i don't get the Myles love....

Vincent Vega

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't really get the Myles Kennedy love. His voice reminds me of Axl's today, Mickey Mouse-esque, except with power. It's...blech. It's not really a bluesy or powerful voice or anything. And the work he and Slash have made today is WAY too modern and generic sounding. I liked Scott's voice but it had a lot more power and dynamics in the STP days and unless Slash radically changed his approach, we'd probably get another Libertad if they worked together again.

I think Rod Jackson worked the best with Slash since Axl and I feel that the second Snakepit album is Slash's last great work. If THAT album had had Duff and Matt on bass and drums, and Slash used Fall to Pieces on that, it could've been the best album by any ex-Gunner.

Anyone else agree that Rod Jackson is the best vocalist Slash has worked with post 1994?

Edited by Vincent Vega

I agree.

Not only the voice, but also stage presence. Scot Weiland is very good as well. But my vote goes to Rod.

Imagine if you had a band with Rod on vocals, and Slash, Gilby, Matt and Teddy Zigzag on honky tonk piano...Would be the fucking ultimate thing! Have Steven guest on a track or two, too, for good measure, and have Izzy co-write the songs (with Gilby writing too and touring). That'd be the best GN'R related thing since 1991. It'd fucking rock! I'd love nothing more than if Slash returned to his bluesy roots, the kind of sound on the Snakepit albums, with Rod and Duff, Gilby/Izzy and Matt. Add in Teddy ZigZag for that Stonesy sort of honky tonk piano shadowing.

Get Mike Clink at the producer table again and you have the REAL next GN'R album.

Edited by Vincent Vega

As much as I dig the VR stuff, Weiland's not even in the running for best singer. Eric's voice was very raw, but I can only listen to him in limited doses, which is fine since he only made the one album with Slash, Rod's voice was good in the studio, but kind of loose/limited live, he did jump around a lot though.

Scott sounds good on the albums but sometimes he was awful live (especially right before the band broke up). Myles sounds amazing live. I hated Rod Jackson, and I thought Ain't Life Grand was mainly awful as a finished product, although Slash wrote some cool bits and pieces.

Edited by powerwave

Myles is a better singer but Weiland's work in VR surpasses Myles' w/ Slash by a long shot.

This!

Myles gets boring so fast. Used to like him, but I can't stand his yodeling anymore. I've never gotten bored to listen Scott.

As much as I dig the VR stuff, Weiland's not even in the running for best singer. Eric's voice was very raw, but I can only listen to him in limited doses, which is fine since he only made the one album with Slash, Rod's voice was good in the studio, but kind of loose/limited live, he did jump around a lot though.

But Rod had that Axl thing going on, when seeing live, you don't notice the voice that much. He was awesome with Slash, one of the best concerts I ever went to!

I loved the combination with Slash, it was a good fit. But he did kind of outstage Slash, though. And I think, Slash doesn't really like that.

(That's not meant as bashing by the way, I love Slash)

Edited by MBRose

Myles is a better singer but Weiland's work in VR surpasses Myles' w/ Slash by a long shot.

This!

Myles gets boring so fast. Used to like him, but I can't stand his yodeling anymore. I've never gotten bored to listen Scott.

Same here. I like Myles' work in Alter Bridge so I thought that I'd love his work w/ Slash, but no.

i say Wieland is the better singer simply because he has a career before slash and well the other guys have nothing to really distinguish themselves other than being Slash's singer. I like the work they did tho but I never really got into them other than again just wanting to listen to new music from Slash. I really dig some songs by STP so that basically made choose Wieland and an added plus is that VR is slightly better than the other stuff Slash created imo.