Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

In support of the Administration

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,662 posts
  • 30-March 06
I figure with the number of "anti-Mod/Anti-Subs" threads cropping up lately I'd say my piece, as I've had my share of experiences with various mods and administrations here over the past decade. I think Subs and the Mods have done a great job with this place and have really turned it around from darker times. Let us not forget--they inherited a large and rather active forum full of shitheads (that includes me!) and have done very well with with what they had to work with. Having had several dealings with this team--Subs himself and HV in particular--I can say that I am certain, beyond any trace of a doubt, that not only do they care, but they are also not biased towards one poster or another, and have tried to bring greater balance to the forum--which is an impossible task given who we are as a whole.

We must also remember that the Mods and Admins are not robots or genies; They are not here to fulfill every individual's wish nor can they be around 24/7 when stuff happens. It is simply not possible to please EVERYONE or to be on guard all day and night everyday. If a Mod or Admin doesn't respond right away to your complaint or question, it isn't because they "don't care:" or because they are showing favouritism or whatever, it's because they have lives outside of the forum. Their lives do not revolve around this forum. It is for them likely a hobby, not even a job. Like I said, they are not robots; They are not perfect and no Mod or Admin can ever hope to be, but they are doing a damn good job given the place, the people and the circumstances.

I'd say there's certain people and certain behaviours that they should probably exercise more control over, and I do feel that because of the Mods/Admins actually having lives unlike most of us, certain people appear to "get away" with more than they should--but again, the Mods and Admins are neither robots nor magicians nor genies. They are not the Greek Pantheon, sitting at all times on a Mountain watching and listening to us, with all the free time in the world to aid us in what we ask for. I do believe certain people and certain problems will be dealt with in time, but the Mods cannot go on a ban spree just because one or two people wish they would. If that were the case, if the mods listened to the demands of a few, half the forum (or possibly more) would be banned because of petty fights between this person or that. And for those who cry "corruption" or "cronyism"...What would you call it if the Mods banned certain posters simply because one or two posters asked them to? I'd call that corruption. I've dealt with corruption and cronyism on forums in the past--I need not mention names--and helped set it right. I know it when I see it.

And I can confirm--UK Subs did NOT give up on this place, as someone claimed. He is actually really busy in real life. Having myself been a member here for ten years I can assure you of Subs' devotion to the forum. He's one of the best. He loves and cares about the place as much as any detractor does also--but Subs has real life things to worry about too, like the rest of us.

I think that instead of shitting on the Mods and Subs and HV, we should thank them. If it wasn't for Subs, we would no longer have this forum in the first place. Have we forgotten that so quickly? If the mods were unfair or biased or this or that, I wouldn't be here posting this right now. The fact of the matter is they are people just as we are with real life problems and concerns, they are GN'R fans as most of us are, and they also happen to be in charge here--and they are doing a great job.

Edited by Vincent Vega, 01 December 2012 - 02:25 PM.

-Member formerly known as Mr. Miser/Honky Chateau/Memnoch the Devil/Indigo Child/Clark Gable/Virgil Caine-
GUNS N' ROSES = AXL, SLASH, IZZY, DUFF, STEVEN

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*
  • Guests
  • --
What's the point in this ass licking thread? I like you Miser, you know that, but honestly this comes off as a lame attempt at kissing ass. We all know you don't actually have these opinions.

As for the topic, I stand for everything I've said about how I think the forum is run. It could be worse, I suppose, but it could also be a whole lot better, which is why people have been complaining. I don't know why I bother, I really shouldn't and I know that and maybe it would be better if I pretended everything was perfect like you're suggesting, but coming here has been one of my biggest interest for many years now and I'm disappointed in what became after Subs took it over.

I know I've complained a whole lot, but I'm always giving my opinion. If you ever do something I like, I'll be the first to comment on that as well.

ColdHeartBreaker

ColdHeartBreaker

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,939 posts
  • 16-September 09

I figure with the number of "anti-Mod/Anti-Subs" threads cropping up lately I'd say my piece

Why am I not surprised?

as I've had my share of experiences with various mods and administrations here over the past decade.

Very impressive. Total badass. Past decade? Wow.

I think Subs and the Mods have done a great job with this place and have really turned it around from darker times. Let us not forget--they inherited a large and rather active forum full of shitheads (that includes me!) and have done very well with with what they had to work with. Having had several dealings with this team--Subs himself and HV in particular--I can say that I am certain, beyond any trace of a doubt, that not only do they care, but they are also not biased towards one poster or another, and have tried to bring greater balance to the forum--which is an impossible task given who we are as a whole.

Stating the obvious whilst kissing ass at the same time, well done. - No one doesn't get this, it's just some people choose to forget this at times.

And I can confirm--UK Subs did NOT give up on this place, as someone claimed.

Thank you Miser!!!
 "What I really meant was that the sound of the guitar is very happy. "

Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 12,662 posts
  • 30-March 06

What's the point in this ass licking thread? I like you Miser, you know that, but honestly this comes off as a lame attempt at kissing ass. We all know you don't actually have these opinions.

As for the topic, I stand for everything I've said about how I think the forum is run. It could be worse, I suppose, but it could also be a whole lot better, which is why people have been complaining. I don't know why I bother, I really shouldn't and I know that and maybe it would be better if I pretended everything was perfect like you're suggesting, but coming here has been one of my biggest interest for many years now and I'm disappointed in what became after Subs took it over.

I know I've complained a whole lot, but I'm always giving my opinion. If you ever do something I like, I'll be the first to comment on that as well.

It's not "ass licking." It's more a response to the crap the mods have gotten lately. I like you, I like TM but I feel at times, as much as I like TM, that he's gone about things the wrong way and his way has at times only caused MORE trouble and discord. He has only harmed his cause, which may have merit, and his standing. That is not to say I feel other parties are in the right--they are equally in the wrong. A lot of us on both sides have been guilty of doing shit or saying shit we shouldn't have.

I never said it's perfect or it's Utopia, but they are doing the best they can. You may not feel they're doing it up to your own standards but they are trying.

Like I said, have you and others forgotten so soon that if it weren't for Subs, this forum wouldn't exist anymore, that it had a former Admin who really did stop caring, and that if it weren't for Subs and the Mods being fair, previously banned members like myself and you wouldn't be posting right now under own original identities?

Remember, they didn't have to unban any of us or give any of us a second chance. I am grateful for that and I think sometimes we take the Mods for granted.

Edited by Vincent Vega, 01 December 2012 - 02:37 PM.

-Member formerly known as Mr. Miser/Honky Chateau/Memnoch the Devil/Indigo Child/Clark Gable/Virgil Caine-

ColdHeartBreaker

ColdHeartBreaker

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,939 posts
  • 16-September 09

I think that instead of shitting on the Mods and Subs and HV, we should thank them. If it wasn't for Subs, we would no longer have this forum in the first place. Have we forgotten that so quickly? If the mods were unfair or biased or this or that, I wouldn't be here posting this right now. The fact of the matter is they are people just as we are with real life problems and concerns, they are GN'R fans as most of us are, and they also happen to be in charge here--and they are doing a great job.

You're like a fucking oracle.

bacardimayne

bacardimayne

Fatter than ever

• Supporters
  • 15,312 posts
  • 10-May 08
Good thread.

Though, does anyone really bash Subs?

Edited by bacardimayne, 01 December 2012 - 02:37 PM.

dQOAHSG.png

Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 12,662 posts
  • 30-March 06

Good thread.

Though, does anyone really bash Subs?

Someone made a thread here saying Subs basically gave up on the forum/doesn't give a shit.

ColdHeartBreaker

ColdHeartBreaker

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,939 posts
  • 16-September 09
I don't know what we'd do without you.

bacardimayne

bacardimayne

Fatter than ever

• Supporters
  • 15,312 posts
  • 10-May 08

Remember, they didn't have to unban any of us or give any of us a second chance. I am grateful for that and I think sometimes we take the Mods for granted.

While I don't diagree with your points, they pretty much had to do this if they wanted the forum to get reasonably big again.

dQOAHSG.png

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*
  • Guests
  • --
Jeez, Miser, it's not about us taking them for granted, it's that we want them to do their jobs. Of course they have real lives to live (and priority), but maybe they could act some time when stuff happens. Even if they don't have time to do it until the day after. I wouldn't complain about that it doesn't happen the second after the "crime" (if we are to take this a little too serious) is committed, but that it happens when they have time for it. My problem has been that there has been many times when it has been obvious that rules (sometimes many rules) have been broken by the same person, but nothing has happened. I suppose you can say that it's been dealt with in PM, but when the same person(s) just continue to do the very same the next day and the next and the next for the coming months, reports are made (Not by me, I know, but I know people reported some of it) and no real consequence happens, then you kind of grow tired of it. I know you do as well, so don't play no bullshit with me here. I'm sure many people on here know that I have always been fairly supportive of the moderators. I agree, not many people will thank them when they do something good, it's a thankless job, but they've taken it and know that, so there's no reason to make them out to be some kind of martyrs.

Like I said, I'll be the first to give them credit when I think it's deserved, but I'll also criticise when I think that's deserved.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt, 01 December 2012 - 02:57 PM.

Zint

Zint

• Supporters
  • 17,013 posts
  • 24-February 06

maybe they could act some time when stuff happens.

Oh please...if it's one of your buddies we act on, you're the first one there riding us about it.

Double standards much buddy?

2i0u9oh.jpg

AxlisOld

AxlisOld

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 9,411 posts
  • 08-May 05
The mods are doing fine.

/thread

duffman.gifstormtrooper.gif
WARNING: Consumption of alcoholic beverages will MAKE YOU AWESOME

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*
  • Guests
  • --

Oh please...if it's one of your buddies we act on, you're the first one there riding us about it.

Double standards much buddy?

Not true. I can quote what I said in the other thread.

Miser was suspended for three weeks for a thread. That might have been fair enough, I can agree that it could have been taken as a dig at someone

:monkey:

Randy Lahey

Randy Lahey

FRONTMAN

• Returned
  • 15,646 posts
  • 29-June 06
It's a shame that the Mods on here are allowing Dazey and friends to stalk and harass TM again.

Edited by Randy Lahey, 01 December 2012 - 03:14 PM.

Posted Image
Welcome To The Jungle of Smooth Flamenco Beatz
Dre Day will make Axl's payday.

Crash Diet

Crash Diet

OH MY GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,839 posts
  • 22-October 11

It's a shame that the Mods on here are allowing Dazey and friends to stalk and harass TM again.

it's a shame that TM allowed to post here, esp. on the AG section

Old GNR became the biggest band in the world, and they died with that title. Nobody knocked them off the top, they did it themselves.

we were the left overs... the "hardcore" fans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users