Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Slash Themed Pawn Stars Episode To Air Tonight

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,957 posts
  • 12-December 08
I read Rick's book a couple of months ago, pretty interesting how they were able to get the shop up and running in Vegas, and the changes they've had to make with the success of the show. He mentioned some really interesting things that came through their shop that wouldn't happen anywhere else. He brought up it was in a sketchy section of Vegas, and that most of the guys on the show can't work in the shop anymore, but will pose with fans, or it has to be a really interesting item for Rick and his dad to come out.

Some people go on the show just to get the stuff appraised on TV.

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,957 posts
  • 12-December 08

Is there a pic of it anywhere?

http://fbcdn-sphotos...669084010_n.jpg

Just being honest. This does absolutley nothing for me.

It's a novelty item.

Unless it's someting connecting him with his craft, or GnR in general I'm not sure why anyone would want this, or even be into this sorta thing in general.

I mean, I have seen some of Mickey Mantle's credit cards go for thousands. I just don't get the allure I guess.

...and this is coming from a guy who actively collects memorabilia too.

How much do people usually charge for appraising?

Slash had a bunch of stuff auctioned - I'm sure some things went for big money, and some things they couldn't give away. The t-shirts worn at shows must've gone pretty fast because they're always in demand and people will pay hundreds for an original. One worn by Slash at a GNR concert would be worth more to someone than his ID card.

Saltzy

Saltzy

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • 17-November 11

Is there a pic of it anywhere?

http://fbcdn-sphotos...669084010_n.jpg

Just being honest. This does absolutley nothing for me.

It's a novelty item.

Unless it's someting connecting him with his craft, or GnR in general I'm not sure why anyone would want this, or even be into this sorta thing in general.

I mean, I have seen some of Mickey Mantle's credit cards go for thousands. I just don't get the allure I guess.

...and this is coming from a guy who actively collects memorabilia too.

How much do people usually charge for appraising?

Slash had a bunch of stuff auctioned - I'm sure some things went for big money, and some things they couldn't give away. The t-shirts worn at shows must've gone pretty fast because they're always in demand and people will pay hundreds for an original. One worn by Slash at a GNR concert would be worth more to someone than his ID card.

The easiest way to determine how much something is actually worth these days?

An ebay auction with an absurdly high reserve price that has no realistic chance of ever being met.

I've done it a few times. Costs you a few bucks, but works like a charm.
'Old at heart, but I'm only 36.'

drtydane

drtydane

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,497 posts
  • 15-February 06
Slash only weighed 150 in 95? I would have thought he had weighed more. The guy say how he obtained it?
"Life is all about Guns n' Roses. Bittersweet like friends n' foeses. Some get left behind, some get chosen. Just like life, Guns n' Roses..."
Jay-Z Feat. Lenny Kravitz

Saltzy

Saltzy

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • 17-November 11

Slash only weighed 150 in 95? I would have thought he had weighed more. The guy say how he obtained it?

Yeah, some chick he knew worked a bar that the band was at one time. They kept asking her to flash them. Eventually she broke down and did, and as a reward, for some reason Slash tossed her his license. The guy said he used the licencse as his fake ID until he was 21, which is pretty cool.

Either way, if this this sold for $4,700, the guy is living in an alternate reality if he thinks his fucking license is worth over $50,000.

http://www.juliensli...from/find-lots/
'Old at heart, but I'm only 36.'

jmapelian

jmapelian

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts
  • 22-February 06
There's a sucker born every minute

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users