Do you count calories?

arnold layne

Guest Len B'stard

fuck off :lol: Ain't you fuckin' got nothing better to do :lol: Christ almighty, that'd drive me up the fuckin' wall, i'd fuckin' shoot myself if i was ever that fuckin'...tightly clenched.

Counting calories, i could understand if you're like, bodybuilding or something, where it's necessary but like, just for the sake of it? Fuckin' hell, all the shit i forget in a day, all the shit i can't pack into 24 hours, everytime i have to hurry to bed cuz i gotta be up early...and there's people out there with that little to do that they're counting calories? Fuckin' scandalous :lol:

fuck off :lol: Ain't you fuckin' got nothing better to do :lol: Christ almighty, that'd drive me up the fuckin' wall, i'd fuckin' shoot myself if i was ever that fuckin'...tightly clenched.

Counting calories, i could understand if you're like, bodybuilding or something, where it's necessary but like, just for the sake of it? Fuckin' hell, all the shit i forget in a day, all the shit i can't pack into 24 hours, everytime i have to hurry to bed cuz i gotta be up early...and there's people out there with that little to do that they're counting calories? Fuckin' scandalous :lol:

Word.

Guest Len B'stard

Word.

Yes...many words...many words that make sentences...sentences that make paragraphs...paragraphs that make text...told you life'd make sense eventually :D

Fuck off. Some of us are extremely vain and obsessive.

By the way MyFitnessPal helps me out.

I think it's great that you are paying attention to what you eat. If you get into good diet habits now, it will be easier to adjust when your metabolism slows way down after age 30.

One slice of Reese's Peanut Butter Cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory is 1,330 calories .... that's more calories than I eat all day. :shock:

Fuck no! The moment I start counting calories is the moment my life ends. It sucks the fun right out of eating, and you have to start eating the same shit doing the same routine. Calories should be the last thing you worry about in your life. Concerned about your weight? Order five big macs instead of six and take the stairs.

Edited by Kill Devil Hill

You eat less than 1,300 a day?

I eat 1,600.

Yup, mainly by not drinking any calories. I usually drink just water, sometimes flavored.

Dinner is usually whole grain pasta with a tiny bit of sauce and cheese. A whole box is just 1,400 calories - I usually eat about 1/4th of a box.

Don't get me wrong, I will never turn down pizza or some other high calorie foods ... I just limit those times when I do eat more than 2,000 calories.

I enter everything I eat into MyFitnessPal. It's not primarily to count calories, though I end up doing that. It's because I used to have trouble getting enough protein every day. So I monitor that and other nutrients and add more at the end of the day if needed. Looks like average of 1300 calories a day which keeps me at my good weight. MyFitnessPal is good because it doesn't take any time and breaks it all down for me.

Do people not realize that under 1,500 is not healthy if you do it consistently? My basic metabolic rate will burn 1,800 calories if I stay in bed ALL DAY. That will keep my weight flat. There's a reason women are supposed to eat 2,000 and men are supposed to eat 2,500.

• Like 1

Do people not realize that under 1,500 is not healthy if you do it consistently? My basic metabolic rate will burn 1,800 calories if I stay in bed ALL DAY. That will keep my weight flat. There's a reason women are supposed to eat 2,000 and men are supposed to eat 2,500.

It's not true. My roommate barely eats at all, in fact possibly less than I do and he's overweight.

It's not true. My roommate barely eats at all, in fact possibly less than I do and he's overweight.

It's all about genes or something. By all means, I should be a fat fuck, but I'm not. And then there are the people who have to work their ass off to stay not-obese.

Undereating can do that. Your body goes into panic mode and thinks you're starving so it stores fat whenever it can. Plus, dude might just be fat.