Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Anyone Else Felt This Way During the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
131 replies to this topic

ChristmasFnatic

ChristmasFnatic

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts
  • 31-August 12

As non flippantly as I can say this: at some point you just have to move on and enjoy what each classic lineup member is doing these days.

It wasn't as emotional for me as it was for you OP, but I understand what you're saying.

The biggest emotion I had was essentially that I was very proud of Steven Adler and his progress in dealing with his addictions. And I also think he demonstrated to his detractors that he's still got it, despite the adversity he's faced.

Yeah, I love the new band. I love Ashba(no homo) for his stage presence. But that night was supposed to be for the classic GNR and the fans. I guess that night, seeing those old videos and the big pic of the old band is really what made me sad about it.

And youre right, Adler seems very happy! Im happy for him.

Oh and its an honor to see you post in my thread. The infamous brainsaber! Love your posts esp. in Attitude. lol

bacardimayne and I are the first official gay couple in MyGNRforum!!!

highvoltage

highvoltage

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞

• SILVER
  • 19,941 posts
  • 01-September 04

It is strange as Izzy Stradlin was present at the 20th anniversary concert of Appetite at the Key Club (Izzy and Duff playing with Adler's band. Slash and Gilby in the crowd). So Izzy is not inherenty opposed to these, one-off celebratory reunion type things.

I think Izzy may have been opposed to the idea of the rock hall itself, rather than it being a boycott of the other guys.

In retrospect, I'm almost glad it didn't happen. I'd rather see those guys together on their own time, on their own terms - when they actually all want to be there and the time is right. Axl seems like he still has at least another album with the current lineup before then - and that's an album I want to hear...

On the other hand, it was disappointing when a lot of us had believed they might share the stage again (even just to accept the award) - that would have been fucking cool to see. Especially if it turns out to have been the only chance for us to have seen it... But Axl stuck to his principles and I still respect the guy for that.

i ninja edit 99% of my posts.

GNRSkidRow1

GNRSkidRow1

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 8,742 posts
  • 12-January 05
Dust N' Bones section?

sig-2.png
5-12-06/5-17-06/11-10-06/11-17-11/11-26-11/2-12-12/2-15-12/2-27-12/6-6-13/6-8-13/5-13-14

ZoSoRose

ZoSoRose

Shitposter Of The Year 2014

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,714 posts
  • 14-December 08

I never felt like the Rock Hall is the final word on a band getting back together. I'm glad that most of them have reconnected in private and some of them have joined each other on stage and in the studio. Just have to let things happen in their own time.

People for the most part have accepted nuGuns, even if they're still hopeful for a reunion. I just see it the way I saw it with Pink Floyd and Van Halen.

If you want to read why reunions fall apart, read Ace Frehley and Peter Criss' books.

I was there. Gilby and Miles really saved the day and put together a great performance with Slash, Duff, Steven, and Matt. It was a great experience.

That being said, it was incredibly bittersweet. Seeing the video of the original band play before the performance and the picture behind the guys really made it kind of sad. Its a damn shame Axl and Izzy couldnt just do it for three freaking songs. I understand why Axl didnt, but I was really disappointed in Izzy. A real shame they couldnt both be there, they deserved to.

You were prob. excited for the GNR portion, but what about the rest of it? I watched it live a few years back on Fuse and it dragged a lot.

I was defiantly there for GNR and was hoping deep down to see them all on stage (obviously, I knew this wasnt meant to be when Axl posted his letter), but I did really enjoy the whole weekend and show. I went with my gf and best friend to cleveland and my bud and I went and saw Duff at the HOB the night before. The three of us went to the museum the day after and then my bud and I to the HOF ceremony later that night. It was great to see all the history and it really felt like GNRs weekend. It was great to see the other artists and the GNR that did play, even if it was a tad over long lol
<p>Guns N' Roses- London Ontario 2010, Auburn Hills Michigan 2011, Detroit Michigan 2012 | Slash- Auburn Hills Michigan 2011, Grand Rapids Michigan 2012, Detroit Michigan 2012, Lansing Michigan 2013 | Duff McKagan- Cleveland Ohio 2012 | Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony- Cleveland Ohio 2012 | Buckethead- Detroit Michigan 2011 | Walking Papers- Clarkston Michigan 2013 | The Dead Daisies- Clarkston Michigan 2013| Met Slash, Duff, Ron, Richard, Dizzy and DJ

ChristmasFnatic

ChristmasFnatic

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts
  • 31-August 12

As non flippantly as I can say this: at some point you just have to move on and enjoy what each classic lineup member is doing these days.

It wasn't as emotional for me as it was for you OP, but I understand what you're saying.

The biggest emotion I had was essentially that I was very proud of Steven Adler and his progress in dealing with his addictions. And I also think he demonstrated to his detractors that he's still got it, despite the adversity he's faced.

Yeah, I love the new band. I love Ashba(no homo) for his stage presence. But that night was supposed to be for the classic GNR and the fans. I guess that night, seeing those old videos and the big pic of the old band is really what made me sad about it.

And youre right, Adler seems very happy! Im happy for him.

Oh and its an honor to see you post in my thread. The infamous brainsaber! Love your posts esp. in Attitude. lol

Infamous? Dude the attitude section is for bullshit and shenanigans (and discussing anything about the band you want). Here's what I'd rather be infamous for: I was the one who started the thread which eventually led to inflatable dolphins being brought to GnR shows: http://www.mygnrforu...p-of-the-crowd/

Infamous cuz many people get riled up by you volcano and MSL. You are always mentioned when talking about crazy posters. And to me, thats not a bad thing at all. I get amused by such. lol

wasted

wasted

Freedom Fighter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,574 posts
  • 31-March 04
I think they handled it badly in the build up too it. Adler kind mouthing off just made me realise it's never gonna happen.

Ides Of March, Berlin, Atlas Shrugged, Oh My God, Silkworms , Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Soul Monster, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song, Zodiac. You know you should believe!

Time to DIE!!!

Time to DIE!!!

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • 29-November 09

And anyone sad Dizzy Reed didnt make it?

I'll take the bait. Yes, I was sad, because two nights before the RRHOF I saw Dizzy perform a cool little keyboard Guns ridden set at a small club near my house. I asked him, "Are you going to be in Cleveland on Saturday?" He looked down and to the right and shook his head, na-ah...

The dude looked bummed. Frontman's orders I presume, either directly or indirectly.

ChristmasFnatic

ChristmasFnatic

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts
  • 31-August 12

And anyone sad Dizzy Reed didnt make it?

I'll take the bait. Yes, I was sad, because two nights before the RRHOF I saw Dizzy perform a cool little keyboard Guns ridden set at a small club near my house. I asked him, "Are you going to be in Cleveland on Saturday?" He looked down and to the right and shook his head, na-ah...

The dude looked bummed. Frontman's orders I presume, either directly or indirectly.

He did say Axl explained it to him, and he agreed and support Axl's point of view.

Lim666

Lim666

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • 13-April 12
and in february 2012 Dizzy said he will come and that it will be a very cool night.......what a man of his words!!
he is THE typical yes-man @ Axl's ass.

gnrfan2007

gnrfan2007

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • 17-April 07
All Slash (and to some extend Duff) have to do is apologize to Axl and the fans for his LIES, ego, bitterness, and abusive treatment of Axl ... and it could have happened.
  • Turn_It_Up likes this

Omg you must earn minimum wage and have a fat gf.

CLASSIC!!!

The Linguini Occurrence

The Linguini Occurrence

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,946 posts
  • 01-October 11
This is a topic that will never die, people will never want to stop talking about it even though there has been more time spent discussing it over the past year than any other subject in the history of GNR. That in itself is proof of how important it was to the fanbase for Axl to show up (Izzy & Dizzy obviously would have gone if Axl did).
  • gunnari likes this

gnrfan2007

gnrfan2007

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • 17-April 07
Think about this: the founding fathers of GnR were not at the RnR HOF

Omg you must earn minimum wage and have a fat gf.

CLASSIC!!!

axlsalinger

axlsalinger

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • 02-April 05
I think every GNR fan felt saddened by how that night went down, other than 4 or 5 posters here who are completely delusional and/or troll accounts. Still, HV's point is valid - it would mean so much more if the guys worked shit out on their own behind closed doors, and really wanted to do it, rather than feeling like they were forced into it.

I still maintain Axl should have been there, at least to accept the award (performing was not something I expected to happen). I was very disappointed in Axl and especially with his letter. But at the end of the day, it was his decision to make, not ours.

My personal opinion with Izzy is that he doesn't care that much about this sort of thing, and decided not to go after Axl opted out, to sort of help diffuse the situation a little bit, plus had no interest in dealing with the other guys in this charged environment. If Axl had gone, I definitely think Izzy would have been there too.

"Nothing here is Subject To Change.

Without A PERMANENT SUSPENSION of the "Pseudo Studio Musician Work Ethic."

Sincerely, W. Eddie Vedder

"Love boat captain, take the reins and steer us towards the clear. Here."

k12

k12

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • 17-November 11
I was at the Hall of Fame and there was such a buzz about Guns N Roses beind inducted

if Axl or Izzy had shown up, it would have been the greatest moment in Rock N Roll History

as it is, there was still a great buzz and energy when Slash and Duff and Steven/Matt were playing, but it was dampered by Axl and Izzy not being there

I was neutral on the whole Axl/Slash thing

and I have seen Axl and his New Guns N Roses about 5 or 6 times since he started touring in 2002

But after he did not show up and he wrote that dumb letter in the Los Angeles times

I will never spend another cent to see Axl and his "New" Guns N Roses ever again

Lim666

Lim666

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • 13-April 12
+1

after that embarassing let-down from Axl @HOF (dont forget it was about last minute cancelling just 3 days before the event) there is a good portion of fans opting to NEVER spend only 1 Cent on Axl anymore. i've sold my show ticket immediately right after his open letter!

edit:
and i went to the Slash show a few months later and i really enjoyed it!

Edited by Lim666, 29 November 2012 - 04:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users