Steven's new record

recklessroad

Don't Like it. Some good riffs, and Steven is ok on it, but everything else is bad, the tone, the structures, lyrics...even the cover is ugly.

Funny when Steven said this before :

Classic Rock Revisited: Is this album better than "Chinese Democracy"?

Steven: Of course it is. Can you name one song off of that album? Within one day of this record coming out, you're going to know the names of every song.

Edited by Silent Jay

He is correct about nobody knowing the songs off cd. He is incorrect that people will remember the songs of his record. None of the gnr members have been in that position since uyi(with the possible exception of Fall to Pieces and Slither).

Fact that people don`t know names of CD songs does n`t mean anything I`m not surprised Chinese is n`t catchy commercial and easily listenable average joe only wants to hear simple catchy tunes it takes time to digest it but once it grows on you it`s fucking spectecular you explore something new after every listen very few make music like Chinese Democracy

Edited by Son of a Guns

It's so funny (at the same time depressing) that on each solo record (Izzy, Velvet's, Steve's, and Axl's) you hear the pieces that made up Appetite/Lies/UYI. You'd be a moron to not believe if they were locked in a room for 2 weeks, they would write a phenomenal record together.

• Like 1

It's so funny (at the same time depressing) that on each solo record (Izzy, Velvet's, Steve's, and Axl's) you hear the pieces that made up Appetite/Lies/UYI. You'd be a moron to not believe if they were locked in a room for 2 weeks, they would write a phenomenal record together.

I just think they needed a longer break from each other. I could see Slash just being tired of Axl after a decade, and vice versa. The not knowing where to take the band - Axl prob. should've been working with other people the way Slash, Matt, and Duff were, but the courtroom issues were prob. heavy on his mind. Axl could've just said "I'm just not into this" and just did the "Burning Hills" fax sooner.

And I do like Adler's new CD.

Edited by dalsh327

I actually liked the singles Adler released under Adler's Appetite. "Alive" is a killer track.

I gotta listen to this new record more. My first impression wasn't that good. Adler's drummer ... I'm always a fan. I saw him out in a suburb of Chicago earlier this year playing Appetite tracks and he was awesome.

I think on this new record, I'm not keen on the singer. But it's good seeing Adler making new music. I'll scoop this up.