Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Remember when Ashba said that he wasn't in this "band" just to play guitar? Something about being a writer and producer ...

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Randy Lahey

Randy Lahey

FRONTMAN

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,646 posts
  • 29-June 06
I think DJ is just biding his time until Mick Mars retires and he can go join Motley full time.
Posted Image
Welcome To The Jungle of Smooth Flamenco Beatz
Dre Day will make Axl's payday.

OJones90

OJones90

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • 05-February 12
Well Ashba has experience writing his own stuff and stuff for Motley etc, so i'm pretty sure he'll be very much involved in that process.

Don't see what's wrong with Axl writing the majority of stuff while Ashba comes up with some melodies and guitar riffs, similar to the setup of old GNR with Slash.

And im very much looking forward to that because i think with Ashba's style, it'll sound more like Appetite or UYI rather than CD overproduced stuff. Prob wrong but that's what i reckon anyway.

Edited by OJones90, 01 December 2012 - 07:56 PM.

Posted Image

Groghan

Groghan

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 11,406 posts
  • 15-July 03
Didn't they record another full albums worth of material along with the CD songs? Plus writing songs the past 5-6 years that have BBF and DJ's influence?

Release an EP featuring the 5-8 best songs from the old CD sessions will make up one side. The other side will feature four live songs - catcher, Twat, seeker and they Young song. Release it ASAP, along with a single and video. Could be live song or one of the new ones. Do a rolling stone interview and play whatever the next awards show is for publicity. Hit a few major markets for a summer 2013 tour. Where u play new material.

Relax and vacation.

Meet back in the studio from October thru December. Record 10 new songs. Add the four best CD remaining songs. Release that album in may and kick off the tour in the summer of 2014.

wasted

wasted

Freedom Fighter

• Members
  • 38,347 posts
  • 31-March 04
He did the last Crue album. He doesnt lack confidence or ambition. I think he can at least do a couple of tunes for GNR.

Ides Of March, Berlin, Atlas Shrugged, Oh My God, Silkworms , Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Soul Monster, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song, Zodiac. You know you should believe!

The Archer

The Archer

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • 10-April 07

Also BBA : remember when you told BBF you wouldn't travel to Vegas to see his cover "band" ?

Hehe.

We all do.

Yes, I am an unabashed Axlite.

alfa75

alfa75

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • 14-February 11
I am pretty new to the forum, but I have the sense that these exact type of conversations were happening from 99-2008. "With Bucket on board he could just..." , "I think with what Robin has done with NIN, Axl will let him...", "Since Paul grew up with Axl, and helped write Back off Bitch..." etc

I get the sense that this could be another LONG series of discussions. It's been over 4 years since CD. I remember the wait for UYI seemed forever, and that was with Lies to tide the fans over.

wasted

wasted

Freedom Fighter

• Members
  • 38,347 posts
  • 31-March 04

Didn't they record another full albums worth of material along with the CD songs? Plus writing songs the past 5-6 years that have BBF and DJ's influence?

Release an EP featuring the 5-8 best songs from the old CD sessions will make up one side. The other side will feature four live songs - catcher, Twat, seeker and they Young song. Release it ASAP, along with a single and video. Could be live song or one of the new ones. Do a rolling stone interview and play whatever the next awards show is for publicity. Hit a few major markets for a summer 2013 tour. Where u play new material.

Relax and vacation.

Meet back in the studio from October thru December. Record 10 new songs. Add the four best CD remaining songs. Release that album in may and kick off the tour in the summer of 2014.

I dont think axl sets these kind of deadlines for himself. I think he will totally explore the avenues to him. In more everyday work we have meetings and stuff and decide but hes pursuing some kind of artistic thing.

Maybe he will get motivated to write a kickass hard rock record to prove people wrong.

What are they trying to achieve on the 4th studio album? is it just a collection of songs. I guess doing a Black album or a Death Magnetic. A self titled definitive statement.

Ides Of March, Berlin, Atlas Shrugged, Oh My God, Silkworms , Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Soul Monster, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song, Zodiac. You know you should believe!

Bruno P.

Bruno P.

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,700 posts
  • 10-October 07

He did the last Crue album. He doesnt lack confidence or ambition. I think he can at least do a couple of tunes for GNR.

There's a huge quality difference between Guns and that hair metal band.

"When the whole world looks at me they see some other guy
Doesn't matter what I say, they all made up their minds
I didn't like it then, and I still don't like it now
But I find the strength to smile somehow"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users