Does anybody else think that Marc Canter could be guy to bring Axl and Slash back together?

BBA

Does anybody else think that Marc Canter could be guy to bring Axl and Slash back together?

Seriously, Marc. You should try to make reuniting the two your goal. Sure, you may have to use some underhanded tactics to set up an initial meeting, but think about the potential payoff. I'm in if you need any help.

Is anyone else with me on this?

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I've been thinking about this as well. I'd love if it happened. I think that if Axl and Slash just met they'd talk and then who knows what could happen? Maybe it would be the same reaction as when Axl met Duff. They'd just hug and Axl would be more happy at the next concert than he had been in years and it might eventually lead to the reunion we all want.

But Axl is mad at Marc because of the book now, so Marc is on Axl's enemy list as well.

BTW, Marc setting up a meet with both of them without knowing the other one will be there would be a really shitty thing for a friend to do. It is absolutely not comparable to drug use or whatever you are trying to compare it to.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

I have a feeling, for some reason, if Axl and Slash were able to sit down and talk, it wouldn't be as crazy as people think.

If Axl can get back with Duff by just running into him in a hotel, I don't think a meeting with Slash would be any different. In fact, I think it would be a really good thing. He hasn't talked to Slash in 20 years. Maybe if he was able to talk to Slash again it would help him not be bitter and angry inside at Slash anymore. And it'll be very good for the fans as well.

I'm not saying a full blown reunion of the old line-up, because I don't think that would last a full tour. But, if Slash could play with today's GNR for a song or two, or hell if Axl and Slash could write a single together, it'll make everybody happier.

If Axl doesnt want to, then why push him to do so. It's like your buddies telling you to be friends with a girl u broke up with15 years ago.

If Axl doesnt want to, then why push him to do so. It's like your buddies telling you to be friends with a girl u broke up with15 years ago.

I have a feeling, for some reason, if Axl and Slash were able to sit down and talk, it wouldn't be as crazy as people think.

And I agree. In fact, I say they cross paths in the next 5 years and the conversation goes just fine.

However, I think it would be cool if Marc helped rush fate along just a tad.

I think Axl will eventually wind up meeting up with Marc for some reason or other. It had zero effect on Chinese Democracy, but he disrespected Axl's wishes, so the book doesn't get the "Pope's blessing".

I think however Slash and Axl "communicate" through third parties will continue. At some point I could see Beta and Perla discussing getting them together, but not "under ambush". Slash has nothing left to say about Axl in the media, and if Axl keeps dredging Slash up in interviews, people are just going to go "get over it already."

Perla and Beta are the only people who would have to get together and talk because Axl and Slash wanted them to talk to each other.