Why do people say the chorus of "Breakdown" sucks?

Vincent Vega

Great Fucking song with amazing lyrics!

If I could change one thing about it though it would be the rant about the "Blue meanies" at the end. It steps on the outro solo which is all sorts of awesome and seems a bit forced and unnecessary in my opinion.

Yeah, the outro used to be bother me some too, but now I kind of dig it. It dates the song and makes it seem like a relic- which in retrospect I consider a good thing, especially when you consider the songs autobiographical nature. A lot of it seems to be about the mindset and headspace of the band as a whole during that time period. Along with Pretty Tied Up, Locomotive, Estranged, and Civil War I consider it one of the centerpieces of the records. Its one of those glue songs that helps balance the record and allow the other songs to coexist without seeming out of place.

If you hate this song you hate Axl's songwriting. The song 100% Axl.

Also, there is no chorus.

Agree 100% w/the first statement.

I guess you could consider the "Breakdown, let me hear you now" part the chorus.

Yeah I always assumed it was right up there with November Rain, Estranged, and Locomotive as one of the greats in the hearts of GNR fans. Not talking about GNR radio cuts fans, talking about people like us. I'm surprised to see how much hate for it has been popping up.