Your concerts in 2013

Powerage5

I'm driving to see The Lone Bellow in Baltimore on November 15th, seeing them again a week later back in Detroit. Other than that, the only thing on the horizon right now is a comedy show (Anthony Jeselnik)

they were pretty good live

I've seen them twice before here in Michigan and absolutely loved them both times.

Just back from Mayer Hawthorne (right by where I work, walked there at the end of my work day), funkiest gig I've ever been to:

1394154_10100182409472122_565259998_n.jp

Thanks for the recommendation, Powerage and Russ!

Avenged Sevenfold on Tuesday. I'm excited, just wish they played longer than an hour and a half usually.

They were the highlight for me at Rock in Rio. Shepherd of. Fire is a hell of a opener and This Means War was fucking epic at Rock in Rio (fireworks!).

You're welcome! You're still a step ahead of me as I still haven't had the chance to see him live. Such a bummer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On my way to NJ for Alice Cooper, scored 3rd row tickets at the last minute. Then I've got The a Cult in Buffalo in December, and 3 Mighty Mighty Bosstones gigs in Boston between Christmas and New Years. That'll be my highlight of the year (Besides Maiden of course)!!! ^_^

How do you afford to lead this life of basically, concerts?

Spend all my money on it basically. My Europe trip this year I was able to afford because is been saving up for over two years to student teach in Australia for 4 months, and it fell through at the last minute when they weren't able to secure me a placement. When you take a trip of that magnitude out of the equation, it's not as bad as you'd think.

• 2 weeks later...

FortarockXL - Rammstein, Airbourne, Motorhead, Volbeat, Finntroll, Opeth etc. - 01/06/2013: Volbeat was boring, the sound was horrible at Finntroll, Airbourne was fun, Opeth was good but too short. At the Motörhead set you could see that lemmy was not well and the sound was too low. Rammstein was awesome.
Whitesnake - 19/06/2013 Was ok. Coverdale is getting old, though.
The Black Crowes - 25/06/2013 Amazing concert. Enjoyed every minute of it. Will definitely go again next time they are around.
Iron Maiden - 28/06/2013 Great, great concert. First time maiden.
The Wall - Roger Waters - 20/07/2013 Not a concert, but an experience.
Monster Magnet, Deep Purple and Alice Cooper - 06/08/2013 All bands were great.
Alter Bridge - Halestorm - 25/10/2013 Halestorm was OK, but Alter Bridge surprised me. Great live band.

Airbourne + Black Spiders + Bombus + Corroded - 24/11/2013
Black Sabbath - 28/11/2013

Monster Magnet - 12/02/2014

Edited by st0n3r

Were Alter Bridge opening for Halestorm? Surprised if that's the case. I'm not a huge AB fan but they're a bigger name than Halestorm. Got to see Tremonti open for Slash & Myles, then join them onstage for Rise Today, pretty cool.

I was working at Starbucks at the time and one of my coworkers got to serve Tremonti and his family, shame I wasn't on a shift then :/

Edited by Amir

Got tickets to see Elton John next month in Detroit! Pretty excited, I have never seen him before

I saw him in Feb '11, I've never been a huge fan but had heard he put on great shows and knew a handful of songs. I was pleasantly surprised, it was an awesome show, around 3 hours. I think the only shitty part about the show was the cost of the tickets...

Have fun at the show!

The Black Crowes - 25/06/2013 Amazing concert. Enjoyed every minute of it. Will definitely go again next time they are around.

Saw them around the same time and agree 100%. Just a great rock n roll show.

Just caught Pearl Jam a few nights ago, they can still bring it. All the songs from LB sound good live. The classics still sound fresh. They covered All Along the Watchtower which was surprisingly good. Mike McCready doesn't get near enough credit, he's great.

Saw them around the same time and agree 100%. Just a great rock n roll show.
Saw them in July in Paradiso, Amsterdam. Absolutely amazing gig!
  • Like 1

Finally going to see Protest the Hero in December, after being a fan of theirs for five years. I'm a bit miffed that their bassist is missing the tour, and their original drummer left the band, but fuck it, I followed nuGuns for years so I can't complain about line up changes.

Hopefully gonna pick up tickets today for a show in December: Monster Truck & Walking Papers at the commodore ballroom :D

Canadians, check out Monster Trucks tour dates! They're an awesome, straight up rock n' roll band, Duffs band is touring with them, and tickets are cheap! Get on it! :P

Dude, Walking Papers were awesome when I saw them! Absolutely fantastic.

Sadly I missed Monster Truck when they were opening for Slash at a gig, I got there late =(

Hopefully gonna pick up tickets today for a show in December: Monster Truck & Walking Papers at the commodore ballroom :D

Canadians, check out Monster Trucks tour dates! They're an awesome, straight up rock n' roll band, Duffs band is touring with them, and tickets are cheap! Get on it! :P

Dude, Walking Papers were awesome when I saw them! Absolutely fantastic.

Sadly I missed Monster Truck when they were opening for Slash at a gig, I got there late =(

I just ordered my tickets, I'm stoked as hell! :D

I've heard good things about Walking Papers, seen a few live clips and liked it but haven't gotten around to listening to their album - hopefully I'll be able to pick it up at the show. (Did I read Duff only plays on like 3 tracks though or am I mis-remembering?) And sorry, but you missed out by not catching Monster Truck, I imagine they would've fit in perfectly at a Slash gig. Catch them next time you get a chance!

I'm debating flying to Minneapolis next month for 4 Tower Of Power shows. It's actually the same price as driving to Canada for 2 shows in January since their tickets are so much there, and their current singer (My favorite singer they've ever had) is leaving at the end of the year.