Anyone Else Felt This Way During the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame?

ChristmasFnatic

This is a topic that will never die, people will never want to stop talking about it even though there has been more time spent discussing it over the past year than any other subject in the history of GNR. That in itself is proof of how important it was to the fanbase for Axl to show up (Izzy & Dizzy obviously would have gone if Axl did).

• Like 1

I think every GNR fan felt saddened by how that night went down, other than 4 or 5 posters here who are completely delusional and/or cupcake accounts. Still, HV's point is valid - it would mean so much more if the guys worked shit out on their own behind closed doors, and really wanted to do it, rather than feeling like they were forced into it.

I still maintain Axl should have been there, at least to accept the award (performing was not something I expected to happen). I was very disappointed in Axl and especially with his letter. But at the end of the day, it was his decision to make, not ours.

My personal opinion with Izzy is that he doesn't care that much about this sort of thing, and decided not to go after Axl opted out, to sort of help diffuse the situation a little bit, plus had no interest in dealing with the other guys in this charged environment. If Axl had gone, I definitely think Izzy would have been there too.

I was at the Hall of Fame and there was such a buzz about Guns N Roses beind inducted

if Axl or Izzy had shown up, it would have been the greatest moment in Rock N Roll History

as it is, there was still a great buzz and energy when Slash and Duff and Steven/Matt were playing, but it was dampered by Axl and Izzy not being there

I was neutral on the whole Axl/Slash thing

and I have seen Axl and his New Guns N Roses about 5 or 6 times since he started touring in 2002

But after he did not show up and he wrote that dumb letter in the Los Angeles times

I will never spend another cent to see Axl and his "New" Guns N Roses ever again

+1

after that embarassing let-down from Axl @HOF (dont forget it was about last minute cancelling just 3 days before the event) there is a good portion of fans opting to NEVER spend only 1 Cent on Axl anymore. i've sold my show ticket immediately right after his open letter!

edit:

and i went to the Slash show a few months later and i really enjoyed it!

Edited by Lim666

Probably better off Axl didn't show. He is too unreliable vocally these days. Imagine he did show and deliver a Bridge School type performance. Next to the brilliance displayed by everyone else that night, particularly Steven and Slash, it would have only confirmed his status as a washed up singer to the rest of the world outside these forums, fitting in exactly with every other high profile event that he has blown for the best part of a decade now.

I'm more surprised and disappointed with Izzy. I fully expected Dizzy however to toe the bosses line, in keeping with his pattern over the years.

Axl really should have said he wasn't going to go earlier. However, it's the fans own fault for misinterpreting his "I don't want to ruin it for the fans" remark. I think if you read it in his context he's clearing saying it would be better from him to stay away from the induction.

"He thinks it’s mostly for fans. But he said it’s an honor and he talks about how he inducted Elton John, whom he loves. If it’s good enough for Elton, he said, it’s good enough for him.” ------- Eddie Trunk paraphrasing Axl's views on the HOF.

So induction into the RHOF was good enough for Axl last November, but it wasn't good enough for him just five months later? Don't think so ...

I don't understand why people keep saying stuff like "So many years" or keep talking about how long it's been since the breakup and how Axl can't get over it. According to ALL sources, including Axl himself, Axl is upset with Slash for what happened AFTER the breakup, the things that Slash said in the press, and probably continues to say. Axl was infuriated with Slash's book, that's only five years right there. Slash saying stuff like Axl wanted him to sign a contract or wanted to be a dictator like he did on Howard and Piers just a few months ago, that's bound to piss Axl off. So the stuff Axl is pissed off with Slash for is not only recent, it's pretty much ongoing.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

Are Slash`s fanboys still butthurt over HOF get over it for god`s sake give it a rest be happy your hero enjoyed his 15 minutes of spotlight there`s no chance in hell Axl would be part of thet circus

I think he was afraid of meeting Slash.

This made me chuckle or maybe on the contrary Slash was afraid of meeting Axl ? Axl is n`t scared of Slash he simply doesn`t give a flying fuck about him and if they ever meet each other it`ll end badly for Slash

Edited by Son of a Guns

Are Slash`s fanboys still butthurt over HOF get over it for god`s sake give it a rest be happy your hero enjoyed his 15 minutes of spotlight there`s no chance in hell Axl would be part of thet circus

This made me chuckle or maybe on the contrary Slash was afraid of meeting Axl ? Axl is n`t scared of Slash he simply doesn`t give a flying fuck about him and if they ever meet each other it`ll end badly for Slash

Hilarious. Go over to Canter Banter and ask Marc how much Axl doesn't give a "flying fuck" about Slash.

+1

after that embarassing let-down from Axl @HOF (dont forget it was about last minute cancelling just 3 days before the event) there is a good portion of fans opting to NEVER spend only 1 Cent on Axl anymore. i've sold my show ticket immediately right after his open letter!

edit:

and i went to the Slash show a few months later and i really enjoyed it!

Was that the Slash show with Fergie? Maybe, it was an event with Slash selling some product?

Get real man ... If GnR really means so much to you, then as a true fan, you need to find out why Axl is done with Slash.

Slash has said and done more to warrant any true GnR fan to not want to donate any more money to the products he is selling.

Hilarious. Go over to Canter Banter and ask Marc how much Axl doesn't give a "flying fuck" about Slash.

Yeah, go re-read what Cantor said about Slash being a LIAR who lies to make himself look *cool*. Go re-read about how Slash got all butt-hurt that Axl only liked 4 of his Snakepit songs. Go re-read about how Slash refused to work with on 4 songs for Chinese Democracy.

Axl gives as much "flying fuck" about Slash as a person wrongly accused by their ex-lover of abusing them.

All Axl wants is for Slash to clear his name. Slash needs to man-up and apologize for all the lies he has spread about Axl through the years in the media.

That is not too much to ask for is it?

Axl really should have said he wasn't going to go earlier. However, it's the fans own fault for misinterpreting his "I don't want to ruin it for the fans" remark. I think if you read it in his context he's clearing saying it would be better from him to stay away from the induction.

"He thinks it’s mostly for fans. But he said it’s an honor and he talks about how he inducted Elton John, whom he loves. If it’s good enough for Elton, he said, it’s good enough for him.” ------- Eddie Trunk paraphrasing Axl's views on the HOF.

So induction into the RHOF was good enough for Axl last November, but it wasn't good enough for him just five months later? Don't think so ...

FIVE MONTHS was plenty of time of Slash to man up and PUBLICLY apoligize to the fans for all the LIES he has spread through the years ... so that he and Axl could come together for the fans.

But then there was also the problem of the HOF charging $1200+ a seat eventhough they were to make millions off of the first ever old-GnR re-union. That's was a lopsided financial deal that any body with any integrity would have refused.

If there were to be a re-union, all the financial rewards should go to appropriate folks.

The circumstances were indeed different for Axl then they were for Elton John.

Edited by gnrfan2007

FIVE MONTHS was plenty of time of Slash to man up and PUBLICLY apoligize to the fans for all the LIES he has spread through the years ... so that he and Axl could come together for the fans.

But then there was also the problem of the HOF charging $1200+ a seat eventhough they were to make millions off of the first ever old-GnR re-union. That's was a lopsided financial deal that any body with any integrity would have refused.

If there were to be a re-union, all the financial rewards should go to appropriate folks.

The circumstances were indeed different for Axl then they were for Elton John.

a) According to Axl, right into April he was discussing/negotiating with the HOF what he wanted for him to attend. It's widely believed the negotiations had to do with him wanting his current bandmates inducted with him, or at least allowed to perform. So contrary to what you believe, Slash wasn't the sole reason or even the main reason why Axl didn't show up.

b) The HOF is a non-profit organization.

c) Floor seats at the induction cost $3,000 per person.

d) Financial rewards for the induction night reunion? It was a 5-hour ceremony with dozens of the biggest names in music (and others such as Chris Rock) appearing and performing, it was not all about GNR.

I think Axl didn't show up for 4 reasons:

1. Axl wasn't contacted by any of the former members asking for his presence.

2. Axl didn't receive any apologies or direct contact from Slash, the only member he hasn't spoken with in 16 years.

3. Axl heard Adler's comments about the cover band.

4. Axl wanted his piece of shit band to perform at the Rn'R Hall of Fame instead of the original line-up, they turned him down and he decided not to attend.

2. Axl didn't receive any apologies or direct contact from Slash, the only member he hasn't spoken with in 16 years.

4. Axl wanted his piece of shit band to perform at the Rn'R Hall of Fame instead of the original line-up, they turned him down and he decided not to attend.

Would the HOF have turned him down though? I don't think so. They allowed Blondie to perform with her new band, starting a shitstorm. Also, when VH was inducted VR played two songs, then Sammy got up and played one, so it's not like they couldn't have split the peformance. I think they would have agreed to that, but on the other hand I'm not sure if Axl himself would have agreed to it, he might have wanted the whole show.

Would the HOF have turned him down though? I don't think so. They allowed Blondie to perform with her new band, starting a shitstorm. Also, when VH was inducted VR played two songs, then Sammy got up and played one, so it's not like they couldn't have split the peformance. I think they would have agreed to that, but on the other hand I'm not sure if Axl himself would have agreed to it, he might have wanted the whole show.

No. Robbie Robertson and Paul Shaffer would've let Axl do what he wanted. Robbie had a similar situation in refusing to reunite with The Band because his falling out with Levon Helm rivaled Axl and Slash's, and it wasn't until Levon was almost gone that he went to visit him.

Everyone would respect it was Axl's band and, like Madonna or Black Sabbath, could say he wanted another band to perform the songs. I think Madonna brought The Stooges in because they weren't inducted.

VH was a case of Ed having a breakdown or relapse, and took action at getting help. Azoff has enough common sense to not push Eddie. David Lee Roth knew that if he went, to be standing with Sam would've made him look like a major asshole. Dave stuck by Ed and even though he was rumored to be in NY, opted not to go (or if he did, no one knew he was there).

My problem with the induction has to do with the lineup issues. Not acknowledging Chinese Democracy and some of the members that are a part of that album, was wrong on the Rock Hall's part. Maybe it wouldn't have changed Axl's mind, but I think it would've been harder for him to say no because he'd feel vindicated for his work.

They would've bent over backwards making sure he got everything he wanted, but it doesn't mean he'd be there, or be there on time.

I do think at some point he will do something connected to the Rock Hall. Roger Waters didn't attend the RRHOF induction, but he still did an exhibit for the museum.

"Not acknowledging Chinese Democracy and some of the members that are a part of that album, was wrong on the Rock Hall's part"

Acknowledge what? an album that for MOST people is most significant for it's wait. Which CD members should have been up there? Bucket? Huge? Finck?

No offense to anyone but, do people really believe CD is a a significant or even minor reason they got elected? I mean they prob would have gotten in on AFD alone. UYI just made it a home run. IF CD never came out though, does that make ANY difference?

I like the album, but come on?

"Not acknowledging Chinese Democracy and some of the members that are a part of that album, was wrong on the Rock Hall's part"

Acknowledge what? an album that for MOST people is most significant for it's wait. Which CD members should have been up there? Bucket? Huge? Finck?

No offense to anyone but, do people really believe CD is a a significant or even minor reason they got elected? I mean they prob would have gotten in on AFD alone. UYI just made it a home run. IF CD never came out though, does that make ANY difference?

I like the album, but come on?

True, but it's hypocritical considering the Hall inducted Trujillo.