Your concerts in 2013

Powerage5

Went to the DC101 Chili-cookoff concert yesterday in Washington, DC, where Soundgarden was headlining. The whole day was great and all of the bands were throrougly enjoyable, but AWOLNATION and Soundgarden were the best. The whole day was insane, to say the least. I've never seen so much crowd surfing in my entire life. During AWOL's set, I'm pretty sure within the first 3 songs there was over 100 crowd-surfs, just from my side. It was nuts. They put on an amazing show too, and the lead singer is great. He even came into the crown during Sail and tried to crowd surf on a boogie-board. On our side it didn't work well and he just ended up body-crowd surfing, which was still cool. He wasn't in any rush to get out, and when the security was asking if he wanted help getting out, he was pretty much like "Sure". He honestly didn't care :lol: It worked a lot better when he went to the other side though, and he was actually able to stand up.

397827_10151480200598692_380273293_n.jpg

A number of people dipped out after AWOL though, so I thought it might clear up just enough to give us a little more space and breathing room, but I don't know what I was thinking, because it only got worse when Soundgarden came out. I had hundreds of pounds of pressure just pushing on me throughout the whole set. I thought my back was going to explode. It was great, though, and I was even lucky enough to get Chris' guitar pick. It was a shortened set due to the festival-like setting, but it was awesome, because they ended with Slaves & Bulldozers, but I personally haven't seen them do since the first time I saw them back in 2011. It was amazing and as usual, they fucking rocked.

All in all, crazy, amazing, fun day. Here are some pro-shots from the radio station that you can see me in :awesomeface:

8x21c8.jpg

53v5ut.jpg

hs27wh.jpg

Generic white top as ever ;)

2013-04-30 - How To Destroy Angels | Silver Spring, MD

2013-05-03 - Soundgarden | Atlantic City, NJ

2013-05-04 - Soundgarden and AWOLNATION | Washington, DC [DC101 Chili Cookoff]

2013-06-08 - Guns N' Roses | New York City, NY [Governor's Ball]

2013-06-18 - The Rolling Stones | Philadelphia, PA
2013-06-21 - The Rolling Stones | Philadelphia, PA

2013-08-02 - Black Sabbath | Bristow, VA

2013-08-04 - Black Sabbath | Holmdel, NJ

2013-08-10 - Black Sabbath | Philadelphia, PA

2013-08-31 - Nine Inch Nails | Philadelphia, PA [Made In America Festival]

My updated list. Going to try to get tickets for the Stones' DC gig, and still thinking about Mayhem in Scranton to catch Zombie on his way around.

6/16/2013 - Everclear, Live, Filter and Sponge - Jim Thorpe, PA

8/04/2013 - The Dillinger Escape Plan, Periphery, and Animals As Leaders - Philadelphia, PA

8/09/2013 - Rockstar UPROAR Festival [Coheed and Cambria, Circa Survive, Alice in Chains, and Jane's Addiction] - Scranton, PA

I'm only going to the Everclear show for Filter, before anyone knocks me too hard. And the Uproar show is a bit iffy because I may or may not have a ride, but at $15 I couldn't pass a lineup like that up (I saw Coheed and Circa both back in March and would love to repeat the experience).

Edited by chevelle

I went and saw Motley Crue last night. I'm not the biggest fan (I do know most of their hits), but I gotta say, they definitely put on a great fucking show!

I found Mick Mars pretty creepy and noticed how he didn't look very agile up there. I looked it up and found out the guys has had serious arthritis problems in his spine, and was diagnosed with scoliosis. Christ, that's gotta be tough to deal with as a musician. It doesn't help that a few days ago, a fan rushed the stage and knocked him down.

Vince is still in pretty good shape. His voice was fantastic. Nikki Sixx brings a lot of energy. Tommy Lee...fuck he's awesome. He did his roller coaster upside-down drum solo and actually picked someone out from the crowd to take a ride with him.

The dancing go-go girls were a nice fit as well. At first I thought it was stupid, but it was actually done in a pretty tasteful way and wasn't trashy at all. The girls were hot as hell and some of the shit they did was pretty crazy

I went and saw Motley Crue last night. I'm not the biggest fan (I do know most of their hits), but I gotta say, they definitely put on a great fucking show!

I found Mick Mars pretty creepy and noticed how he didn't look very agile up there. I looked it up and found out the guys has had serious arthritis problems in his spine, and was diagnosed with scoliosis. Christ, that's gotta be tough to deal with as a musician. It doesn't help that a few days ago, a fan rushed the stage and knocked him down.

Vince is still in pretty good shape. His voice was fantastic. Nikki Sixx brings a lot of energy. Tommy Lee...fuck he's awesome. He did his roller coaster upside-down drum solo and actually picked someone out from the crowd to take a ride with him.

The dancing go-go girls were a nice fit as well. At first I thought it was stupid, but it was actually done in a pretty tasteful way and wasn't trashy at all. The girls were hot as hell and some of the shit they did was pretty crazy

:blink:

I love Motley, but just no. Vince is the shittiest live singer of all time. Still, excited to see them again in a couple weeks.

I love Motley, but just no. Vince is the shittiest live singer of all time. Still, excited to see them again in a couple weeks.

:lol: I thought the same thing as soon as I read that line. I saw Motley on April 22 though, his voice was better than the last time I saw them (2010) but it was still..... Vince.....

:lol: I thought the same thing as soon as I read that line. I saw Motley on April 22 though, his voice was better than the last time I saw them (2010) but it was still..... Vince.....

Better than 2010? That sounds promising (relatively speaking), since the gig I saw in 2010 was the best I've seen Vince I'd say.

Better than 2010? That sounds promising (relatively speaking), since the gig I saw in 2010 was the best I've seen Vince I'd say.

well, like I said, I'm not the biggest fan. The venue that I saw them perform at does not have very good acoustics (one of the worst). However, out of all of the shows I've seen there, I can say that this one definitely sounded the best. It was the first show that I could actually understand and make out every word the singer said. Personally, I thought he sounded pretty good and definitely put on a good show. I was even talking to someone who seemed to be a big MC fan, and he actually made the comment "Vince actually sounds pretty good tonight"

Now that I think of it I'm pretty sure the 2010 show I saw was the first one of the year, that probably contributed :lol:

Didn't you see Crue Fest 2? I thought he sounded his best on that tour.

Now that I think of it I'm pretty sure the 2010 show I saw was the first one of the year, that probably contributed :lol:

Didn't you see Crue Fest 2? I thought he sounded his best on that tour.

Saw the first and last show of Crüe Fest 2, Vince was surprisingly strong both nights. But he killed it at Sonisphere Sweden in 2010. He sounded just a bit better, and the Swedish crowd gives that the edge as my favorite Mötley gig.

Ended up not going to the Soundgarden gig tonight. It's a 3 hour drive and I woke up late this morning, had no one to go with, and work tomorrow. It sucks paying for the ticket and not going, but I've been lucky enough to see them 3 times this year so far, so I'll survive I suppose.

Ended up not going to the Soundgarden gig tonight. It's a 3 hour drive and I woke up late this morning, had no one to go with, and work tomorrow. It sucks paying for the ticket and not going, but I've been lucky enough to see them 3 times this year so far, so I'll survive I suppose.

So of course i don't go to this show and they play 27 songs, including a cover song and a ton of other songs I haven't seen live. Ugh. Hate that feeling :(

Keith Morris' incarnation of Black Flag is playing on the day of the Montibello Rockfest I'm going to and they're playing a headlining gig in Buffalo a couple days before...stoked to see Black Flag twice! :D

Anthrax, Alice Cooper, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, and Black Flag all on the same day is gonna be incredible!