i don't get the Myles love....

Vincent Vega

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Eric Dover's got a cool voice but for the melodies he's not the best...

Rod Jackson has a powerful voice but he's kind of annoying in live shows (from what I saw on videos at least)

Weiland can come up with good melodies, good lyrics, sounds good in studio... but live he fails to deliver everytime... sometimes he just sounds awful..

Myles has a good voice, in and out of studio, I find him charismatic, good look, good lyricist, can create good melodies, delivers every show. He could be a little more energetic on stage but I like his performances nonetheless.

My vote is for Myles.

I was surprised that Myles was talked up so much by Jimmy Page for the Led Zep thing. I always found his voice a bit character-less.

Weiland of course is the real deal. I prefer the first Snakepit record to the Slash and Myles record but I don't know whether that's more because of Slash's guitar work. Rod Jackson I can take or leave.

I don't think Myles is much of a frontman either. Too nice for me. He points with every move he makes. He does always sound good on the videos I have seen though. The only problem for me is that him sounding good doesn't resonate much with me. It neither stands out as good or bad. His voice is just there. Sometimes it's pretty irritating too when he wails.

Yeah, Weiland sounded weak sometimes (on videos, I caught them a bunch and never noticed to be honest) but he managed to be the main man on the same stage with the old GNR guys and I doubt there is many that could have managed that.

VR were menacing. That first tour they were out for the kill. Slash shows now are kind of a celebration of 'hey, remember how many good songs Slash has played on?'. I mean, I enjoyed the show I saw and it's always great to see Slash play those tunes, but I'm under no illusion that that is what I'm there for. A sing a long and to watch Slash solo. Myles encourages it. He can't help himself with leading singalongs. That's fun and all but it's not exactly what I'm after.

Myles is a gift for Slash in that regard though. Slash can pick out anything he wants (except for anything with some balls like Jungle or Crazy or Alibi, where Todd takes over) and he knows Myles can cover it.

Dover always looked a bit awkward on stage (but I did like those acoustic things he did with Slash loads). Jackson to me always just seemed over-excitable and out of his depth. Weiland is the only guy who managed to take it beyond that. Of course, the rest of the guys in the band made it not just about Slash too, but Weiland wasn't overshadowed by the band and I'll always respect him for that.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Yeah, I always thought Myles sounded really bland and like any generic modern rock singer that you can hear on the radio. Not my cup of tea at all.

Voted Weiland. I love Velvet Revolver.