A desperate plea to my fellow GNR fans....

estrangedtwat

Hey mygnrforum, I'm estrangedtwat. Some of you know me from gnfnr; most of you don't.

I tend to be long-winded in my posts, so I'll try to just give the tl;dr version:

GNR is coming to Tokyo at a small club and seeing them in a small club is something I've been dreaming about for over 20 years. This is my first and possibly LAST shot to ever witness it.

Plus, they are most likely gonna play Estranged, without exaggeration my favorite song of all time and something I have never witnessed live. Nor have I ever been able to see a Guns show from general admission.

So what's the big deal? Why not buy a ticket and just go to the show like the rest of us did? It's not so simple.

These tickets are gonna sell out instantly. Plus, this being Japan, they are criminally expensive but I give not a shit about the price...I'll pay whatever it costs to see them! I just don't wanna get shut out. The tickets are supposed to go on sale to the public Saturday morning at 10 and you bet your ass I'm gonna try to snag one...but this place only holds 2700 people and there are A LOT more diehard GNR fans than that in Tokyo...that's assuming there are even any tickets left after the pre-sale lottery.

Shit...this is getting long-winded, just like I said it would....

I don't have any connections to the band. I used to know Del a long time ago but I can't get in touch now. I'm literally BEGGING anyone who reads this and might have a way to contact someone like Del or Beta or Fernando even BBF or ANYONE that can help me!!

I'm not asking for free tickets, or extra tickets, or passes so I can go backstage and party with the band all night. None of that....I simply want to be able to purchase one ticket, for myself, so that I can attend this monumental show.

I figured I'd have no chance, but that story about the guy getting the microphone back after that fuckhead security guy stole it was so inspiring to me....I realized Axl really DOES give a shit about his real fans! It gave me hope!

If anyone has a way to contact anyone directly, (I don't use facebook or twitter) then PLEASE help me out, send me a PM...anything!! I'd really appreciate it...I don't want this opportunity to slip by!!

Sorry for such a long, rambling, and pathetic plea. I'm desperate here, so I guess I have no shame.

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance if you can help me in any way!!

I don't recall ever pissing in SOB's cheerios....I quite liked him when he was a regular at gnfnr. Seriously clueless as to why that venom is directed at me...?

But yeah Dazey, I've had a chat with Graeme but I wanna cover all my bases and send out my message to as many receptive ears as possible.

I live in Japan. I'll get in a pissing contest with any GNR fan here in Japan about the "level of my fandom" and whether or not I "deserve" to go. I'll take that challenge any day of the week!

So what's the big deal? Why not buy a ticket and just go to the show like the rest of us did? It's not so simple.

These tickets are gonna sell out instantly. Plus, this being Japan, they are criminally expensive but I give not a shit about the price...I'll pay whatever it costs to see them! I just don't wanna get shut out. The tickets are supposed to go on sale to the public Saturday morning at 10 and you bet your ass I'm gonna try to snag one...but this place only holds 2700 people and there are A LOT more diehard GNR fans than that in Tokyo...that's assuming there are even any tickets left after the pre-sale lottery.

They have to go to someone. If you are online at that time, constantly refreshing your computor, I do not see how your chances are lower than anyone else's. And if it fails, never mind. They will be back next year!

I missed out on Slash tickets. I was disaponted but, that is life. I will see him next time.

I don't use facebook for personal reasons, and yes, I could create a fake account just to contact them. But I'd rather not go through with that if there are other ways to get in touch, like email. Besides, with all the thousands of fans pestering them for info, I would be just another asshole asking for something from them. Yes, I know that's exactly what I am, just another desperate fan with a request, but I don't know what else to do. I just think facebook is really impersonal.

If money isn't an issue, even if it sells out I am sure you can purchase a ticket later on one of those ticket reseller sites. I assume they have them for events in Japan, there are certainly a whole lot of them set up for North America. (StubHub, fanxchange.com, gotickets.com, etc.)

http://www.the-top-tens.com/lists/best-online-ticket-brokers.asp

In less than three weeks, I'll be seeing Axl in a small club on Tokyo Bay. I got a ticket!! And I did it fair and square. I was the first one at the ticket booth, and I bought my ticket the second they went on sale. I don't think I've ever been so happy to fork over $213 in my life! I'll be in general admission at a GNR show for the first time. Now it's just up to Axl and the boys to bring it and make sure this small but dedicated crowd gets their money's worth!

Thanks to everyone for your help and suggestions!! But in the end, I'm all good...things worked out on their own.

December 18th....almost three years to the day that they came and put on the historic show at Tokyo Dome on December 19th, 2009!! Even if this show isn't as long, or doesn't have the rare CD songs, I don't care, as long as I get to finally hear Estranged LIVE. Damn, I'm excited!!!

Wow. Sounds like someone's life is pretty well void of any true meaning.

Whatever, BBA. Let the guy have his fun. At least he hasn't devoted god knows how many years posting on a forum about a band he no longer likes. It's not a case of being an Axl nutswinger or a Slashite or whatever, the guy just wants to hear Axl sing Estranged live. He wasn't fortunate enough to see that back in the day, fine, this is the closest he'll get and I, and I'm sure a lot of other fans, are happy for him. Spending a few hours queuing up and attending a gig to do so pales in comparison to wasting thousands of hours posting on board after board about how much you disagree with Axl Rose.

Edited by Amir

says, you? :rofl-lol:

Whatever, BBA. Let the guy have his fun. At least he hasn't devoted god knows how many years posting on a forum about a band he no longer likes. It's not a case of being an Axl nutswinger or a Slashite or whatever, the guy just wants to hear Axl sing Estranged live. He wasn't fortunate enough to see that back in the day, fine, this is the closest he'll get and I, and I'm sure a lot of other fans, are happy for him. Spending a few hours queuing up and attending a gig to do so pales in comparison to wasting thousands of hours posting on board after board about how much you disagree with Axl Rose.

Well said.