Your concerts in 2013

Powerage5

Bruce Springsteen at Wembley Stadium in June. I'm tempted to go see him in Coventry as well.

Robbie Williams has four dates at Wembley Stadium in late June and early July. Might go see him too, I'm not sure.

I'm such an idiot!

I forgot about Springsteen tickets going on sale this morning and when I finally got to my computer (2 hours and 20 minutes after they went on sale) Wembley Stadium was sold out, except the very distant seats. I got a floor ticket for Coventry though.

Rock in Rio, for sure, don't know in which days yet, though.

Bon Jovi announced a tour on South American as well, I will probably catch a show.

There's Loollapalooza with Pearl Jam, and I want to go as well. There's also the SWU Fest, the line-up wasn't announced yet though.

I'll be on my first year of college on 2013, I hope to get a lot of spare time to go to concerts.

Officially not going to Australia due to inability to secure a placement student teaching, so you can scratch anything down under for me. Paul Di'Anno's US tour was cancelled again so that's out for me as well. Doing an extra week in Europe next Summer though, since I now have about $6,000 freed up because of Australia.

6/29 - Iron Maiden (Singen-Aach, Germany) - maybe

6/30 - Iron Maiden (Dessel, Belgium) - maybe

7/3 - Iron Maiden (Lodz, Poland) - maybe

7/4 - Iron Maiden (Gdansk, Poland) - maybe

7/6 - Iron Maiden (Oberhausen, Germany) - maybe

7/10 - Iron Maiden (Malmo, Sweden)

7/13 - Iron Maiden (Stockholm, Sweden)

7/16 - Iron Maiden (St. Petersburg, Russia)

7/18 - Iron Maiden (Moscow, Russia)

7/20 - Iron Maiden (Helsinki, Finland) - yet to be officially announced

Officially not going to Australia due to inability to secure a placement student teaching, so you can scratch anything down under for me. Paul Di'Anno's US tour was cancelled again so that's out for me as well. Doing an extra week in Europe next Summer though, since I now have about $6,000 freed up because of Australia.

This is in no way a criticism, so don't take it as such, but I just find it amazing that you still really get anything out of these shows. I mean, I've seen some of my favorite bands 3 or 4 times, and by the 4th time it really loses the magic for me. And this is spread over several years, not a week.

This is in no way a criticism, so don't take it as such, but I just find it amazing that you still really get anything out of these shows. I mean, I've seen some of my favorite bands 3 or 4 times, and by the 4th time it really loses the magic for me. And this is spread over several years, not a week.

because your bands cant compare to maiden :P

Yeah I really don't understand how one can go see a band THAT many times.

Someone asked me for a bit of an explanation sometime earlier this year, and I typed up some really long drawn out response about how I got into it, why I do it, etc. It's in AG if you want to go searching for it, it's it's own topic. But if you want the short version, I really do it because of their fans. Their fans are really like a big family, in that thousands of people do this whole international thing, and no matter where you go in the world, you'll be surrounded by people you know from every country you can imagine. The whole being on the road with all your friends aspect is so much fun - it's difficult to compare it to anything else. It's also a great excuse to go to a country (Hell, even a state) I might never go to otherwise. I love being able to get out and see the world, and being able to see my favorite band and share that experience with some great friends is a great reason to.

In terms of what I see in the band itself that's so attractive, I won't bore you with all the stuff about "they're such good songwriters, they have a great stage show, blah, blah, blah". The thing that really does it for me is you can see them play to 65,000 people, yet the show always still feels intimate. The band still connects with the crowd like they're playing to a couple hundred people in a tiny club, but they still manage to have that larger than life show that allows them to play stadiums and headline any festival - there's absolutely no other band that can pull that off.

It's a very tough thing to explain if you haven't experienced it. The first time I went all out for Maiden I thought it'd be a once in a lifetime thing, seeing them 7 times in one year. Nowadays, I can't imagine doing just one or two gigs. It really becomes a lifestyle; the traveling, the camaraderie,the music - everything about it is just so much fun. I know this type of thing isn't for everybody, but I absolutely love doing it :shrugs: