Anyone Else Felt This Way During the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame?

ChristmasFnatic

While they were performing, when I saw the picture of the original band behind them(esp with Axl in it), plus I guess with SCOM playing, I cant help but feel bittersweet, and borderline sad. Missed opportunity to have a reunion. Im not gonna whine how Axl should be there, just saying that it could have been something great.

Really make me miss the original lineup more. That said, anyone else felt the same way? Such nostalgic bittersweet feelings during that show?

Edited by ChristmasFnatic
  • Like 3

I felt sad but no because THE opportunity of a reunion was missed, actually I felt sad about Axl himself. I mean, that's a recognition that he deserved, and maybe even more than the rest of the guys (I'm not saying that they didn't deserved it) but he wasn't there, he just let the others take all the credit and even play with other singer in the name of Guns N' Roses. That was unfair, very unfair and I felt sad about him.

But in the other hand probably Axl didn't even watched it.

Edited by Manfisman

Yeah, in the end, I went from thinking it was alright that he missed it (because really, who of us really expected him to show?), to feeling the same way. It was one night to celebrate what he did with the old guys, possibly even mend some of his friendships or at least put some of the bitterness behind him, and make a ton of people really happy. It was his choice, but it's disappointing.

• Like 1

I was there. Gilby and Miles really saved the day and put together a great performance with Slash, Duff, Steven, and Matt. It was a great experience.

That being said, it was incredibly bittersweet. Seeing the video of the original band play before the performance and the picture behind the guys really made it kind of sad. Its a damn shame Axl and Izzy couldnt just do it for three freaking songs. I understand why Axl didnt, but I was really disappointed in Izzy. A real shame they couldnt both be there, they deserved to.

It is strange as Izzy Stradlin was present at the 20th anniversary concert of Appetite at the Key Club (Izzy and Duff playing with Adler's band. Slash and Gilby in the crowd). So Izzy is not inherenty opposed to these, one-off celebratory reunion type things.

I never felt like the Rock Hall is the final word on a band getting back together. I'm glad that most of them have reconnected in private and some of them have joined each other on stage and in the studio. Just have to let things happen in their own time.

People for the most part have accepted nuGuns, even if they're still hopeful for a reunion. I just see it the way I saw it with Pink Floyd and Van Halen.

If you want to read why reunions fall apart, read Ace Frehley and Peter Criss' books.

I was there. Gilby and Miles really saved the day and put together a great performance with Slash, Duff, Steven, and Matt. It was a great experience.

That being said, it was incredibly bittersweet. Seeing the video of the original band play before the performance and the picture behind the guys really made it kind of sad. Its a damn shame Axl and Izzy couldnt just do it for three freaking songs. I understand why Axl didnt, but I was really disappointed in Izzy. A real shame they couldnt both be there, they deserved to.

You were prob. excited for the GNR portion, but what about the rest of it? I watched it live a few years back on Fuse and it dragged a lot.

As non flippantly as I can say this: at some point you just have to move on and enjoy what each classic lineup member is doing these days.

It wasn't as emotional for me as it was for you OP, but I understand what you're saying.

The biggest emotion I had was essentially that I was very proud of Steven Adler and his progress in dealing with his addictions. And I also think he demonstrated to his detractors that he's still got it, despite the adversity he's faced.

As non flippantly as I can say this: at some point you just have to move on and enjoy what each classic lineup member is doing these days.

It wasn't as emotional for me as it was for you OP, but I understand what you're saying.

The biggest emotion I had was essentially that I was very proud of Steven Adler and his progress in dealing with his addictions. And I also think he demonstrated to his detractors that he's still got it, despite the adversity he's faced.

Yeah, I love the new band. I love Ashba(no homo) for his stage presence. But that night was supposed to be for the classic GNR and the fans. I guess that night, seeing those old videos and the big pic of the old band is really what made me sad about it.

And youre right, Adler seems very happy! Im happy for him.

Oh and its an honor to see you post in my thread. The infamous brainsaber! Love your posts esp. in Attitude. lol

It is strange as Izzy Stradlin was present at the 20th anniversary concert of Appetite at the Key Club (Izzy and Duff playing with Adler's band. Slash and Gilby in the crowd). So Izzy is not inherenty opposed to these, one-off celebratory reunion type things.

I think Izzy may have been opposed to the idea of the rock hall itself, rather than it being a boycott of the other guys.

In retrospect, I'm almost glad it didn't happen. I'd rather see those guys together on their own time, on their own terms - when they actually all want to be there and the time is right. Axl seems like he still has at least another album with the current lineup before then - and that's an album I want to hear...

On the other hand, it was disappointing when a lot of us had believed they might share the stage again (even just to accept the award) - that would have been fucking cool to see. Especially if it turns out to have been the only chance for us to have seen it... But Axl stuck to his principles and I still respect the guy for that.

I never felt like the Rock Hall is the final word on a band getting back together. I'm glad that most of them have reconnected in private and some of them have joined each other on stage and in the studio. Just have to let things happen in their own time.

People for the most part have accepted nuGuns, even if they're still hopeful for a reunion. I just see it the way I saw it with Pink Floyd and Van Halen.

If you want to read why reunions fall apart, read Ace Frehley and Peter Criss' books.

You were prob. excited for the GNR portion, but what about the rest of it? I watched it live a few years back on Fuse and it dragged a lot.

I was defiantly there for GNR and was hoping deep down to see them all on stage (obviously, I knew this wasnt meant to be when Axl posted his letter), but I did really enjoy the whole weekend and show. I went with my gf and best friend to cleveland and my bud and I went and saw Duff at the HOB the night before. The three of us went to the museum the day after and then my bud and I to the HOF ceremony later that night. It was great to see all the history and it really felt like GNRs weekend. It was great to see the other artists and the GNR that did play, even if it was a tad over long lol

Yeah, I love the new band. I love Ashba(no homo) for his stage presence. But that night was supposed to be for the classic GNR and the fans. I guess that night, seeing those old videos and the big pic of the old band is really what made me sad about it.

And youre right, Adler seems very happy! Im happy for him.

Oh and its an honor to see you post in my thread. The infamous brainsaber! Love your posts esp. in Attitude. lol

Infamous? Dude the attitude section is for bullshit and shenanigans (and discussing anything about the band you want). Here's what I'd rather be infamous for: I was the one who started the thread which eventually led to inflatable dolphins being brought to GnR shows: http://www.mygnrforu...p-of-the-crowd/

Infamous cuz many people get riled up by you volcano and MSL. You are always mentioned when talking about crazy posters. And to me, thats not a bad thing at all. I get amused by such. lol

And anyone sad Dizzy Reed didnt make it?

I'll take the bait. Yes, I was sad, because two nights before the RRHOF I saw Dizzy perform a cool little keyboard Guns ridden set at a small club near my house. I asked him, "Are you going to be in Cleveland on Saturday?" He looked down and to the right and shook his head, na-ah...

The dude looked bummed. Frontman's orders I presume, either directly or indirectly.

And anyone sad Dizzy Reed didnt make it?

I'll take the bait. Yes, I was sad, because two nights before the RRHOF I saw Dizzy perform a cool little keyboard Guns ridden set at a small club near my house. I asked him, "Are you going to be in Cleveland on Saturday?" He looked down and to the right and shook his head, na-ah...

The dude looked bummed. Frontman's orders I presume, either directly or indirectly.

He did say Axl explained it to him, and he agreed and support Axl's point of view.