Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

i don't get the Myles love....

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: i don't get the Myles love.... (50 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is the best singer Slash has worked with since 1994?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

jmapelian

jmapelian

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,452 posts
  • 22-February 06
Myles is by far the best live singer slash has worked with.....brings every fucking night

sleeper

sleeper

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts
  • 14-December 08

Myles is by far the best live singer slash has worked with.....brings every fucking night

Agreed and he does not have one ounce of LSD! I like Scott also but he is a total mess.

Kill Devil Hill

Kill Devil Hill

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • 14-July 11
Myles doesn't get nearly the amount of credit he deserves. Is he the best fit with Slash? Hell no, but that doesn't take anything away from his amazing voice.

Just listen to some of his best vocal moments:

:heart:

In regards to Slash, I read a desperate fan's message about, what if one of us were to die and looking back I had the possibility of a reunion now, blah blah blah. And my thoughts are, "Yeah, and while you're at the show your baby accidentally kicks a candle and burns your house down, killing himself and the rest of your family."

Babooshka

Babooshka

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • 29-June 12
What's Rod up to nowadays? He was the best, that whole album is so good.

I think Slash prefers his singers to be high pitched and pretty tbh, wasn't he championing Gnecco for VR?

jmapelian

jmapelian

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,452 posts
  • 22-February 06
what I really don't get is all the Myles hate on this forum, totally fucking baffling to me

Sunriders

Sunriders

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 19-July 11
Scott‘s voice is sexy,and he got talent on the lyrics,so VR's music is more succesful on the market.
Rod's voice is much more powerful,I love that too

victor.vFo

victor.vFo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • 29-January 11
I like them all. Myles voice is a bit boring on some of the studio versions of the songs, but he's awesome live, that matters a lot.
Posted Image

MEXzilla

MEXzilla

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • 16-May 12
Myles sounds like those 80s British singers, so yeah that to me says it all.

MEXzilla

MEXzilla

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • 16-May 12
i say Wieland is the better singer simply because he has a career before slash and well the other guys have nothing to really distinguish themselves other than being Slash's singer. I like the work they did tho but I never really got into them other than again just wanting to listen to new music from Slash. I really dig some songs by STP so that basically made choose Wieland and an added plus is that VR is slightly better than the other stuff Slash created imo.

The Real McCoy

The Real McCoy

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 5,628 posts
  • 14-February 11
I absolutely can't stand Myles. His voice is way too whiny. It's like nails on a chalkboard.

"I'm the original rock n' roll cliche, Gypsy, pirate, cowboy, You wouldn't last a minute in my boots, 'Cos baby, I'm the Real McCoy" - Hanoi Rocks

Kapitch_77

Kapitch_77

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts
  • 18-February 06
Eric Dover's got a cool voice but for the melodies he's not the best...

Rod Jackson has a powerful voice but he's kind of annoying in live shows (from what I saw on videos at least)

Weiland can come up with good melodies, good lyrics, sounds good in studio... but live he fails to deliver everytime... sometimes he just sounds awful..

Myles has a good voice, in and out of studio, I find him charismatic, good look, good lyricist, can create good melodies, delivers every show. He could be a little more energetic on stage but I like his performances nonetheless.

My vote is for Myles.

Chinaski

Chinaski

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • 14-January 12
I was surprised that Myles was talked up so much by Jimmy Page for the Led Zep thing. I always found his voice a bit character-less.

Weiland of course is the real deal. I prefer the first Snakepit record to the Slash and Myles record but I don't know whether that's more because of Slash's guitar work. Rod Jackson I can take or leave.

I don't think Myles is much of a frontman either. Too nice for me. He points with every move he makes. He does always sound good on the videos I have seen though. The only problem for me is that him sounding good doesn't resonate much with me. It neither stands out as good or bad. His voice is just there. Sometimes it's pretty irritating too when he wails.

Yeah, Weiland sounded weak sometimes (on videos, I caught them a bunch and never noticed to be honest) but he managed to be the main man on the same stage with the old GNR guys and I doubt there is many that could have managed that.

VR were menacing. That first tour they were out for the kill. Slash shows now are kind of a celebration of 'hey, remember how many good songs Slash has played on?'. I mean, I enjoyed the show I saw and it's always great to see Slash play those tunes, but I'm under no illusion that that is what I'm there for. A sing a long and to watch Slash solo. Myles encourages it. He can't help himself with leading singalongs. That's fun and all but it's not exactly what I'm after.

Myles is a gift for Slash in that regard though. Slash can pick out anything he wants (except for anything with some balls like Jungle or Crazy or Alibi, where Todd takes over) and he knows Myles can cover it.

Dover always looked a bit awkward on stage (but I did like those acoustic things he did with Slash loads). Jackson to me always just seemed over-excitable and out of his depth. Weiland is the only guy who managed to take it beyond that. Of course, the rest of the guys in the band made it not just about Slash too, but Weiland wasn't overshadowed by the band and I'll always respect him for that.

pmue.png

moreblack

moreblack

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,681 posts
  • 03-April 03

Myles is a gift for Slash in that regard though. Slash can pick out anything he wants (except for anything with some balls like Jungle or Crazy or Alibi, where Todd takes over) and he knows Myles can cover it.

I would even put Todd above the two Snakepit singers.

“To the ones who are negative and want to see either myself or the new band fall on their faces, personally I can’t pass up an opportunity to upset so many of them in one quick swoop. I get misty-eyed just thinking about it."

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• SILVER
  • 14,772 posts
  • 28-January 11
Rod and Eric. I love both Snakepit records.

Posted Image

Goddamn it! Fuckin' Game of Thrones, man.

Powerage5

Powerage5

2013 Death Pool Champ

• MOD SQUAD
  • 15,669 posts
  • 17-February 06
Scott, by a country mile.

13978513873_30aa82e9a0_z.jpg

Hamilton '10 | Wilkes-Barre '11 | Hamilton '11 | New York '12 x2 | Buffalo '13 | Brooklyn '13 | New York '13 | Bethlehem '14 | Las Vegas '14 x3
MyGNR's official Iron Maiden fanatic! US x20 | Canada x7 | Sweden x4 | Norway x2 | Wales | N. Ireland | England x5 | Russia x2 | Finland | Romania | Turkey | Croatia | Poland | Luxembourg | France

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users