Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Does anyone know why Axl chased David Bowie down the street?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

MishoGunsNRoses

MishoGunsNRoses

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • 13-June 11
What did actually happen that night and why did he chase Bowie down the sreet, does anybody know?

Edited by MishoGunsNRoses, 03 December 2012 - 01:34 PM.

“Keith Moon, God rest his soul, once drove his car through the glass doors of a hotel, driving all the way up to the reception desk, got out and asked for the key to his room.”

Dark Knight

Dark Knight

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • 12-August 12
If memory serves me well Bowie tried to hit on Erin Everly and Axl punched him in the face

Edited by Son of a Guns, 03 December 2012 - 01:35 PM.

Formerly known as Son of a gun

MishoGunsNRoses

MishoGunsNRoses

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • 13-June 11
I didn't know that, and I couldn find it on the forum. That was a fun night. :D
“Keith Moon, God rest his soul, once drove his car through the glass doors of a hotel, driving all the way up to the reception desk, got out and asked for the key to his room.”

Silent Jay

Silent Jay

SOUL MONSTER

• SILVER
  • 3,029 posts
  • 04-January 12

When David Bowie visited the set of “It’s So Easy,” Axl found him flirting with then-girlfriend Erin Everly, punched Bowie, and threw him off the set.

http://sobadsogood.com/2012/02/07/30-things-you-didnt-know-about-axl-rose/

Posted Image

Axl Rose and David Bowie at the China Club, Los Angeles, 1989

Paris 2006/Geneva 2010/Lyon 2012

911886123.jpg

Everything is raised to apotheosis. The cradle gives up its babes and new ones take their place

Thin White Duke

Thin White Duke

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • 02-November 12

If memory serves me well Bowie tried to hit on Erin Everly and Axl punched him in the face

Yes. I don't know how Axl dared, David is a god, he can do whatever he wants. -_-

'That Homer Simpson looking motherfucker'. 

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,182 posts
  • 12-December 08
The only story I heard was Slash's mom was hanging with Bowie, and Axl embarrassed Bowie from the stage.

I think Axl punching or chasing David Bowie is myth, but see what Marc says.

The only one I know that punched Bowie was Lou Reed. A good question to ask Lars Ulrich about who he wouldn't want to piss off, Axl or Lou, he'd prob. say Lou.

Edited by dalsh327, 11 December 2012 - 12:06 AM.

Kill Devil Hill

Kill Devil Hill

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • 14-July 11

The only story I heard was Slash's mom was hanging with Bowie, and Axl embarrassed Bowie from the stage.

I think Axl punching or chasing David Bowie is myth, but see what Marc says.

The only one I know that punched Bowie was Lou Reed. A good question to ask Lars Ulrich about who he wouldn't want to piss off, Axl or Lou, he'd prob. say Lou.

I actually think the hitting-on-Erin story was in Slash's book, if I recall correctly. Can anyone who's read the book in the past few months confirm?

In regards to Slash, I read a desperate fan's message about, what if one of us were to die and looking back I had the possibility of a reunion now, blah blah blah. And my thoughts are, "Yeah, and while you're at the show your baby accidentally kicks a candle and burns your house down, killing himself and the rest of your family."

Angelica

Angelica

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • 09-June 05
I don't know if it's in Slash's book, but it's here - http://www.heretoday...php?articleid=4

citizendick_zpsf312adb4.jpg

A compliment for us, is a compliment for you

Guest_Len B'stard_*

Guest_Len B'stard_*
  • Guests
  • --
Axl could chase him round the fuckin' globe if he likes, Bowie is still 100 times the artist Axl ever was :)

Sprite

Sprite

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts
  • 28-January 05

Axl could chase him round the fuckin' globe if he likes, Bowie is still 100 times the artist Axl ever was :)

Opinions are a funny thing!

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,182 posts
  • 12-December 08

No doubt Bowie had his quirks, but they didn't stand in the way of what he wanted and how he wanted it. When he wanted to call it a day with Ziggy, he just went ahead and did it. He didn't fit in one genre, and could come out, announce a new tour and it would sell out in minutes.

PappyTron

PappyTron

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,969 posts
  • 16-May 07

10000%

"I actually had one cute hat, and it blew off at the CVS parking lot. And this whole car full of black kids ran over it, for no reason. AND THEY SAW IT! THEY SAW IT!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users