Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

i don't get the Myles love....

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: i don't get the Myles love.... (50 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is the best singer Slash has worked with since 1994?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,662 posts
  • 30-March 06
I don't really get the Myles Kennedy love. His voice reminds me of Axl's today, Mickey Mouse-esque, except with power. It's...blech. It's not really a bluesy or powerful voice or anything. And the work he and Slash have made today is WAY too modern and generic sounding. I liked Scott's voice but it had a lot more power and dynamics in the STP days and unless Slash radically changed his approach, we'd probably get another Libertad if they worked together again.

I think Rod Jackson worked the best with Slash since Axl and I feel that the second Snakepit album is Slash's last great work. If THAT album had had Duff and Matt on bass and drums, and Slash used Fall to Pieces on that, it could've been the best album by any ex-Gunner.

Anyone else agree that Rod Jackson is the best vocalist Slash has worked with post 1994?

Edited by Vincent Vega, 27 November 2012 - 12:34 PM.

-Member formerly known as Mr. Miser/Honky Chateau/Memnoch the Devil/Indigo Child/Clark Gable/Virgil Caine-
GUNS N' ROSES = AXL, SLASH, IZZY, DUFF, STEVEN

MB.

MB.

SUPER GOD

• SILVER Supporter
  • 3,724 posts
  • 15-December 08
I agree.
Not only the voice, but also stage presence. Scot Weiland is very good as well. But my vote goes to Rod.

Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 12,662 posts
  • 30-March 06

I agree.
Not only the voice, but also stage presence. Scot Weiland is very good as well. But my vote goes to Rod.

Imagine if you had a band with Rod on vocals, and Slash, Gilby, Matt and Teddy Zigzag on honky tonk piano...Would be the fucking ultimate thing! Have Steven guest on a track or two, too, for good measure, and have Izzy co-write the songs (with Gilby writing too and touring). That'd be the best GN'R related thing since 1991. It'd fucking rock! I'd love nothing more than if Slash returned to his bluesy roots, the kind of sound on the Snakepit albums, with Rod and Duff, Gilby/Izzy and Matt. Add in Teddy ZigZag for that Stonesy sort of honky tonk piano shadowing.

Get Mike Clink at the producer table again and you have the REAL next GN'R album.

Edited by Vincent Vega, 27 November 2012 - 12:41 PM.

-Member formerly known as Mr. Miser/Honky Chateau/Memnoch the Devil/Indigo Child/Clark Gable/Virgil Caine-
GUNS N' ROSES = AXL, SLASH, IZZY, DUFF, STEVEN

moreblack

moreblack

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 30,567 posts
  • 03-April 03
As much as I dig the VR stuff, Weiland's not even in the running for best singer. Eric's voice was very raw, but I can only listen to him in limited doses, which is fine since he only made the one album with Slash, Rod's voice was good in the studio, but kind of loose/limited live, he did jump around a lot though.

“To the ones who are negative and want to see either myself or the new band fall on their faces, personally I can’t pass up an opportunity to upset so many of them in one quick swoop. I get misty-eyed just thinking about it."

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,648 posts
  • 09-March 08
weiland

but i agree about myles voice it irritates me.

Edited by bran, 28 November 2012 - 04:50 PM.

insomnium_zps2978907e.jpg

"We're nothing more than shadows

Glimmers of hope against the black sky"

volcano62

volcano62

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 11,728 posts
  • 16-February 09

wieland

but i agree about myles voice it irritates me.

SONOFABITCH

SONOFABITCH

Now You're Messin' With A....

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts
  • 11-April 05
Weiland first, Myles seconds.

powerwave

powerwave

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • 01-October 12
Scott sounds good on the albums but sometimes he was awful live (especially right before the band broke up). Myles sounds amazing live. I hated Rod Jackson, and I thought Ain't Life Grand was mainly awful as a finished product, although Slash wrote some cool bits and pieces.

Edited by powerwave, 27 November 2012 - 02:04 PM.

Bruno P.

Bruno P.

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,669 posts
  • 10-October 07
Weiland. Myles is a better singer but Weiland's work in VR surpasses Myles' w/ Slash by a long shot.

Edited by Bruno Poeys, 28 November 2012 - 08:31 AM.

"When the whole world looks at me they see some other guy
Doesn't matter what I say, they all made up their minds
I didn't like it then, and I still don't like it now
But I find the strength to smile somehow"

jekylhyde

jekylhyde

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • 07-August 05

Myles is a better singer but Weiland's work in VR surpasses Myles' w/ Slash by a long shot.

This!

Myles gets boring so fast. Used to like him, but I can't stand his yodeling anymore. I've never gotten bored to listen Scott.
My instrumental/alternative metal -project:
facebook.com/acidasylum
myspace.com/acidasylum1
mikseri.net/acidasylum

Legendador

Legendador

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • 30-January 08
I Agree!

I like Eric Dover's voice, specially in "Good To Be Alive", but in live shows his singing was way out of tune.

Anonymity

Anonymity

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • 10-January 10
Weiland by far. I can stand Myles on some songs, but he doesn't really get close to Scott.
2010 - GNR @Belgrade
2010 - Iron Maiden @Cluj-Napoca
2011 - Scorpions @Cluj-Napoca
2012 - GNR @Bucharest

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

SPACE TRAVELLER

• Members
  • 6,691 posts
  • 28-April 11
Technically it's Myles but I LOVE Rod's voice.

Sig2_zpsf82904fb.png

MB.

MB.

SUPER GOD

• SILVER Supporter
  • 3,724 posts
  • 15-December 08

As much as I dig the VR stuff, Weiland's not even in the running for best singer. Eric's voice was very raw, but I can only listen to him in limited doses, which is fine since he only made the one album with Slash, Rod's voice was good in the studio, but kind of loose/limited live, he did jump around a lot though.

But Rod had that Axl thing going on, when seeing live, you don't notice the voice that much. He was awesome with Slash, one of the best concerts I ever went to!
I loved the combination with Slash, it was a good fit. But he did kind of outstage Slash, though. And I think, Slash doesn't really like that.
(That's not meant as bashing by the way, I love Slash)

Edited by MBRose, 27 November 2012 - 03:22 PM.

Bruno P.

Bruno P.

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,669 posts
  • 10-October 07

Myles is a better singer but Weiland's work in VR surpasses Myles' w/ Slash by a long shot.

This!

Myles gets boring so fast. Used to like him, but I can't stand his yodeling anymore. I've never gotten bored to listen Scott.

Same here. I like Myles' work in Alter Bridge so I thought that I'd love his work w/ Slash, but no.

"When the whole world looks at me they see some other guy
Doesn't matter what I say, they all made up their minds
I didn't like it then, and I still don't like it now
But I find the strength to smile somehow"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users