Reconstruct the UYI albums

I have an idea

Why don't some musically inclined members of the forum reconstruct the UYI albums?

What I mean is, have someone isolate Axl's vocals using a music program of some sort, then re-record the albums using a more AFD-like guitar assault, clearer production in the guitar sound again similar to AFD (meaning no Slash overdubbed rhythm parts, Izzy's rhythm being equal in the mix to Slash clashing with his leads ala AFD), no sound effects, and no piano or keyboards except for the songs based on piano, with someone providing Adler-style drums based on his playing style on AFD and other songs he's been a part of.

Refer to the demos of the UYI songs for arrangement/presentation in some cases (For example, Yesterdays and Don't Cry), and do the production/mixing in a style mimicking AFD's (with all the little 80s production things like reverb etc)?

Basically the idea would be to reconstruct the UYI albums in a rawer, more AFD-esque style similar to what might have been if not for the overproduction, Axl's sound effects, Izzy not being present for the mixing sessions, Adler being fired and Dizzy being hired.

Basically a "Let it Be...Naked" style version of the UYI albums, but made by the fans.

Edited by Vincent Vega

It would be next to impossible to isolate Axl's vocals cleanly. Multitracks for the Illusions don't exist. Apparently the masters were destroyed in a fire. Even if that last part isn't true, we still don't have the multitracks. You'd be able to cancel out some frequencies in the spectrum that his voice doesn't occupy but not enough to have a clean Axl vocal track without it sounding all messed up.

It would be next to impossible to isolate Axl's vocals cleanly. Multitracks for the Illusions don't exist. Apparently the masters were destroyed in a fire. Even if that last part isn't true, we still don't have the multitracks. You'd be able to cancel out some frequencies in the spectrum that his voice doesn't occupy but not enough to have a clean Axl vocal track without it sounding all messed up.

That's fucking gay. If we had the multitracks I imagine it'd be REALLY easy to create a stripped down UYIs. I like all the little bells and whistles and keyboard parts but I would be interested in hearing the UYIs if the guitars were mixed with that sharpness and clarity that AFD had. The guitars, mix wise, seem dull somehow, more polished. And the Rhythm and Lead parts sort of mush together on the UYIs, whereas on AFD Izzy's rhythm and leads and Slash's leads and rhythms were very clearly spaced out and defined and as such had good interplay together.

That's fucking gay. If we had the multitracks I imagine it'd be REALLY easy to create a stripped down UYIs. I like all the little bells and whistles and keyboard parts but I would be interested in hearing the UYIs if the guitars were mixed with that sharpness and clarity that AFD had. The guitars, mix wise, seem dull somehow, more polished. And the Rhythm and Lead parts sort of mush together on the UYIs, whereas on AFD Izzy's rhythm and leads and Slash's leads and rhythms were very clearly spaced out and defined and as such had good interplay together.

Even if the multitracks exist (who the hell knows, maybe Axl has a copy [or 5 in case one copy got damaged] of them), we're not getting them, so, well, whatever I guess.