Can anyone explain the royalites on AFD or UYI ?

Carlos Castaneda

I often see on this forum that Axl has enough money off the AFD royalties to live comfortably until he dies. I know royalties are a complicated mess, furthermore I know an artist only makes a nominal fee for record sales. Can anyone explain how much Axl might actually make off the album royalties, or is it just an overused statement on the these forums? MSL, surely you can create a formula to bring me some undertsanding of how accurate it is when a poster states that Axl should be fine for life off AFD. Does anyone here understand such things directly without sourcing a link?

I often see on this forum that Axl has enough money off the AFD royalties to live comfortably until he dies. I know royalties are a complicated mess, furthermore I know an artist only makes a nominal fee for record sales. Can anyone explain how much Axl might actually make off the album royalties, or is it just an overused statement on the these forums? MSL, surely you can create a formula to bring me some undertsanding of how accurate it is when a poster states that Axl should be fine for life off AFD. Does anyone here understand such things directly without sourcing a link?

MSL doesn't post here anymore.