Anyone Else Felt This Way During the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame?

ChristmasFnatic

Groghan learn to respect others opinions.

LOL......that's rich coming from you, buddy.

Disagreeing with somebody is different than not respecting their opinion.

I disagree with lots of people, but still respect their opinion.

I asked a couple pretty simple questions.

Why would you boycott a singer whose mere presence in your country made you instantly orgasm in your pants, just because he performed with a past band member?

Slash hasn't ever done anything personally to you - so why do you hate him so much?

Why do you let your opinions/emotions be shaped so much by a rock singer?

Simple questions. Your answers?

• Like 1

I love slash but if I was angry at him it would be for leaving GNR... And making a new band (VR) with most of the Ex-GNR members and still showing interest in playing GNR songs.

He delayed GNR's legacy and crippled the band, Axl is simple doing the best out of a bad situation by recreating the band and he's done a terrific job. Since Slash left, GNR will never be as famous as the UYI tour.

And for what? He left cause someone was dueling on his solo on a song that wasn't even released on an album. Maybe slash's ego got above himself. I have no clue why he signed over his part of the band to Axl though either. It just showed lack of interest in GNR, maybe that long tour made him hate the band I don't know. Certainly should have cut that tour down as it seemed to break the band being on the road to long.

Edited by Axl_morris

I love slash but if I was angry at him it would be for leaving GNR... And making a new band (VR) with most of the Ex-GNR members and still showing interest in playing GNR songs.

He delayed GNR's legacy and crippled the band, Axl is simple doing the best out of a bad situation by recreating the band and he's done a terrific job. Since Slash left, GNR will never be as famous as the UYI tour.

And for what? He left cause someone was dueling on his solo on a song that wasn't even released on an album. Maybe slash's ego got above himself. I have no clue why he signed over his part of the band to Axl though either. It just showed lack of interest in GNR, maybe that long tour made him hate the band I don't know. Certainly should have cut that tour down as it seemed to break the band being on the road to long.

How old are you? No offense Broham but the Gn'R legacy was most likely solidified while you were in diapers. Slash has every right to play those songs as does Izzy, Duff, Steven and Axl.

It takes a real Axl nut-swinger to put any blame for what has happened to Gn'R on Slash.

Did you ever think the other members have a special chemistry and wanted to continue playing together?

You obviously weren't around for the real deal that much is obvious.

• Like 1

How old are you? No offense Broham but the Gn'R legacy was most likely solidified while you were in diapers. Slash has every right to play those songs as does Izzy, Duff, Steven and Axl.

It takes a real Axl nut-swinger to put any blame for what has happened to Gn'R on Slash.

Did you ever think the other members have a special chemistry and wanted to continue playing together?

You obviously weren't around for the real deal that much is obvious.

So let me get this right, slash is earning millions with GNR. Loves playing GNR songs, loves playing with Duff, Matt, Izzy, gilby. So WHY would he leave GNR??

Answer me that. Why would he through all that away.

What job do you do? I bet you work more hours in a week than Slash did for GNR in a week. He maybe done about 12 hours a week on stage putting up with Axls shit on a tour per week. Difference being he was getting MILLIONS. He was in a position of doing what he loved, and being one of the most recognized musicians at that time.

I honestly believe GNR could have been the next Led Zep if slash never left.

Edited by Axl_morris

Everyone likes to shit on Axl for everything...it is expected.

However Izzy not showing up speaks volumes about those imposters posing as GNR.

Those "imposters" made it possible for Axl to hire Dj Ashba and still draw a few thousand people in the US to Gn'R shows. If they were to ever reunite and Axl were to once again praise Slash you'd probably be on here virtually licking Slash's balls.

I've already stated if Slash jams with the band I'm finished. Nice try.

you and me both, luckily for us Axl doesn't sellout

Thank god for posters like kanudo and volcano.

The day Slash comes back is the day GN'R dies. Hopefully it won't ever happen.

Those "imposters" made it possible for Axl to hire Dj Ashba and still draw a few thousand people in the US to Gn'R shows. If they were to ever reunite and Axl were to once again praise Slash you'd probably be on here virtually licking Slash's balls.

LOL.........what do you call playing weddings and celeb birthday parties? Not selling out????

But just out of curiosity, for you and Volcano - why? Why do you hate Slash so much, when he has never done anything personally to you.

That is creepy and weird enough. But hey, fans go crazy over Justin Bieber. Celeb worship....it is what it is.

But if Axl made up with Slash, why in the world would you guys still hate him? Your only reason for hating him is your celeb worship of Axl. If Axl and Slash get past their differences and make up and decide to make music together again..............why in the world would you stop listening to your favorite singer? That makes no sense. No offense, but certainly see how overly obsessive that makes you guys sound?

Axl does things his way and does what he wants! That's not selling out, he can play birthday parties all he wants. He will never play or do what anyone tells him to.

I don't hate slash, i just don't give a fuck about the man.

It is a shame that the real musical collective of guys who let's be honest is really the backbone that created the legacy that the current group of guys piggyback on couldn't all get together even for a handshake.

I thought it was a cool performance. The people who call what happened that night as "imposters posing as GNR"I feel really have missed the point.

Well at least some people who were responsible for everything GNR will be remembered by were present that night to celebrate....

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

LOL.........what do you call playing weddings and celeb birthday parties? Not selling out????

But just out of curiosity, for you and Volcano - why? Why do you hate Slash so much, when he has never done anything personally to you.

That is creepy and weird enough. But hey, fans go crazy over Justin Bieber. Celeb worship....it is what it is.

But if Axl made up with Slash, why in the world would you guys still hate him? Your only reason for hating him is your celeb worship of Axl. If Axl and Slash get past their differences and make up and decide to make music together again..............why in the world would you stop listening to your favorite singer? That makes no sense. No offense, but certainly see how overly obsessive that makes you guys sound?

Axl does things his way and does what he wants! That's not selling out, he can play birthday parties all he wants. He will never play or do what anyone tells him to.

So why doesn't that same logic apply to Slash? Playing the HOF was Slash doing things "his way and he does what he wants." So why the double standard?

And did you really say that Axl isn't a sell-out and does things his own way and what he wants......in defense of him playing a wedding for money? Or a celebrity birthday? Take a minute to think about that logic.

And sure. You don't hate Slash. And you don't care about him. Yet you would STOP listening to your favorite singer if he let Slash back in the band. Sounds like you might care about and hate him just a little bit. There is nobody in the world that Axl could perform with that would make me stop listening to him forever. Especially somebody who I didn't give a f*ck about.

WF

Come on man. Stop with the ridiculous trolling. It is just making you look idiotic.

The majority of music fans out there don't hate Slash just because Axl does. Sure, guys like you and Volcano and a couple others let the singer dictate your own ideas and opinions, but the remaining 99.99999% of rock fans don't.

Your statement is pure trolling on your part.

The day Slash comes back to GnR is when the band becomes relevant again.

With Slash, GnR had four icon albums, multiple icon songs, sold 80 million records, and were regarded as the biggest rock band in the world.

Without Slash.........an album that didn't even top 4 million, and they are playing weddings, celeb birthday parties, Vegas, and in venues that only seat a couple thousand people.

If the band "dying" means selling more albums, selling more concert tickets, and receiving more positive attention from the press and from rock fans......then sure. Slash coming back would make the band die.

What's really laughable is fans of the current lineup/Chinese Democracy era calling the guys that showed up at the hall of fame induction "imposters"! 3/5 of the original AFD lineup and they're the imposters....LOL.

It wasn't CD or the hired guns who do nostalgia tours that put them in the HOF.

I like the current lineup. I'll buy any music that they put out and I'll go see them when they come to town.

If hell freezes over and a reunion ever happens, I'll buy any music that they put out and I'll go see them when they come to town.

Does it really need to be made more difficult than that?

This is a random bump.

Yeah, it sucked Axl and Izzy weren't there, but it ended up being really, really good. I was there, the whole weekend in the city seemed to be all about GNR, despite the other inductees. The show was good, Green Day didn't cover GNR songs, the gang got together for a make shift "GNR" and sounded great, they were all happy to be there...

It was cool

So why doesn't that same logic apply to Slash? Playing the HOF was Slash doing things "his way and he does what he wants." So why the double standard?

And did you really say that Axl isn't a sell-out and does things his own way and what he wants......in defense of him playing a wedding for money? Or a celebrity birthday? Take a minute to think about that logic.

And sure. You don't hate Slash. And you don't care about him. Yet you would STOP listening to your favorite singer if he let Slash back in the band. Sounds like you might care about and hate him just a little bit. There is nobody in the world that Axl could perform with that would make me stop listening to him forever. Especially somebody who I didn't give a f*ck about.

WF

Come on man. Stop with the ridiculous trolling. It is just making you look idiotic.

The majority of music fans out there don't hate Slash just because Axl does. Sure, guys like you and Volcano and a couple others let the singer dictate your own ideas and opinions, but the remaining 99.99999% of rock fans don't.

With Slash, GnR had four icon albums, multiple icon songs, sold 80 million records, and were regarded as the biggest rock band in the world.

Without Slash.........an album that didn't even top 4 million, and they are playing weddings, celeb birthday parties, Vegas, and in venues that only seat a couple thousand people.

If the band "dying" means selling more albums, selling more concert tickets, and receiving more positive attention from the press and from rock fans......then sure. Slash coming back would make the band die.

I don't care about slash because he's a sellout, i think he his an amazing musician, i just don't care about the man. If axl does a reunion with him only for money then i'll stop caring about Axl too.

Besides you're all missing one point, even if a miracle happened and axl made amends with slash and they started talking again from time to time or even being friends there is NO WAY axl would do a reunion. Sure slash could join the band onstage or feature in one or a few songs BUT THAT'S IT!

Don't you realize that axl gets nothing, musically speaking , from doing a reunion ? He would have to stop playing his masterpiece and officially become a greatest hits act! How many bands you know got together for a reunion after 20 years or so and achieved more than just a greatest hits tour ? I mean come on... Axl isn't stupid.

Now he can play what he wants when he wants and release whatever the music he wants. Or not release any music at all... A reunion wouldn't work for nothing more than a greatest hits tour and what would Axl gain with that ? That's not what he wants.

Besides in his mind making amends with slash and doing a reunion is probably the same thing as letting slash "win", so even if they make amends he will never do a reunion with him. He would make him apologize publicly for all the shit he did and he still wouldn't let him back on guns n roses. That's my honest opinion.

Anyone who says slash wasn't important to guns is being stupid, i know it, axl knows it and every fan knows it but it's over and i don't hate the man, i just ignore him because i have no respect for sellouts who say and do anything just for fortune and fame (shame).

Just like i don't like ashba even though axl loves the man.

Sad Axl couldn't have put his personal differences aside for ONE night and given the fans a treat.

Instead, for Axl, the fans took a back seat to his personal feud with Slash and for his whining about how the RnR HOF wanted to run their OWN show.

IMO, things like this are why I couldn't list Axl as the greatest front man of all time. His lack of care for his fans.

"I disagree with the management of the RnR HOF and this doesn't change anything between Slash and myself. So don't talk about a reunion and don't think we are best friends again. But for a couple hours of my life.....for three songs, we're gonna show the younger generation of rockers what Guns n F*cking Roses was all about." And then went out and tore it up on stage for 10 minutes. Unfortunately, the fans are about 15th on Axl's list of what is important for his career.

Not all the fans cares about a renuion or a 10 minute fellatio with Slash.

Izzy didn't go too, i respect them more for not going. HOF from the beginning to the end is mountain of shit.

Most fans outside of these forums care about a reunion imo. To many, Guns N' Roses does not exist anymore. So don't act like the minority is the majority.

Some Axl fans have a unique view on their favorite singer.

I've seen people post that they are glad Axl has only released one album in the past 15 years rather than releasing one every 3-4 years.

I've seen people post that they are glad Axl doesn't do more interviews or interact with fans.

I've seen people post that they hope Axl never releases another album just so they can come to the forum and laugh at people complaining about it.

I'm a die-hard Axl fan. So I wish he'd release more music for us to enjoy, and I'd love to see him do more interviews and be more fan friendly. It really boggles my mind how die-hard fans of a singer wouldn't want to see/hear more of that singer. Very strange logic on here.

With all of the boggling of your mind that goes on here, how do you put together a coherent thought? Honest question, because Axl fans seem to boggle your mind every opportunity that they're given.

WF

I don't care about slash because he's a sellout, i think he his an amazing musician, i just don't care about the man. If axl does a reunion with him only for money then i'll stop caring about Axl too.

Besides you're all missing one point, even if a miracle happened and axl made amends with slash and they started talking again from time to time or even being friends there is NO WAY axl would do a reunion. Sure slash could join the band onstage or feature in one or a few songs BUT THAT'S IT!

Don't you realize that axl gets nothing, musically speaking , from doing a reunion ? He would have to stop playing his masterpiece and officially become a greatest hits act! How many bands you know got together for a reunion after 20 years or so and achieved more than just a greatest hits tour ? I mean come on... Axl isn't stupid.

Now he can play what he wants when he wants and release whatever the music he wants. Or not release any music at all... A reunion wouldn't work for nothing more than a greatest hits tour and what would Axl gain with that ? That's not what he wants.

Besides in his mind making amends with slash and doing a reunion is probably the same thing as letting slash "win", so even if they make amends he will never do a reunion with him. He would make him apologize publicly for all the shit he did and he still wouldn't let him back on guns n roses. That's my honest opinion.

Anyone who says slash wasn't important to guns is being stupid, i know it, axl knows it and every fan knows it but it's over and i don't hate the man, i just ignore him because i have no respect for sellouts who say and do anything just for fortune and fame (shame).

This is one of the craziest GNR posts I've ever read. Obviously that's saying a lot.

• Like 2

Seeing GN'R enter the hall of fame was great. Sure Axl was there, in video form (old footage of a younger Axl) on the big screen. By entering the true GN'R into the hall of fame, it also hammered home just how much the new Gn'R arn't Gn'R at all - merely a cover band.. and that's why Axl didn't show, that and how shit he must feel stealing the band name for himself..

Edited by star

WF

Dude - you just described Axl. He is still making a living off of the songs the OLD band created. That, my friend, is more of being a sell-out than Slash.

How is Slash a sell-out? The guy puts out a new album every couple of years for his FANS to enjoy.

So releasing and playing new music live is selling out in your world. But living off songs made famous 25 years ago......that's the opposite of selling out to you?

And you do realize that if there was a reunion, the band would most likely release a new album....right? And Slash/Duff wouldn't refuse to play Better or Catcher in live shows.

Sorry man, you've completely missed the boat with your argument.

Sigh. Smooth.....I thought we got past that sort of bickering last week. I have tons more respect for you than the clowns I usually argue with on here, but why make a post like yours? You know it isn't true, and you are really exaggerating the point. WHY???? Why not just have a normal conversation? Your post adds nothing to the actual topic, doesn't point out where you disagree with me, it's just you insulting me. That adds nothing to the conversation except negativity. You are better than that.

But out of respect I will answer it. No, Axl fans don't boggle my mind at every opportunity they are given. NOT even close. Maybe one out of every 200-300 posts I read on here from Axl fans actually makes me shake my head and wonder wtf is this poster thinking. I've made the "boggles my mind" or similar comment maybe on average, one time per month?

I think pretty much every poster on here (except a couple real extreme guys) are Axl fans. Mags, Bono, Rusty - those guys are Axl fans. I'm a die-hard Axl fan. Most of the guys on here who occasional point out the negatives in how Axl is running the band are Axl fans. The difference between a guy like Mags and a guy like Volcano is pretty simple. Volcano defends and praises everything Axl does - guys like Mags give unbiased opinions. They praise great things, and criticize bad things. Volcano said he came in his pants when he heard Axl was coming to Canada and says that Gilby is a better guitarist than Slash. He hates Slash with a deep passion, simply because Axl Rose doesn't like him. When you say I react negatively to Axl fans, you are confusing fans of Axl Rose and sychophant crazy celebrity worshippers.

Saying that Gilby is a better guitar player than Slash - that boggles my mind.

Saying you hope Axl never releases another album, just so you can laugh at complete random strangers on a forum - that boggles my mind.

Statements like those, from people on a GnR forum...........yes, boggles my mind.

But the other 99.8% of the posts on here from normal Axl fans......nope, they don't boggle my mind.

Finally, you do know that boggles the mind is simple an expression. Right? I don't actually mean that my mind is boggled. That I fall on the ground and roll around slobbering all over myself for a couple hours incapable of forming thoughts. I guess maybe you'd feel more comfortable if I stopped using that expression and just went with "smh" or "wtf" or the rolling-the-eyes icon?

Edited by Groghan

Because I'm bored Groghan, why else?

Go to store.

Purchase ingredients to make a home-made pizza from scratch.

Pick up a bottle of Captain Morgan's spiced rum and a sixer of coke and sprite and a couple limes.

Rent 9 1/2 weeks and Wild Orchid.

Call up your two hottest female friends.

Make sure your hot tub is clean.

Make a night of it.

• Like 1

Matt and GIlby are just "additional musicians."

Izzy and Steven are "main band."

Didn't Matt contribute musically to the Illusions albums?

It's a reference to the Live Era liner notes. And because I'm a super axl worshipper, i think it's funny.

I saw part of it until Miles Kennedy started singing then I started screaming at the tv and turned it off!

Much like Axl probably did! lol

I hate that Miles's voice. It's so nasal and no one and I mean no one can sing GNR songs except Mr. Axl Rose.