Does anyone know why Axl chased David Bowie down the street?

MishoGunsNRoses

The only story I heard was Slash's mom was hanging with Bowie, and Axl embarrassed Bowie from the stage.

I think Axl punching or chasing David Bowie is myth, but see what Marc says.

The only one I know that punched Bowie was Lou Reed. A good question to ask Lars Ulrich about who he wouldn't want to piss off, Axl or Lou, he'd prob. say Lou.

Edited by dalsh327

The only story I heard was Slash's mom was hanging with Bowie, and Axl embarrassed Bowie from the stage.

I think Axl punching or chasing David Bowie is myth, but see what Marc says.

The only one I know that punched Bowie was Lou Reed. A good question to ask Lars Ulrich about who he wouldn't want to piss off, Axl or Lou, he'd prob. say Lou.

I actually think the hitting-on-Erin story was in Slash's book, if I recall correctly. Can anyone who's read the book in the past few months confirm?

Axl could chase him round the fuckin' globe if he likes, Bowie is still 100 times the artist Axl ever was :)

No doubt Bowie had his quirks, but they didn't stand in the way of what he wanted and how he wanted it. When he wanted to call it a day with Ziggy, he just went ahead and did it. He didn't fit in one genre, and could come out, announce a new tour and it would sell out in minutes.

• 2 weeks later...