :rofl-lol:

sig-2.png
5-12-06/5-17-06/11-10-06/11-17-11/11-26-11/2-12-12/2-15-12/2-27-12/6-6-13/6-8-13/5-13-14

rock4eva

rock4eva

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts
  • 11-November 11

So i might be a little late here, and mods feel free to move this to the apporprite section if neccesary, but why does Axl stop singing during Civil War in Chile in 1992? like at one point he just sits on the steps leading up to the drums and looks out over the crowd and seems pissed. Anyone know why that is? I know they were throwing bottles earlier, but i assume he would have stoped the show for that, or even left for that matter. And it wasnt like the Chicago show where he talked about all the old people who were standing there just watching him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai1Lth1PL3o this is the video.
By the way, i saw GNR yesterday! by far the greatest concert of my life! Front Row too!

If you see as he sings "when they shot Kennedy" you can see a white object fly towards his t-shirt - you might need to stop start it & you can see it. Someone spat on him. It's at 2.18 towards the lower half of his body - disgusting.

Apparently they are chanting "son of a bitch" at him after he walks off. I love when he speaks in their language telling them to be quiet they all just scream more - that worked well.

Edited by rock4eva, 23 November 2012 - 03:36 AM.

Coma16

Coma16

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 6,907 posts
  • 27-May 11
Who's on first again?

#GuitarInHand

401914_10152867527845352_1449427467_n.jp

Redhead74

Redhead74

FRONTWOMAN

• SILVER
  • 9,458 posts
  • 12-July 12
I love the way he goes "Shut the fuck up!" at 4:05. Axl's so cute!

Gunzen

Gunzen

OH MY GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,420 posts
  • 20-October 06

Imagine that Captain Obvious, it was 20 years ago. How dare he age.
SIGNATURE EDITED: PLEASE CHECK SIGNATURE GUIDELINES: http://www.mygnrforu...?showtopic=9592
***TWO LINES OF TEXT MAXIMUM***

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• SILVER
  • 15,130 posts
  • 28-January 11

I love the way he goes "Shut the fuck up!" at 4:05. Axl's so cute!

I loved the "Yeah? FUCK YOU!" at the end. Classic Axl.

Posted Image

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

SPACE TRAVELLER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,754 posts
  • 28-April 11

I loved how he changed the words at the "vacuum" part :rofl-lol:

LOOOLLLL

Logo_zpsb06a0514.png

Axl_morris

Axl_morris

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 6,992 posts
  • 03-February 05
U can see spit land on axl thigh.

#cut4bumblefoot

hudsonsaul

hudsonsaul

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • 11-September 05

Not fighting, some Chilean fans were spitting the band and Axl got pissed. He stopped because he asked them to stop, he continued the song, he went to the ego ramp and they kept spitting him.

Oh, I forgot, that's gotta be the best Civil War improvisation from Slash. I love this performance (including the rant).

I love the term 'ego ramp'. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users