Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Is the forum kind of unstable lately?

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

username

username

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,020 posts
  • 08-January 04
Last few days I got a lot of these address can't be found/reached type errors. Mostly just for a minute or something and after that its fine. But I do get them a lot.

Edited by username, 25 November 2012 - 12:22 PM.

Three hour meeting starts NOW!!!

Complaints, complaints, complaints... 
- Team Brazil

Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 12,662 posts
  • 30-March 06
Same
-Member formerly known as Mr. Miser/Honky Chateau/Memnoch the Devil/Indigo Child/Clark Gable/Virgil Caine-
GUNS N' ROSES = AXL, SLASH, IZZY, DUFF, STEVEN

Powerage5

Powerage5

2013 Death Pool Champ

• MOD SQUAD
  • 14,185 posts
  • 17-February 06
I've had the same issue. I'll see if High has any insight to the problem.

13978513873_30aa82e9a0_z.jpg

Hamilton '10 | Wilkes-Barre '11 | Hamilton '11 | New York '12 x2 | Buffalo '13 | Brooklyn '13 | New York '13 | Bethlehem '14 | Las Vegas '14 x3
MyGNR's official Iron Maiden fanatic! US x20 | Canada x7 | Sweden x3 | Norway | Wales | N. Ireland | England x4 | Russia x2 | Finland | Romania | Turkey | Croatia

Maiden England 2014: Poznan | Norrköping | Bergen | Luxembourg | Arras | Knebworth

izzygirl

izzygirl

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,778 posts
  • 28-February 10
I think everybody's had the same issue, but it's not new. It's been happening since some time ago.

21km35y.jpg

No son ojos porque los ves. Son ojos porque te miran.

Facekicker

Facekicker

FRONTMAN

• Returned
  • 12,144 posts
  • 02-March 06
Happening to me a lot in the past few days only

Sigfinal.jpg

username

username

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 21,020 posts
  • 08-January 04
It's definitely happening more and more over the past few days, maybe the last week or two. Particularly tonight. I just got this one again:

No data received
Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

And after that:

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.mygnrforum.com
Suggestions:
Try reloading the page

At this rate I'm going to be forced to go outside and have a social life. I'd hate that. -_-

- Team Brazil

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• Supporters
  • 12,946 posts
  • 28-January 11
I thought I was the only one, the forum is unbrowsable at this moment. Received the same message 14 times in the last hour.

qlq4.jpg

gunsguy

gunsguy

FRONTMAN

• Media Crew
  • 19,000 posts
  • 28-December 02
"Issue with the site's host causing me to keep timing out. Apologies guys, I'll be back to full service soon! :("

one hour ago via:
https://www.facebook.com/mygnrforum

This host sucks balls though been having intermittent problems for a long time.

Edited by gunsguy, 25 November 2012 - 03:01 PM.

axlrare.jpg

Dariablue

Dariablue

SUPER GOD

• Supporters
  • 3,576 posts
  • 24-October 08
I get that too. Also, when I try to quote, it doubles it for some reason and I have to delete one.

licksig.jpg

"There is no good guy, there is no bad guy, there is just Axl and Slash and they just disagree." - Marc Canter

"You're offended? Shut up. Everyone is awful."

username

username

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 21,020 posts
  • 08-January 04
I propose that Highvoltage get's a complete travel ban effective as soon as he get's back. That way he can give the forum his full attention. -_-

- Team Brazil

highvoltage

highvoltage

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Admins
  • 18,896 posts
  • 01-September 04
Yes it's been absolutely fucking woeful. I submitted a ticket about it and was planning to make a thread explaining but went to Fremont st with the girlfriend and had dinner + lost a ton of money instead... :lol:

Basically, a disk in the server's RAID array had been throwing up errors and Invision didn't notice until today. This was the cause of the timeouts over the past days/weeks. I've been pretty disappointed with the performance lately and it's been getting worse, this could well explain why. Disk failures can be gradual and get worse as time goes on.

Anyway, they put a new disk in and the array got rebuilt today (pretty sure it's done now) - during the rebuild, the forum would have been almost unuseable.

Anyway, in the 5-10 I've been browsing now, it's been looking good, so hopefully that's the end of it. Better be - we pay what we pay for reliability and performance. I don't consider the way the board has been for the past few weeks acceptable... If it's still crappy in January, we'll be shopping for a new host.

username

username

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 21,020 posts
  • 08-January 04

I submitted a ticket about it and was planning to make a thread explaining but went to Fremont st with the girlfriend and had dinner + lost a ton of money instead... :lol:

Selfish. :max:

- Team Brazil

highvoltage

highvoltage

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Admins
  • 18,896 posts
  • 01-September 04

I submitted a ticket about it and was planning to make a thread explaining but went to Fremont st with the girlfriend and had dinner + lost a ton of money instead... :lol:

Silly me, spending my time in Vegas wining and dining the Mrs instead of spending all my time on here... :(

username

username

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 21,020 posts
  • 08-January 04

Silly me, spending my time in Vegas wining and dining the Mrs instead of spending all my time on here... :(

I feel silly and hurt now for thinking we came first in your life. :(

- Team Brazil

saber_

saber_

Axl Internet PR

• Supporters
  • 6,142 posts
  • 04-January 09
Redundancy is not the same as fault tolerance.

/random

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users