Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Anyone Else Felt This Way During the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
131 replies to this topic

ChristmasFnatic

ChristmasFnatic

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts
  • 31-August 12

But after he did not show up and he wrote that dumb letter in the Los Angeles times

I will never spend another cent to see Axl and his "New" Guns N Roses ever again

Why was it a dumb letter?

bacardimayne and I are the first official gay couple in MyGNRforum!!!

Facekicker

Facekicker

Kicker of Faces

• SILVER Supporter
  • 12,563 posts
  • 02-March 06
Probably better off Axl didn't show. He is too unreliable vocally these days. Imagine he did show and deliver a Bridge School type performance. Next to the brilliance displayed by everyone else that night, particularly Steven and Slash, it would have only confirmed his status as a washed up singer to the rest of the world outside these forums, fitting in exactly with every other high profile event that he has blown for the best part of a decade now.

I'm more surprised and disappointed with Izzy. I fully expected Dizzy however to toe the bosses line, in keeping with his pattern over the years.

I've had my fun and that's all that matters.

ShadowOfTheWave

ShadowOfTheWave

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • 15-March 10
Axl really should have said he wasn't going to go earlier. However, it's the fans own fault for misinterpreting his "I don't want to ruin it for the fans" remark. I think if you read it in his context he's clearing saying it would be better from him to stay away from the induction.

The Linguini Occurrence

The Linguini Occurrence

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,595 posts
  • 01-October 11

Axl really should have said he wasn't going to go earlier. However, it's the fans own fault for misinterpreting his "I don't want to ruin it for the fans" remark. I think if you read it in his context he's clearing saying it would be better from him to stay away from the induction.

"He thinks it’s mostly for fans. But he said it’s an honor and he talks about how he inducted Elton John, whom he loves. If it’s good enough for Elton, he said, it’s good enough for him.” ------- Eddie Trunk paraphrasing Axl's views on the HOF.

So induction into the RHOF was good enough for Axl last November, but it wasn't good enough for him just five months later? Don't think so ...

ErinHeidi_zps257237e3.jpg

maynard

maynard

GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts
  • 03-April 05
axl was clearly afraid to show up and be the weakest spot on the show. they were all on top (even adler) that night.

DieselDaisy

DieselDaisy

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  • 11-August 12
I think he was afraid of meeting Slash.

ShadowOfTheWave

ShadowOfTheWave

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • 15-March 10
He wouldn't have had to meet Slash though, he could have stood on the opposite side of the stage and never looked at him.

Lim666

Lim666

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • 13-April 12
that night was all about avoiding Slash.
soooooooooo much bitterness still after soooooooooo many years, Jesus!!!

ShadowOfTheWave

ShadowOfTheWave

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • 15-March 10
I don't understand why people keep saying stuff like "So many years" or keep talking about how long it's been since the breakup and how Axl can't get over it. According to ALL sources, including Axl himself, Axl is upset with Slash for what happened AFTER the breakup, the things that Slash said in the press, and probably continues to say. Axl was infuriated with Slash's book, that's only five years right there. Slash saying stuff like Axl wanted him to sign a contract or wanted to be a dictator like he did on Howard and Piers just a few months ago, that's bound to piss Axl off. So the stuff Axl is pissed off with Slash for is not only recent, it's pretty much ongoing.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave, 29 November 2012 - 02:05 PM.

Dark Knight

Dark Knight

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • 12-August 12
Are Slash`s fanboys still butthurt over HOF get over it for god`s sake give it a rest be happy your hero enjoyed his 15 minutes of spotlight there`s no chance in hell Axl would be part of thet circus

This made me chuckle or maybe on the contrary Slash was afraid of meeting Axl ? Axl is n`t scared of Slash he simply doesn`t give a flying fuck about him and if they ever meet each other it`ll end badly for Slash

Edited by Son of a Guns, 29 November 2012 - 02:32 PM.

Formerly known as Son of a gun

alfa75

alfa75

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • 14-February 11

Are Slash`s fanboys still butthurt over HOF get over it for god`s sake give it a rest be happy your hero enjoyed his 15 minutes of spotlight there`s no chance in hell Axl would be part of thet circus

This made me chuckle or maybe on the contrary Slash was afraid of meeting Axl ? Axl is n`t scared of Slash he simply doesn`t give a flying fuck about him and if they ever meet each other it`ll end badly for Slash

Hilarious. Go over to Canter Banter and ask Marc how much Axl doesn't give a "flying fuck" about Slash.

gnrfan2007

gnrfan2007

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • 17-April 07

+1

after that embarassing let-down from Axl @HOF (dont forget it was about last minute cancelling just 3 days before the event) there is a good portion of fans opting to NEVER spend only 1 Cent on Axl anymore. i've sold my show ticket immediately right after his open letter!

edit:
and i went to the Slash show a few months later and i really enjoyed it!

Was that the Slash show with Fergie? Maybe, it was an event with Slash selling some product?

Get real man ... If GnR really means so much to you, then as a true fan, you need to find out why Axl is done with Slash.

Slash has said and done more to warrant any true GnR fan to not want to donate any more money to the products he is selling.

Omg you must earn minimum wage and have a fat gf.

CLASSIC!!!

gnrfan2007

gnrfan2007

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • 17-April 07

Hilarious. Go over to Canter Banter and ask Marc how much Axl doesn't give a "flying fuck" about Slash.

Yeah, go re-read what Cantor said about Slash being a LIAR who lies to make himself look *cool*. Go re-read about how Slash got all butt-hurt that Axl only liked 4 of his Snakepit songs. Go re-read about how Slash refused to work with on 4 songs for Chinese Democracy.

Axl gives as much "flying fuck" about Slash as a person wrongly accused by their ex-lover of abusing them.

All Axl wants is for Slash to clear his name. Slash needs to man-up and apologize for all the lies he has spread about Axl through the years in the media.

That is not too much to ask for is it?

CLASSIC!!!

gnrfan2007

gnrfan2007

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • 17-April 07

"He thinks it’s mostly for fans. But he said it’s an honor and he talks about how he inducted Elton John, whom he loves. If it’s good enough for Elton, he said, it’s good enough for him.” ------- Eddie Trunk paraphrasing Axl's views on the HOF.

So induction into the RHOF was good enough for Axl last November, but it wasn't good enough for him just five months later? Don't think so ...

FIVE MONTHS was plenty of time of Slash to man up and PUBLICLY apoligize to the fans for all the LIES he has spread through the years ... so that he and Axl could come together for the fans.

But then there was also the problem of the HOF charging $1200+ a seat eventhough they were to make millions off of the first ever old-GnR re-union. That's was a lopsided financial deal that any body with any integrity would have refused.

If there were to be a re-union, all the financial rewards should go to appropriate folks.

The circumstances were indeed different for Axl then they were for Elton John.

Edited by gnrfan2007, 30 November 2012 - 12:47 PM.

CLASSIC!!!

The Linguini Occurrence

The Linguini Occurrence

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 6,595 posts
  • 01-October 11

FIVE MONTHS was plenty of time of Slash to man up and PUBLICLY apoligize to the fans for all the LIES he has spread through the years ... so that he and Axl could come together for the fans.

But then there was also the problem of the HOF charging $1200+ a seat eventhough they were to make millions off of the first ever old-GnR re-union. That's was a lopsided financial deal that any body with any integrity would have refused.

If there were to be a re-union, all the financial rewards should go to appropriate folks.

The circumstances were indeed different for Axl then they were for Elton John.

a) According to Axl, right into April he was discussing/negotiating with the HOF what he wanted for him to attend. It's widely believed the negotiations had to do with him wanting his current bandmates inducted with him, or at least allowed to perform. So contrary to what you believe, Slash wasn't the sole reason or even the main reason why Axl didn't show up.

b) The HOF is a non-profit organization.

c) Floor seats at the induction cost $3,000 per person.

d) Financial rewards for the induction night reunion? It was a 5-hour ceremony with dozens of the biggest names in music (and others such as Chris Rock) appearing and performing, it was not all about GNR.

ErinHeidi_zps257237e3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users