Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Without Terminator 2, Do You Think YCBM Would Still be a Hit?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

OJones90

OJones90

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • 05-February 12
Stupid question imo. None of the other hits were for movies so what's the difference with You Could Be Mine?

Posted Image

jimb0

jimb0

GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts
  • 04-April 05
You know...
I love YCBM... It was one of the few songs on UYI that had the appetite vibe. Because it was origionally in the cannon to go on AFD. It was said somewhere, I can't remember where.

The amazing drum into, I've always wondered what it would sound like with Adler, maybe no where as good as with Sorum. I didn't like brains interpretation of it, but Frank Nails It.

And the awesome Axl Rant is amazing. While you've been breaking down my back I've been racking out my brain.

Yeah sure the chorus is repetitive but a little price to pay for an awesome song. :) God I love GNF'NR's

Dublin 2010... my fav. audio version. :)

Edited by jimb0, 23 November 2012 - 12:18 PM.

fuck     been at work all day , could some one please Piss on Me ???

Apollo

Apollo

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 11,912 posts
  • 15-July 03
The real question should be if UCBM was released on appetite, how would that have changed things?
Would it have been a hit....what single would it have been......what would have replaced it as an early rock single from Illusions?

pe_teko

pe_teko

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • 07-January 06
Nah, it isn't as good as NR, DC or Estranged.

Even Yesterdays is better

Apollo

Apollo

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 11,912 posts
  • 15-July 03

I've always thought civil war and Yesterdays were their two most underrated songs.

Crash Diet

Crash Diet

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,177 posts
  • 22-October 11

Yes, but T2 and Arnold helped a lot.

this

Best post ever: Damn_Smooth about DJ Ashba

Damn_Smooth, on 20 Aug 2014 - 11:36 PM, said:

I'm butthurt that that jackass lives in a house like that. I don't have any talent either, why don't I have a mansion?

DieselDaisy

DieselDaisy

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,093 posts
  • 11-August 12
YCBM is probably my favourite song from the illusions. Well, that and 14 years and dust n bones.

Crash Diet

Crash Diet

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 5,177 posts
  • 22-October 11

nah, NR is cheezy as fuck
YCBM is their best song, imo
Yesterdays? a good song, but not even the same league as YCBM.
Do you really compare ballads with YCBM?
loool

Best post ever: Damn_Smooth about DJ Ashba

Damn_Smooth, on 20 Aug 2014 - 11:36 PM, said:

I'm butthurt that that jackass lives in a house like that. I don't have any talent either, why don't I have a mansion?

volcano62

volcano62

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 11,728 posts
  • 16-February 09

The real question should be if UCBM was released on appetite, how would that have changed things?
Would it have been a hit....what single would it have been......what would have replaced it as an early rock single from Illusions?

IMO YCBM and Shadow should have been on AFD (minus Anything goes)

UYI should have been 1 sick album with all the best songs.

James Bond

James Bond

• Members
  • 7,467 posts
  • 19-December 04
You Could Be Mine is a song that took me a long time to get into. It's funny because stylistically it should have been my favourite Guns song on my first listen. Still, it seemed kind of boring. That changed not long after when I got the Tokyo DVDs and watched those for the first time. Axl's voice is very hit and miss on that show but he nails You Could Be Mine and I finally got into the song.

For the question at hand, I'm sure it would have still charted and I'm sure it still would have been a single. The movie just gave it extra promotion.

Untitled0.jpg

31illusions

31illusions

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts
  • 10-September 07
I read they played a bunch of songs for Arnold & team. They selected YCBM to be the single.
It may never have been a single without T2. Regardless, everything GN'R did back then was gold.

d_zps117357a7.jpg

Eu4ic

Eu4ic

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • 15-October 11
It would have been a huge hit regardless. YCBM helped T2, one could make the argument. AFD made GNR the hottest band and people were salivating over the new prospect of a new album, to the point in which they released Lies to tide them over.

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,593 posts
  • 12-December 08
It's used a lot as bumper music.

GN'R Lies

GN'R Lies

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • 07-May 10
Those who are questioning whether YCBM would have been a hit without T2 need to remember the queues and frenzy when UYI was released. GN'R were the biggest band in the land and the prospect of new music had the public very excited. That was the environment at that time.

saber_

saber_

Axl Internet PR

• SILVER
  • 6,267 posts
  • 04-January 09
One thing that always bothered me about Terminator 2 was that the YCBM video had significant pieces of footage which were not in the theatrical release of the movie (like when Arnold comes out of the metal press, among others).

Edited by brainsaber, 23 November 2012 - 04:05 PM.

Be nice to Axl. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users