Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vincent Vega

Why do people say the chorus of "Breakdown" sucks?

39 posts in this topic

I've read some say that they feel the chorus of "Breakdown" sucks and ruins the potential the song had. Why? I feel it's a good chorus and it makes the song that much more unique because with the chrous you now have a song which has country, funk and ballad elements all in it. It fits and gives the song a sort of groove.

Breakdown is a brilliant song. Great intro, awesome verses, unique chorus, great solo and I love the honkytonk piano playing. Definately in my top 5 UYI-era songs and probably in my top 10 all time favourites from Guns.

4 people like this

Breakdown is an amazing song one of GNR`s best fuckwits clean your ears from grease

1 person likes this

The chorus has no melody. That and Axl's talking outro are the only two flaws in an otherwise gorgeous song.

1 person likes this

The chorus has no melody. That and Axl's talking outro are the only two flaws in an otherwise gorgeous song.

This. Axl ruined the outro with all the talkin'. Song is awesome.

I think it's a pretty underrated song. I loved it since first day I heard it. In my opinion, the chorus is ok.

I love Breakdown and I really hope they play it live, but that most likely will not happen :(

Breakdown sounded 1000x better live performed by the original band. Slash shines on it!

Breakdown sounded 1000x better live performed by the original band. Slash shines on it!

Wow...right now I don't remember I have ever heard Breakdown live! I have to search on youtube..

Edited by izzygirl

Wow...right now I don't remember I have ever heard Breakdown live! I have to search on youtube..

They only did it, I think, 4 or 6 times or something of that nature.

If Axl hadn't slathered this song with comical vocal delivery during the choruses (not to mention the idiotic spoken word outro), it would be a phenomenal song. As is, it's just merely great.

1 person likes this

Because if you ask enough people you can find someone that hates anything, including great songs.

If you hate this song you hate Axl's songwriting. The song 100% Axl.

Also, there is no chorus.

1 person likes this