In support of the Administration

Vincent Vega

I figure with the number of "anti-Mod/Anti-Subs" threads cropping up lately I'd say my piece, as I've had my share of experiences with various mods and administrations here over the past decade. I think Subs and the Mods have done a great job with this place and have really turned it around from darker times. Let us not forget--they inherited a large and rather active forum full of shitheads (that includes me!) and have done very well with with what they had to work with. Having had several dealings with this team--Subs himself and HV in particular--I can say that I am certain, beyond any trace of a doubt, that not only do they care, but they are also not biased towards one poster or another, and have tried to bring greater balance to the forum--which is an impossible task given who we are as a whole.

We must also remember that the Mods and Admins are not robots or genies; They are not here to fulfill every individual's wish nor can they be around 24/7 when stuff happens. It is simply not possible to please EVERYONE or to be on guard all day and night everyday. If a Mod or Admin doesn't respond right away to your complaint or question, it isn't because they "don't care:" or because they are showing favouritism or whatever, it's because they have lives outside of the forum. Their lives do not revolve around this forum. It is for them likely a hobby, not even a job. Like I said, they are not robots; They are not perfect and no Mod or Admin can ever hope to be, but they are doing a damn good job given the place, the people and the circumstances.

I'd say there's certain people and certain behaviours that they should probably exercise more control over, and I do feel that because of the Mods/Admins actually having lives unlike most of us, certain people appear to "get away" with more than they should--but again, the Mods and Admins are neither robots nor magicians nor genies. They are not the Greek Pantheon, sitting at all times on a Mountain watching and listening to us, with all the free time in the world to aid us in what we ask for. I do believe certain people and certain problems will be dealt with in time, but the Mods cannot go on a ban spree just because one or two people wish they would. If that were the case, if the mods listened to the demands of a few, half the forum (or possibly more) would be banned because of petty fights between this person or that. And for those who cry "corruption" or "cronyism"...What would you call it if the Mods banned certain posters simply because one or two posters asked them to? I'd call that corruption. I've dealt with corruption and cronyism on forums in the past--I need not mention names--and helped set it right. I know it when I see it.

And I can confirm--UK Subs did NOT give up on this place, as someone claimed. He is actually really busy in real life. Having myself been a member here for ten years I can assure you of Subs' devotion to the forum. He's one of the best. He loves and cares about the place as much as any detractor does also--but Subs has real life things to worry about too, like the rest of us.

I think that instead of shitting on the Mods and Subs and HV, we should thank them. If it wasn't for Subs, we would no longer have this forum in the first place. Have we forgotten that so quickly? If the mods were unfair or biased or this or that, I wouldn't be here posting this right now. The fact of the matter is they are people just as we are with real life problems and concerns, they are GN'R fans as most of us are, and they also happen to be in charge here--and they are doing a great job.

Edited by Vincent Vega

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

What's the point in this ass licking thread? I like you Miser, you know that, but honestly this comes off as a lame attempt at kissing ass. We all know you don't actually have these opinions.

As for the topic, I stand for everything I've said about how I think the forum is run. It could be worse, I suppose, but it could also be a whole lot better, which is why people have been complaining. I don't know why I bother, I really shouldn't and I know that and maybe it would be better if I pretended everything was perfect like you're suggesting, but coming here has been one of my biggest interest for many years now and I'm disappointed in what became after Subs took it over.

I know I've complained a whole lot, but I'm always giving my opinion. If you ever do something I like, I'll be the first to comment on that as well.

I figure with the number of "anti-Mod/Anti-Subs" threads cropping up lately I'd say my piece

Why am I not surprised?

as I've had my share of experiences with various mods and administrations here over the past decade.

Very impressive. Total badass. Past decade? Wow.

I think Subs and the Mods have done a great job with this place and have really turned it around from darker times. Let us not forget--they inherited a large and rather active forum full of shitheads (that includes me!) and have done very well with with what they had to work with. Having had several dealings with this team--Subs himself and HV in particular--I can say that I am certain, beyond any trace of a doubt, that not only do they care, but they are also not biased towards one poster or another, and have tried to bring greater balance to the forum--which is an impossible task given who we are as a whole.

Stating the obvious whilst kissing ass at the same time, well done. - No one doesn't get this, it's just some people choose to forget this at times.

And I can confirm--UK Subs did NOT give up on this place, as someone claimed.

Thank you Miser!!!

What's the point in this ass licking thread? I like you Miser, you know that, but honestly this comes off as a lame attempt at kissing ass. We all know you don't actually have these opinions.

As for the topic, I stand for everything I've said about how I think the forum is run. It could be worse, I suppose, but it could also be a whole lot better, which is why people have been complaining. I don't know why I bother, I really shouldn't and I know that and maybe it would be better if I pretended everything was perfect like you're suggesting, but coming here has been one of my biggest interest for many years now and I'm disappointed in what became after Subs took it over.

I know I've complained a whole lot, but I'm always giving my opinion. If you ever do something I like, I'll be the first to comment on that as well.

It's not "ass licking." It's more a response to the crap the mods have gotten lately. I like you, I like TM but I feel at times, as much as I like TM, that he's gone about things the wrong way and his way has at times only caused MORE trouble and discord. He has only harmed his cause, which may have merit, and his standing. That is not to say I feel other parties are in the right--they are equally in the wrong. A lot of us on both sides have been guilty of doing shit or saying shit we shouldn't have.

I never said it's perfect or it's Utopia, but they are doing the best they can. You may not feel they're doing it up to your own standards but they are trying.

Like I said, have you and others forgotten so soon that if it weren't for Subs, this forum wouldn't exist anymore, that it had a former Admin who really did stop caring, and that if it weren't for Subs and the Mods being fair, previously banned members like myself and you wouldn't be posting right now under own original identities?

Remember, they didn't have to unban any of us or give any of us a second chance. I am grateful for that and I think sometimes we take the Mods for granted.

Edited by Vincent Vega

I think that instead of shitting on the Mods and Subs and HV, we should thank them. If it wasn't for Subs, we would no longer have this forum in the first place. Have we forgotten that so quickly? If the mods were unfair or biased or this or that, I wouldn't be here posting this right now. The fact of the matter is they are people just as we are with real life problems and concerns, they are GN'R fans as most of us are, and they also happen to be in charge here--and they are doing a great job.

You're like a fucking oracle.

Remember, they didn't have to unban any of us or give any of us a second chance. I am grateful for that and I think sometimes we take the Mods for granted.

While I don't diagree with your points, they pretty much had to do this if they wanted the forum to get reasonably big again.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Jeez, Miser, it's not about us taking them for granted, it's that we want them to do their jobs. Of course they have real lives to live (and priority), but maybe they could act some time when stuff happens. Even if they don't have time to do it until the day after. I wouldn't complain about that it doesn't happen the second after the "crime" (if we are to take this a little too serious) is committed, but that it happens when they have time for it. My problem has been that there has been many times when it has been obvious that rules (sometimes many rules) have been broken by the same person, but nothing has happened. I suppose you can say that it's been dealt with in PM, but when the same person(s) just continue to do the very same the next day and the next and the next for the coming months, reports are made (Not by me, I know, but I know people reported some of it) and no real consequence happens, then you kind of grow tired of it. I know you do as well, so don't play no bullshit with me here. I'm sure many people on here know that I have always been fairly supportive of the moderators. I agree, not many people will thank them when they do something good, it's a thankless job, but they've taken it and know that, so there's no reason to make them out to be some kind of martyrs.

Like I said, I'll be the first to give them credit when I think it's deserved, but I'll also criticise when I think that's deserved.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Oh please...if it's one of your buddies we act on, you're the first one there riding us about it.

Double standards much buddy?

Not true. I can quote what I said in the other thread.

Miser was suspended for three weeks for a thread. That might have been fair enough, I can agree that it could have been taken as a dig at someone

:monkey:

Oh please...if it's one of your buddies we act on, you're the first one there riding us about it.

Miser was suspended for three weeks for a thread. That might have been fair enough, I can agree that it could have been taken as a dig at someone

Dude you have a history of bagging on mods, case in point today.

Oh and for the record, I tend to apply the term "worthless" to racist pieces of shit.

But hey, that's just me. :shrugs:

It's a shame that the Mods on here are allowing Dazey and friends to stalk and harass TM again.

They're not, though. Those members have been addressed, multiple times, suspensions and warnings issued. Just because they aren't banned doesn't mean they aren't being dealt with.

Same goes for TM though, who constantly brings up a rumor about a particular member (and Miser, who has done the same thing and will admit to to it) whenever he's getting messed with, and that particular member never messes with him. Stuff like that doesn't help his cause at all.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I have a history of saying my opinion, whether it's popular or not. I've been saying a lot of positive things about the moderators during my years here as well, I'm sure you'll find that if you ever feel any desire to look. Just because I've never found anything good to say about your moderating doesn't mean it never happened.

As for me being a worthless, racist piece of shit - Well, you're free to have your opinion.

Are you guys serious?

It's the internet, it's an internet forum. Every post is PUBLIC. You can not stalk someone when everything they post is PUBLIC.

And for fucks sake, thomas brings it on himself. This forum has a long history of members bashing other members, I imagine its allowed to slide when its just a few 'fuck you' comments, just because of the nature of the forum you're posting on. It's a Guns N' Roses forum, celebrating a band that used an absurd amount of insults, cursing, and harassment in their lyrics, therefore it can be assumed that a large portion of their fan base are people who swear, and are aggressive.

There's a huge difference between Dazey posting a few 'fuck you thomas, you're stupid' esque comments, and then thomas turning around and making personal comments about a woman on the forum who is a mother, and making wild implications on her personal life and how she raises her kid.

I mean, man up and brush the comments off, or banter back with them, that's how this forum has ALWAYS worked.

Here's the old MyGNR formula:

Someone insults someone

They insult the original person back

Some more people get involved

Thread gets derailed and after five pages madison locks it, and everyone moves on.

The New MyGNR formula:

Someone insults someone

The insulted person then makes an obscene personal insult attack someone who wasn't even involved in the argument(and who almost always is never involved in the argument), while simultaneously posting a thread in Support complaining about being stalked and brutal harassed on the internets

The mods laugh about the whole situation, and suspend someone for a day or two because they're tired of people acting like babies.

:shrugs:

Edited by LiveFromNormal

TM is only lashing out because he is at the end of his rope. Can't you guys just tell Dazey and friends not to post in TM's threads? I don't blame TM for getting upset. He had to go through this same shit on another forum already.

I know, Randy, but you know that isn't an excuse to bring up stuff he does, again, pertaining to members that aren't even involved in messing with him.

As for telling them not to post in his thread, we've done that, it works for a bit and slowly starts to come back. It's something that's almost impossible to prevent if the member keep up. But, to go off of that point, read HV's post in the other thread in Support - TM makes good threads, then makes other threads that seem like he's just trying to get people to make fun of him - and this coming from someone who likes TM a good bit.

This forum has a long history of members bashing other members, I imagine its allowed to slide when its just a few 'fuck you' comments, just because of the nature of the forum you're posting on. It's a Guns N' Roses forum, celebrating a band that used an absurd amount of insults, cursing, and harassment in their lyrics, therefore it can be assumed that a large portion of their fan base are people who swear.

I have to admit, I always found the no swearing policy on a GnR forum rather hilarious! :lol:

Dude you have a history of bagging on mods, case in point today.

Oh and for the record, I tend to apply the term "worthless" to racist pieces of shit.

But hey, that's just me. :shrugs:

GOLD! :rofl-lol:

As for me being a worthless, racist piece of shit - Well, you're free to have your opinion.

I didn't specify anybody, but if you seem to think it was applied to you, sorry if you felt the shoe fit.